Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

29 minutes ago, Casul said:

Wasnt that a bug and meant for lunar island?

I think what happened is most people thought the new song didn't fit the lax autumn daytime theme, so a developer probably agreed and removed the song. Several people wanted the song reimplemented. Then someone said it'd make good Lunar island work music, and a developer said that it sounded like a good idea. That's all I've seen so far. 

I think it'd make good daytime sailing music, although, if Klei wanted to make sailing music specifically, they could probably make a better song suited to sailing. I really dunno where the song would fit best, it sounds like something from Hamlet.

PIRATE THEME WHILE SAILING!i demand it.. I have every right to demand it because SMITE which isn’t even a Pirate game and doesn’t have pirate boats has cool pirate skins and pirate music.. but Don’t Starve, a game with an actual Sea and Ship sailing does not.... I am disappointed.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

...because SMITE which isn’t even a Pirate game and doesn’t have pirate boats has cool pirate skins and pirate music.. but Don’t Starve, a game with an actual Sea and Ship sailing does not.... I am disappointed.

Excuse my lack of observation skills but I fail to see the pirate elements in Don't Starve Together. Seafaring ≠ Pirates. There is a pirate birdcage skin in reference to Shipwrecked but that's it, we're yet to see Walani or Woodlegs or any of the pirate stuff in Shipwrecked appear in DST.

Must not have any cool pirate-like skins unlocked then.. this game just screams pirate update.

you can’t do the open oceans in the 1800’s without pirates and Vikings.. you just... you can’t.

well.. you can but it’d Be a very boring adventure likely full of a boat of small bearded fisherman who sit around fishing all day and swear they have seen Lockness wait.. you can’t even do that!

i miss the Shipwrecked version of the insanity lockness.. that was so cool!

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Must not have any cool pirate-like skins unlocked then.. this game just screams pirate update.

you can’t do the open oceans in the 1800’s without pirates and Vikings.. you just... you can’t.

well.. you can but it’d Be a very boring adventure likely full of a boat of small bearded fisherman who sit around fishing all day and swear they have seen Lockness wait.. you can’t even do that!

This just reminded me I still want to rock a rad Viking Ship as Wigfrid (ever since Shipwrecked).

Custom sail & boat skin. Need a new decorative structure like a figurehead-viking theme would be the signature dragon ones.

Com'n Klei. Pirates and Vikings here we come.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

PIRATE THEME WHILE SAILING!i demand it.. I have every right to demand it because SMITE which isn’t even a Pirate game and doesn’t have pirate boats has cool pirate skins and pirate music.. but Don’t Starve, a game with an actual Sea and Ship sailing does not.... I am disappointed.

The only thing you demand is our attention, Dont Starve has 0 pirate aspect outside of 1 skin. Dont force them to reuse content. Also go to another thread if you gonna keep going off topic

7 hours ago, Bird Up said:

I think what happened is most people thought the new song didn't fit the lax autumn daytime theme, so a developer probably agreed and removed the song. Several people wanted the song reimplemented. Then someone said it'd make good Lunar island work music, and a developer said that it sounded like a good idea. That's all I've seen so far. 

I think it'd make good daytime sailing music, although, if Klei wanted to make sailing music specifically, they could probably make a better song suited to sailing. I really dunno where the song would fit best, it sounds like something from Hamlet.

I heavily doubt it because lunar wouldn't play it but everywhere else would. Plus in my experience going from either lunar or caves back to mainland fixed it

I messed up the quote so I'll just put @Bird Up to replace it, sorry 

Honestly I thought the rot music was perfect for the theme rot was giving, it feels like the survivors working fast to prepare in time for them to return. Like a working montage, it feels even more better for the fact that the music went in sync with chopping down a large tree. (Count it and see) it really would not feel right on the lunar island /ocean as the lunar island gives off an eerie and mysterious. While the it would sound better if the ocean had more adventurous music. Similar to the trailers.

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klezmer tends to be perfect for sailing with accordions and what not.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

ok boomer

I think I know what the Pet Fish are for.

It can be a bit slow to get fish in DST unless everyone is fishing. Wurt being able to keep Pet Fish might mean that they become normal Fish that can then be used in the process of building more Merm Houses, seeing as how that's one of her perks.

As of this post, we'll only have to wait three days and then she'll be released.

1 hour ago, Ardcrumb said:

ok boomer

I don’t understand this, I’m Assuming it’s an Insult, however if it is.. it’s a failed one- because whenever I think of a Boomer I instantly think of Gears of War and that big Locust creature walking around yelling “Boom” (usually right before you die afterwards but I mean yeah) 

Those dudes were cool probably.. if not THE most annoying enemy type to deal with in the Gears Franchise, which made them Awesome!

Then there’s Also Left 4 Dead’s.. he was Equal parts Terrifyingly Awesome.

It just seems rather silly that Don’t Starve Shipwrecked had TONS of Pirate Content, from craftable outfits and weapons, to messages in a bottle that lead to buried treasures, and an actual freaking unlockable extremely OP Pirate character, but DST doesn’t have any of the Pirate-like Content.

You simply can’t compare DST’s sailing with Shipwreckeds, Shipwreck had a more Lifelike ocean full of all sorts of Ocean creatures that hated you and wanted you dead, from Swordfish with actual swords on the tip of their noses to Jellyfish that shocked you (usually in groups) if you got close to them/attacked them.

But I should Also heavily stress the fact that there is a REASON they are calling the Return of Them update a BETA, I’m sure there’s lots more to come in the near future. :)  

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Jellyfish that shocked you (usually in groups) if you got close to them/attack them.

They only shock you if you attack them.

Just a small correction,they don't really care if a weirdo is staring them or something.

And yeah,the ocean is pretty empty in DST,for now,i guess.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand this, I’m Assuming it’s an Insult, however if it is.. it’s a failed one- because whenever I think of a Boomer I instantly think of Gears of War and that big Locust creature walking around yelling “Boom” (usually right before you die afterwards but I mean yeah) 

Those dudes were cool probably.. if not THE most annoying enemy type to deal with in the Gears Franchise, which made them Awesome!

Then there’s Also Left 4 Dead’s.. he was Equal parts Terrifyingly Awesome.

It just seems rather silly that Don’t Starve Shipwrecked had TONS of Pirate Content, from craftable outfits and weapons, to messages in a bottle that lead to buried treasures, and an actual freaking unlockable extremely OP Pirate character, but DST doesn’t have any of the Pirate-like Content.

You simply can’t compare DST’s sailing with Shipwreckeds, Shipwreck had a more Lifelike ocean full of all sorts of Ocean creatures that hated you and wanted you dead, from Swordfish with actual swords on the tip of their noses to Jellyfish that shocked you (usually in groups) if you got close to them/attacked them.

But I should Also heavily stress the fact that there is a REASON they are calling the Return of Them update a BETA, I’m sure there’s lots more to come in the near future. :)  

Ok boomer

Last pages of this thread put the proverbial meat on the "weird internet" bones - seem to go all over the place, hammering down from all sides a random name, gender-bender wishful thinking to whatever that "boomer" lad would imply; and now what i can only assume is some insult (?) in Bulgarian (?!). Jeezas...

The "hype train" gets people really riled up; then Wurt's update hits live servers so we can gauge the actual abilities and their hard numbers, and probably prepare for even more complains from all sides of the aisle. Chill peeps and... just enjoy the ride without losing your heads :lol:

Archived