Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

Merm King, Merm houses, and Merm fortifications!?!!? This is way more work for me than I expected. I had no idea I'd be completely revamping my swamp biome. Thank you for this Klei. 

Edit: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS OPEN SERVER RUNNERS!?!?! Troll defense for those precious reeds. I'm gonna save so much time on rollbacks. 

Oh, she (does not really look like a goat from Axelocke's concept art... I was really hoping for a goat-looking character even if we have Wortox who looks kind of similar to a goat) looks cute! Can't wait to try her perks out. Being able to build something similar to villages in Hamlet seems interesting!

She looks very interested indeed ! Also love the look. :wilson_love:

These swamp boosting functions might be super fun, I wonder if it can be useful for all other survivors with the disguise, or if Wurt will be mostly a hermit. Can’t wait to find out, good job !

57 minutes ago, markorguyfieri said:

all i can really say is hhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thonk you for your time. Edit i just now saw she is vegetarian. yall don't know how long i've been hoping for a vegetarian

Why exactly??? There is PLENTY of Carrots, Birchnuts, Tomatoroots, Berries and Juicy Berries all over EVERYWHERE.. I do not in any way shape or form see “Vegetarian” as I HARD way to survive in DS.. in fact the above items I just listed is pretty much what I live off of as every other character in the game, with the exception of Wigfrid- who actually has to murder her food before she will eat it.

2 hours ago, xFleury said:

So... either you farm Bunnymen for carrots, or bring back a bunch of Stone Fruit seeds from the Lunar Island... otherwise every Wurt on the server dies once Winter hits?

The swamp is gonna be a cemetery of dead Wurts on the 24th...rofl

There are a lot of mushrooms in caves -> Ratatouille or just eat raw blue mushrooms. You can also stock food before winter or eat cooked cactus flesh. Since the Warly update I mostly eat vegetable dishes during winter (Fancy Spiralled Tubers and Vegetable Stingers).

5 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Edit: Is this suggesting girl merms have horns (assuming the regular merms are dudes) cuz that's awesome 

I'm curious if "young" merm implies recently turned (from goat), hence the horns. 

Or if merms are actually capable of reproduction.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why exactly??? There is PLENTY of Carrots, Birchnuts, Tomatoroots, Berries and Juicy Berries all over EVERYWHERE.. I do not in any way shape or form see “Vegetarian” as I HARD way to survive in DS.. in fact the above items I just listed is pretty much what I live off of as every other character in the game, with the exception of Wigfrid- who actually has to murder her food before she will eat it.

A vegetarian character seems kind of clunky on paper unless there's a better idea or perk that can help with it. Because fruits and veggie food dont really give alot of hunger for stuff, they just come in larger quantities (especially ratatouille and ect)even more to the fact in winter almost most of your natural food sources of will dissapear.(unless your in the caves. But I like the sort of turd building thing since it kind of feels like the hamlet console players will get to make it up! :) too bad though my ps4 account is on a different gmail and I don't have the password, so I can't pay for the chest ;-;

16 minutes ago, KCDA said:

This is troubling based on how it's worded, and how few details are given. Does the Merm King exist BEFORE a Wurt joins a world or does it only exist after a Wurt makes a home for it? Either way, you're landlocking a character to orbit around a central point, unable to truly leave it without abandoning i

There is 3 points that might avoid the land locking. 1) They never said the king couldn't move. The immediate was the pig king but maybe it will be truly opposite of him and be a very skinny and frail that helps the merms the best he can instead of the lazy, terminally obese pig king. 2) They never said that the tapestry was difficult to make. It will most likely be made of papyrus, gems, and moon glass. They also never said it couldn't be remade, there couoldn't be multiple in one world, or that there was a problem with letting him starve besides the merms losing strength. 3) The starving rate might not be bad. Maybe it will be like the volcano in SW where you give him food every 5 days or something. The vaugeness is worrying and ths the problem, but it might not be as bad as it sounds.

19 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

But yeah, come Winter all Wurts will be ice-crunchers or something.

Or cactus. That grows in winter, and all you have to do is transplant the swamp turf over for the speed boost.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Or if merms are actually capable of reproduction.

I've wanted an answer to this for the longest time.
Can Merms reproduce?
Do baby goats turn into Baby merms? If so, would Mumsy as an example turn into an adult Merm, like say, Wilson? 
Are we excluding Wendy and Webber due to game limitations or do we count it as kids turning into adults? 
I want answers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Merm king note, not related, I was thinking back to the Elder Pig from the Gorge...
The lad that's slowly turning, now, I highly doubt it, but would it be worth thinking they're the same?

She sound's quite interesting!! I can't wait to try her out.

About the vegetarian Concern: 2 pumpkins provide as much food as bacon and eggs or a honey ham. Also don't forget that Dragonpie is a thing (although for non Wormwoods it is quite grindy to mass farm anything, I know). And she seems to get some bonus thing with Durians, we'll see what that's about.

So perhaps the way to go is to rush farming or rush  water exploration and finding the island for the bushes, if you are playing solo. Bear in mind that in the caves, farms don't wither, so you can keep the crops there fresh for as much as you need. 

I suppose late joining a server or just outright starting in winter is going to be particularly hard for her if you don't get any help, I'd try to rush getting to the desert for the catus I guess, and If you can't find it or there aren't enough Cactii you are pretty much in a big pickle. In team worlds, Woodie and Wormwood sound like they'd be of immense help to her early on.

I also want to point out that Joe said that SHE hates pigs, so even if the pigs attack her, I think she may get some sort of bonus by killing them. Sanity maybe?

To be honest, going off what I'm reading here Wurt doesn't appear particularly interesting to me outside of the whole vegetarian thing, but thats only because I like the idea of the challenge. My main complaint though that I can better comment on now is that the very idea of the character (from what we currently know of her) feels... uninspired. A merm character is something I remember being suggested numerous times in the past, but for me I never really thought a character like that would ever be right for the game or really that interesting to play. Wurt's perks are pretty much the kind of stuff people thought a merm character would have and its yet another "monster" character, which I think is why I feel this way for the most part.

Then again, I remember thinking similarly when Wilba was revealed, so I will give Wurt the benefit of the doubt and give her a chance, as despite seemingly just being a "merm kid" at the moment, she could make up for this rather unoriginal concept through her personality and probably rather just niche uses for her perks.

Anyway don't know how to end this so I'm just gonna drop this here. That's it I guess.

Archived