Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

12 minutes ago, Canis said:

Oh, wow. 

With all of the previous refreshes and new characters, I always had doubts. "This doesn't sound that viable." "This sounds way too op." "That doesn't sound fun." etc etc.

But this. This is the first character that I am 100% happy with, and hyped for.

HOWEVER, I'm still not going to hold my breath, as he have yet to have a hands-on experience.

I'm in the opposite boat here.

Take away the craftables (Celestial Portal says hi), and you have what? Extra speed on swamp tiles, no dropping tools when wet, and something to do with pet fish. I'm a bit concerned. 

Very nice character. A merms army ? How big ? Sounds epic.

If I understand, you'll give more work on the winter's feist than for the hallowed nights one ? Does that mean something in particular ?

I looked some hallowed nights guide because as I never played one, I wouldnt want to miss something important, like planting normal trees. But I would really like to know what kind of stuff we could find, as for the winter's feist.

What are their differences ? 

But what's with the horns? Is this just a status thing (like how big horns are often associated with royalty, like a crown) or is this a different species of merm? Because the horns in particular was the reason people thought she was part goat.

Also I'm pretty happy it's a female. I know it shouldn't matter but it kinda does.

1 minute ago, Terra_Zina said:

But what's with the horns? Is this just a status thing (like how big horns are often associated with royalty, like a crown) or is this a different species of merm? Because the horns in particular was the reason people thought she was part goat.

Also I'm pretty happy it's a female. I know it shouldn't matter but it kinda does.

I assume she may be a Gorge goat that came over, or is one of the more lucid merms that remember their prior goat life? Since Wortox's lines imply the goat part pretty hard. Or maybe he can just sense it due to soul stuff.

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Take away the craftables (Celestial Portal says hi), and you have what? Extra speed on swamp tiles, no dropping tools when wet, and something to do with pet fish. I'm a bit concerned. 

You really couldn't utilize Wurt's craftables without wearing the disguise 24/7 though. Unless you're willing to sacrifice a head/body slot, you'd be a lot better off just playing as Wurt herself. Celestial portal ain't got nothing on this.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards:

• The Royal Tapestry requires materials from all over The Constant
  • The Merm King provides all Merms extra strength to fight

Merm Severant, Merm Servant. 
She's a little princess of sorts, it seems!

I know for a fact I'm going to bloody love expanding my fishy reign over the Constant!

23 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards:
    • Wurt must feed the Merm King to prevent him from starving

This is troubling based on how it's worded, and how few details are given. Does the Merm King exist BEFORE a Wurt joins a world or does it only exist after a Wurt makes a home for it? Either way, you're landlocking a character to orbit around a central point, unable to truly leave it without abandoning it.

5daa333f90227_Wurtinanutshell..thumb.png.8986262ceab20e33f41ea00037ab71e9.png

In this example, Wurt is the sheep, and the post is the Merm King. This probably won't be a fun playstyle.

39 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians

And the playerbase for the character (after week one) just died. No meat allowed? Well, there goes half of all food items. (According to the wiki and my poor counting skills, there are 104 items with meat in them/animal byproducts like milk. There are 247? Food items total.) And that's about 90% of the good food items. "Meat only" works for Wigfrid because Meat in general is the best food category in the series, and she still eats her veggies if it comes as a bonus with the meat.

A Vegetarian or Vegan character was long overdue sure, but the perks need to heavily outweigh that downside. At this point, we have literally no clue if it balances out.

51 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Strongly dislikes Pigs

The wording for that is troubling. Do Pigs attack her? If so, saying, "Wurt and Pigs mutually dislike eachother" or just "Pigs dislike her" would clear that up without any confusion.

Does she just lose Sanity when near Pigs, and they aren't hostile? Simply say, "Wurt personally dislikes Pigs."

56 minutes ago, JoeW said:

wurt-wallpaper-coming-soon.png

This new character looks pretty fine. The fact she is indeed a female is kind of refreshing. I'm excited to see merms being actually relevant. I just hope Wurt isn't considered a monster by bunnymen or other mobs, I want her to just be hated by pigs (mutual feeling).

Wurt's motto: Make Merms Great Again!

At most, I was hoping that Wurt would be able to craft murm huts. But a freakin merm KING sounds awesome, I love more content like that.

29 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Why are you excluding the craftables in your critique? The craftables don't sound like much help if your not Wurt all the time. It doesn't sound like a pick-up-and-put-down character like Winona.

So... either you farm Bunnymen for carrots, or bring back a bunch of Stone Fruit seeds from the Lunar Island... otherwise every Wurt on the server dies once Winter hits?

The swamp is gonna be a cemetery of dead Wurts on the 24th...rofl

8 minutes ago, KCDA said:

A Vegetarian or Vegan character was long overdue sure, but the perks need to heavily outweigh that downside. At this point, we have literally no clue if it balances out.

Bunnymen farms spew out carrots, and with Wormwood's farming there are vegetables all over.

Butterflies in the early game are, in the code, a vegetable as far as I recall.

But yeah, come Winter all Wurts will be ice-crunchers or something.

28 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Maybe just female merms have horns.

2 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Why are you excluding the craftables in your critique? The craftables don't sound like much help if your not Wurt all the time. It doesn't sound like a pick-up-and-put-down character like Winona.

Well merm houses are long-sought after structures for mob farms. That's already pick and switch material. Merm King buffs merm damage—so I guess utilizing merms will be a thing... but like... we have pigs already, or spiders for Webber—and Webber doesn't have a vegetarian downside.

I dunno, it might just be me. It'll probably be fine but... that's my initial concern upon reading this.

Archived