Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

1 minute ago, maradyne said:

It's a passing mention of something I found funny. Chill, yo. Update hype!

do you actually think people are this gullible? just bump your mod project's thread or put it in your signature, stop making up extremely silly excuses to advertise it in every thread

2 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

do you actually think people are this gullible? just bump your mod project's thread or put it in your signature, stop making up extremely silly excuses to advertise it in every thread

...you know...
As far as I recall, I've only even mentioned it in a couple other places where people were already talking about the things we were doing in the mod.

I know a lot of people dislike the modding community, but this is laying it on a bit thick. If you like the concept, you can click. If you don't, pass it by and continue with your day.

3 minutes ago, maradyne said:

As far as I recall, I've only even mentioned it in a couple other places where people were already talking about the things we were doing in the mod.

in this thread, you and your friends spammed a link to the mod project's discord server three times without even contributing to the topic of the thread, stop playing dumb

3 minutes ago, maradyne said:

I know a lot of people dislike the modding community, but this is laying it on a bit thick. If you like the concept, you can click. If you don't, pass it by and continue with your day.

i don't dislike the modding community, what i dislike is how you and your friends seem to think it's your job to spam your mod project everywhere (it doesn't help that i have heard some bad things about it, like some of the members' elitism, the weird tweaks, etc, yeah there people are talking crap about this project in other places if you aren't aware)

i wish good luck for your project, but i don't like what you're trying to do here right now, it would be very annoying if someone kept mentioning Kyno's Custom Sails in every discussion about DST boats, for example

9 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

in this thread, you and your friends spammed a link to the mod project's discord server three times without even contributing to the topic of the thread, stop playing dumb

i don't dislike the modding community, what i dislike is how you and your friends seem to think it's your job to spam your mod project everywhere (it doesn't help that i have heard some bad things about it, like some of the members' elitism, the weird tweaks, etc, yeah there people are talking crap about this project in other places if you aren't aware)

i wish good luck for your project, but i don't like what you're trying to do here right now, it would be very annoying if someone kept mentioning Kyno's Custom Sails in every discussion about DST boats, for example

As one of the heads of the mod project, I apologize for the spamming, and everyone that spams the discord link will be administered several spankings.

Fr, it's not the staff team's intention to be annoying with it, but there do seem to be a select few people who are a tad heavy-handed with their advertisements, and I'll personally make sure that this stops.

Sorry for the headache.

(edit: the mod itself is geared towards elitists and veterans who find the game too easy, so ofc some of our members are elitist.)

7 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

spammed

> clarifying why people mentioned a discord server for a mod in a topic mentioning some of the exact mechanics used in the mod because people looking for those mechanics might want to try actually playing them is spam

> mentioning the irony of Klei implementing something similar to what we were just talking about a couple days ago is spam

God, I was just trying to say that I liked the character update concept and was entertained by something in it.
None of this is necessary, and it's bordering on spam itself.

6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea561852

4 hours ago, JoeW said:

Wurt is part of the new "Starter Pack" that can now be purchased with a New Megapack Bundle. Current Megapack Bundle owners will be able to upgrade for $6.99. The starter pack includes Wurt, 4 Classic Characters Skins, a new spear skin, hound backpack and Green Pajamas and Bedroll.  

We also have some new skins that have been added to the Hallowed Nights collection and we will also be increasing the drop rarity for skins during Hallowed Nights.

I feel curious about this detail, but the Hound Backpack sounds pretty nice, I've been waiting this since a while.

4 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Green Pajamas and Bedroll. 

I somewhat glossed over this point getting excited over the odd little merm-fish-relationship lore tidbit, but...

Given what the other sleeping skin 'sets' have, I wonder if we'll be getting a new sleepy-time Emote to go with the new pajamas.

So after some time I managed to compile a list of all the crock pot foods she (supposedly) can eat in-game as a vegetarian:

- Asparagus Soup
- Banana Pop
- Dragonpie
- Fist Full of Jam
- Fruit Medley
- Mandrake Soup (supposedly)
- Butter Muffin (maybe)
- Powdercake
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Ratatouille
- Stuffed Eggplant 
- Taffy
- Waffles (maybe)
- Vegetable Stinger
- Jellybeans
- Creamy Potato Purée
- Fancy Spiraled Tubers
- Salsa Fresca
- Ice Cream
- Flower Salad
- Melonsicle
- Trail Mix

8 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Webber for SURE has to be getting the next refresh, this is very heavily reaching into Webber's style of gameplay but doing it much better.

Webber's originality seems more at stake than his viability whereas Wendy really needs a rework to become a viable pick again.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Webber's originality seems more at stake than his viability whereas Wendy really needs a rework to become a viable pick again.

While I am very biased towards Webber, his playstyle is just not fun after you pump a lot of hours into the character. Webber shines when he is chained to his dens, farming. 

I can agree that Wendy arguably needs the rework spot more than Webber, but he does need it, a lot.

33 minutes ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I hope she has real quotes and not just nonsensical gurgling. I’m still gonna play her either way but...

Plot twist:  She does in fact speak a normal (by the DS universe's standards, anyway) language, and not random Merm sounds.

...however, the translation will be written in Simlish.  : P

That's an awesome list, Owlrus.  Thanks for putting that together!  :)

The pet fish thing sounds adorable, and it's about _time_ console people can have a pet fish.  There's been a fishbowl mod (or three) on the workshop forever.

(...and I'm'a walk right on past everything else on this page.   For obvious reasons.)

...Notorious

Presumably Wurt can also eat Goodies, else she'd be barred from Jellybeans (and Volt Goat Jelly & Taffy).

These are all the Veggie Foodtypes in the game that Wurt can eat (based on if the diet is set to Foodtype Veggie, like Merms). It seems like a good challenge honestly:

Spoiler

Cooked versions of foods are implied where applicable. 

Non-Crockpot Foods, No Farm Based Foods:

• Petals, Evil Petals
  • Succulents & Foliage
  • Butterfly Wings
  • Light Bulbs
  • Kelp & Dried Kelp
  • Moon Moth Wings & Lune Blossoms
  • Glowberries & Lesser Glow Berries
  • Cave Banana & Cut Lichen
  • Berries and Juicy Berries
  • Red Caps, Green Caps, & Blue Caps
  • Cactus Flesh & Cactus Flower
  • Stone Fruit

Crockpot Meals That DON'T Require Farm Foods: 

• Butterfly Muffin
  • Ratatouille
  • Fist Full of Jam
  • Fruit Medley
  • Flower Salad (Summer Only)
  • Mandrake Soup 
  • Waffles 
  • Icecream (lol)
  • Trail Mix
  • Banana Pop

Farm Based Foods and Crockpot Meals: 

• Carrots, Corn, Pumpkin, Eggplant, Asparagus, Onion, Garlic, Tomato, Potato, & Pepper
  • Pomegranate, Dragonfruit, Watermelon, & Durian
  • Pumpkin Cookie
  • Stuffed Eggplant
  • Dragonpie
  • Powder Cake
  • Melonsicle
  • Fancy Spiralled Tubers
  • Creamy Potato Purée
  • Asparagus Soup
  • Vegetable Stinger
  • Salsa

Warly-Based Crockpot Meals: 

• - Grim Gallete
  • - Glowberry Mousse
  • - Hot Dragon Chili Salad
  • - Asparagazpacho
  • - Potato souffle
  • - Fresh Fruit Crepes

5 hours ago, KCDA said:

A Vegetarian or Vegan character was long overdue sure, but the perks need to heavily outweigh that downside. At this point, we have literally no clue if it balances out.

I'm in agreement with this and with what @Zeklo said (1 & 2). The selling point sounds to be to make and expand your Merm Civilization in your swamp, except all it really offers is a damage buff? Doesn't sound that appealing to me at this moment.

5 hours ago, KCDA said:
6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Strongly dislikes Pigs

The wording for that is troubling. Do Pigs attack her? If so, saying, "Wurt and Pigs mutually dislike eachother" or just "Pigs dislike her" would clear that up without any confusion.

I don't think this is the case. The reason being is that Pigs and Bunnymen are neutral to Merms. Instead, Merms are the ones that are aggresive towards them in this relationship, which is probably why it's worded as such.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, JoeW said:
  1. Wurt can spot where danger is hiding in the swamp
  2. Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards:
    • The Royal Tapestry requires materials from all over The Constant
    • The Merm King provides all Merms extra strength to fight
    • Wurt must feed the Merm King to prevent him from starving
  3. Wurt can craft Merm Houses and Merm Flort-ifications
  4. She moves faster while on the swamp and can craft tiles to expand her turf
  5. Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians
  6. Wurt can craft a Clever Disguise to get other survivors to blend in with her swamp friends
  7. Likes to keep Pet Fish in her inventory
  8. Strongly dislikes Pigs
  9. Being wet does not affect her strong grip

1. Sounds tailored for locating Tentacles, which you could do before this via hearing for it, looking at the ground for propulsions, or your sanity rapidly decreasing. For newer players I guess. 

2. What happens if Merm King dies? Nothing? Then just spawn another King I guess. It's going to depend on the details, but it just sounds like a stationary buff to merms, which doesn't seem to be anything super special imo since all they do is fight.

3. Totally a pick-and-dump perk where you amass them to farm them and don't really need Wurt again. More details needed on Merm Flort-ifications and the Merm King aspect.

4. Speed boost on swamp turf is nice. But swamp turf is ugly to work with, so expanding that to the whole world doesn't sound appealing since it would also only apply to Wurt and not other characters (for say a Cobble Stone road in worlds).

5. Solid & challenging downside and a Durian appreciation is interesting. Farm plots are not fun though, quite honestly.

6. Sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. The wild card in all this lol

8. Just doesn't like Pigmen (and presumably Bunnymen)? Pigs and bunnymen are neutral to merms, but merms are aggressive towards them.

9. Eh, meh. Freezing and an increased sanity drain from your wet inventory sounds like it would still be an issue, which is a good enough reason to dry off, making this useless unless stuff slipping outside of your hands is a real issue for you.

The devil is going to be in the details, so see you next week.

Edit:

4 hours ago, Chaosky said:

seasoned durians

Durians can't be seasoned. Only crockpot meals.

6 hours ago, Plushical said:

Why is she so cute tbh

Cause she's a babeh.

5 hours ago, E-17 Ghora said:

Am I the only one who wants to build a village with merm and pigs just to witness to random civil wars?

4LIc.gif5aa9e1d239b6f_ofmermsandpigmen.thumb.png.90a80c0708fa5e6ceb4df841202d5963.png

5 hours ago, The Noon Fish said:

ITS MEIM IN THE GAME GUYS

574cf30265718_imsosorrynoonfish.png.e9c3d922afd692cbad75e9e2e3682347.png574e3aac5615a_topshelffornoon.png.fcbf1566de647526145f0ab622e0a721.png5b9cb56261332_Skeledorkmermdesign.png.c1aea49a9b583fd64ccdc5e27f0e48a1.pngThe hype is real.

19 hours ago, JoeW said:

Strongly dislikes Pigs

So I'm reading this as they cannot befriend pigs and/or loses sanity when near them.  Maybe this means that they will not want to trade with the pig king.  I also didn't see them being able to befriend merms anywhere.  Maybe I'm blind but I feel like that might be a little underpowered, not being able to befriend them.  This would kind of make merm king somewhat useless as it would be buffing something you can't control.

I am more than kinda concerned of vegan characters for DST I mean most times you join right before winter (day 10-15)

so you wouldn't have much to prepare and most stuff would have been picked by then so really you will more than likely be forced to

A. take all cactus and eat that which would be annoying because the swap and desert could not be next to each other which also deprives others from that discount lichen and sanity

B. farm and eat mass amounts of sea weed so you would have to sail around nowhere near a swamp and lose sanity

C. find the luner island and eat stone fruit and ignore your own downside

D. go to the caves and eat lichen witch you may not even be prepared to find and they spoil so fast they can't be stored locking you down there

Archived