Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

Everyone's going to be focused on Wurt herself, but I do want to point this out:

11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The next Return of Them beta update "Hook, Line and Inker"

I feel like "inker" in this context must refer to some kind of squid or octopus... and as unlikely as it sounds, I'd love if it was something related to the quacken!

Oh, wow. 

With all of the previous refreshes and new characters, I always had doubts. "This doesn't sound that viable." "This sounds way too op." "That doesn't sound fun." etc etc.

But this. This is the first character that I am 100% happy with, and hyped for.

HOWEVER, I'm still not going to hold my breath, as he have yet to have a hands-on experience.

18 minutes ago, JoeW said:

• Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards:
    • The Royal Tapestry requires materials from all over The Constant
    • The Merm King provides all Merms extra strength to fight
    • Wurt must feed the Merm King to prevent him from starving
  • Wurt can craft Merm Houses and Merm Flort-ifications
  • Wurt can craft a Clever Disguise to get other survivors to blend in with her swamp friends

Oh, Klei! You spoil me! I never knew i wanted this, but i sure do now that it has entered my brainmeats!

Wurt can spot where danger is hiding in the swamp 

Cool, I am guessing it will be similar to the glasses Wagstaff have.(Or am I remembering things wrong?)

• Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards:
    • The Royal Tapestry requires materials from all over The Constant
    • The Merm King provides all Merms extra strength to fight
    • Wurt must feed the Merm King to prevent him from starving

Cool. I wonder if guards are normal Merms or different merms. I am guessing different merms.

• Wurt can craft Merm Houses and Merm Flort-ifications

Great! :D

• She moves faster while on the swamp and can craft tiles to expand her turf

That's a nice perk.

• Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians

Many of us suspected that she would be vegetarian.

• Wurt can craft a Clever Disguise to get other survivors to blend in with her swamp friends

Cool, will probably craft this and use it when I switch character.

• Likes to keep Pet Fish in her inventory

Guessing it will act like a bird in the inventory. Starve if you don't feed it.

• Strongly dislikes Pigs

No suprise there.

• Being wet does not affect her strong grip

Didn't think about that, good perk.

Wurt will be unlocked in the following ways:

• Wurt will be available for purchase for $6.99, in the Wurt Chest. Wurt’s Guest of Honor skin set is included in this chest for free.
  • The Wurt Deluxe Chest is $9.99 and includes the Guest of Honor, Triumphant and Abyssal skin sets.
  • You can weave Wurt for 2700 spool.

Good thing I have my wallet ready :)

We also have some new skins that have been added to the Hallowed Nights collection and we will also be increasing the drop rarity for skins during Hallowed Nights.

I hope I can buy them directly from store.

Finally, we will be adding a Loyal login bonus item for all players during the event as well as new Twitch drops! We expect this release to hit on the 24th for both PC and console.

Cool :D

The next Return of Them beta update "Hook, Line and Inker" should release early November. 

I am guessing we will get a fish net and be able to use fishing rod on those fish locations(not tried using fishing rod, idk name of those fish things)

Guessing there will also be 2-3 new mobs.

29 minutes ago, JoeW said:

• Likes to keep Pet Fish in her inventory

What if she is able to hold live fish in her inventory. You know how when you catch a fish it flops around for awhile and then dies? What if she is able to pick it up when it is flopping around and keep it alive if it is in her inventory. I don't know a use for this besides prolonging the freshness, or maybe its a sanity thing, or possibly just used in her crafting. This trait in particular is making me wonder

Archived