Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

1 hour ago, Jynn said:

is it weird i'm excited for a pet fish? in hopes it actually is a pet fish that we just carry around with us?

Maybe we can throw the tiny dying fish to the ground, and when we are in danger it will turn into FISHIE! a giant muscular fish that will start kicking ... oh wait...

On 10/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand this, I’m Assuming it’s an Insult, however if it is.. it’s a failed one- because whenever I think of a Boomer I instantly think of Gears of War and that big Locust creature walking around yelling “Boom” (usually right before you die afterwards but I mean yeah)

It’s an insult based on age, but since you are almost certainly not a Boomer (especially if you don’t  even know what a Boomer is), it makes no sense. Gotta cut some slack, though, since it may be the only insult the poster knows. Bear in mind that not everybody can be good with words! We’re all of us just doing the best we can, some of us with very limited resources.

Playing the seasonal events without spoilers is so much more fun. The first time Klei did it, I was playing with a friend on a public server, and we were thinking, “Cool, new trinkets.” When we decided to give some to the PK so we could build an alchemy engine and the surprise was definitely one of my DST highlights

4 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I meant that they always release updates a bit before they stream, Klei doesn’t do it when it’s midnight for them.

You'd be surprised, but the devs wake up at 23:45 just so they can push the update right before midnight.

7 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I meant that they always release updates a bit before they stream, Klei doesn’t do it when it’s midnight for them.

14 minutes ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Timezones.

For me the streams start exactly at midnight

9 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

Any ideas how long the hallowed night will be during ? I don't remember fot the next years events... (I accidentally had an issue with this  +ù$=#%!!!! steam guard and i can't trade anymore during 15 day :(  :(  :( )

Last year and the previous one hallowed nights lasted about 5 weeks. So very likely this year it will also be at least a month.

Speaking of Merms and wurt having horns...I've never really payed much attention until about last week but I think frogs have horns as well!Frog_Attack.png.65c1aaac6ec48a8b40ae0740d90708da.png

meaning theres probably alot of similarity between merms and frogs probably guessing some people got mermified into frogs instead, even answering to why they drop fishlegs. Though The dont starve wiki states "Don't Starve Frogs resemble real-life South American horned frogs in both appearance and aggression. South American horned frogs are capable of lifting items greater than their own body weight with their tongues; they also have teeth-like bony protrusions for biting large animals such as humans."file-20170920-16985-1xrc6gp.jpg.1274c61da20e87bb29be61e460820301.jpg

so it could probably just be pure coincidence...( but probably not, FOR LORE!!!)

10 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Speaking of Merms and wurt having horns...I've never really payed much attention until about last week but I think frogs have horns as well!Frog_Attack.png.65c1aaac6ec48a8b40ae0740d90708da.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always interpreted that as the frogs having Venus fly-traps merged with their heads, making them mash-up monsters like the jackalope "rabbits" and moleworms.

21 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always interpreted that as the frogs having Venus fly-traps merged with their heads, making them mash-up monsters like the jackalope "rabbits" and moleworms.

they don’t have anything resembling a plant, fly trap or otherwise, except green skin. Fly traps don’t have thorns, the trap part is much closer to thick hairs

1 hour ago, Superwolfkid said:

Huh. I always thought they were Bullfrogs cus' of the horns, lol. Since ya know, other creatures are a mix of two animals or something in this game.

I still anticipate a lot of Wurts starving to death in winter the first week

Might actually switch to Webber to less dilute available veggies early on

Then again, hallowed nights gives the rare opportunity for the normal tree potion, and living logs are my favorite farm in the game (it's crushing that Wormwood is the best at making them, has a skin that resembles them, yet gets so little out of them)

Archived