What's something you do to "cheat the system" as your main?

if you can't cross a gap as Wortox underground and have excess wood sometimes making a campfire and piling on wood to increase light radius as needed is a good way to zip across that gap

longterm you might wanna plant fireflies on a spot across the gap so it'll always be illuminated for you to soulhop

If you see a pig as Webber, kill him! He wants you dead!

One trick that I use alot (besides the spider war thing) is to take adventage of the silk floor from the spider nest; you can walk normally there, and enemies will be slowed down, giving you time to heal or kite more effectively.

You can force spiders come out in daytime with Chester, Glummer or using the spider queen hat.

Fun trick to use in end game :

When you have electric darts and you auto attack across a gap as wortox you have a small window to teleport where the dart landed because it emits a small bit of light when it hits something. Very hard to do and mostly useless if you have moggles but really fun.

For Warly

Make Powder cakes and season them with Honey,Garlic,and Spice. Way more efficient to just have a stack of those prepared for whenever you want them on hand. Instead of making seasoned food and it spoiling before you use it up.

21 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Putting three honey in a crockpot gives you taffy, so technically 4 non-meat items can give a consumeable non-meat item for Wigfrid.

Another cheat you can do is putting 2 durians with filler in a crockpot. No meat items go in yet a not-so-delicious monster lasagna comes out ready for Wigfrid to eat.

10 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Another cheat you can do is putting 2 durians with filler in a crockpot. No meat items go in yet a not-so-delicious monster lasagna comes out ready for Wigfrid to eat.

21 hours ago, Starlogy said:

Putting two durians in a crockpot gives you monster lasagna, so technically 4 non-meat items can give a meat item for Wigfrid.

owo

14 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

owo

oops

Something I wanna mention that others haven't mentioned (I checked every reply this time, I think) is that carrying Healing Salves with you as Woodie lets you heal idol damage as soon as you transform back, which is much better than waiting till you can make health food or sleep in a tent or siesta lean-to. The Weremoose is very good at killing spiders, so I often have stacks of glands that I can convert to healing salves for this.

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

Carrying Healing Salves with you as Woodie lets you heal idol damage as soon as you transform back, which is much better than waiting till you can make health food or sleep in a tent or siesta lean-to. the Weremoose is very good at killing spiders, so I often have stacks of glands that I can convert to healing salves for this.

Woodie synergizes well with rock fruits for this:

- Become goose, find the island super early on, bring at least 20 stone fruit plants.

- Plant stone fruits, then farm spiders as moose as much as you like (monster meat for transformations, silk for building stuff, glands for salves)

- Collect all the stone fruits as they grow, and open them as the beaver when you have a good bunch of them.

This gives you a ton of veggies for meatballs and peroggi (one monster meat, an egg which can also come from monster meat, or a captured bird from the surplus of silk, and 2 avocados) stones for the salves, and the surplus of veggies can be left to rot to keep fertilizing the bushes. For the ashes, just burn stumps, wood, or cones which woodie also mass produces.

You will always have on you idols, stacks of healing salves, meatballs for hunger, a ton of perogi for immediate recovery after transformations or boss fights, and treeguards helping you to kill stuff.

Full cycle with just spiders, trees and lunar bushes.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:48 AM, Clownyshush said:

i can't believe maxwell can dance with his imaginary friends lmao

They do the default /dance, but there's actually a mod to make them mimic whatever dances you use.
My favorite is the group tap dance.
Mained Max for a while and I consider that mod essential to survival.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, EsaiXD said:

I personally don't like this one cause anyone who does  this never cleans up the stingers 

Legit though, I've run experiments and a few sessions of this can lag a server if you're determined. Initially noticed because the most common situation that I do this in is feeding public servers; you can get like a stack and a half a day of honey with good hive placements and constant rotation. Stingers are a much more common drop, so you can get an idea of how ridiculous it gets.

There are a few ways to fix the problem, but the couple topics/reports I made on it didn't seem to spawn interest.

On that note though, Wortox and Wendy also have great synergy. Follow along on one of Wendy's hunting trips, and you can grab a full stack of souls  v e r y  quickly.

Back when I mained Woodie (read: back when Woodie wasn't reworked) I used to commonly "unload" my shadow creatures as a Werebeaver. You unload them by luring your two shadow creatures (preferably 2 crawling horrors) into a corner of the map that nobody has a reason to visit, and then just ditch them there. As long as no player goes near them, they will stay unloaded, and no more shadows can spawn and attack you as Werebeaver, unless you're near an insane player.

I did this all the time just to screw around in pubs.

27 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

if you get all the spiders out of a nest as webber, you can just kill the nest. spiders only care about you hitting their nest if they are inside it.

... and then the spiders will be outside all the time, ripe for friending.

if playing woodie, you can use werebeaver to nibble at the nightstand to get several endtable blueprints

if playing webber/wortox, you can still force werepig transformations by feeding them monster meat, bait their first attack (since they are aggro to you), then give them monster meat, then dodge their next attack and repeat until they transform

if playing wigfrid, you can kill spiders, cook their monster meat drops and then eat it, this will cost you 3 health and 10 sanity which is easily replenished by fighting more spiders and can fill hunger, sanity and health

A Maxwell on your boat will reduce the chance to sink: His Shadow Miners are capable to walk on water and to mine any Sea Stack on your way.

If combined with a Ghost Character, he'll become able to gather salt with no effort: The Miners will mine all the Salt Formations and the Ghost (if skilled enough) haunt all the mined salt towards Maxwell. If you manage to kill Cookie Cutters with 2 strikes (Which is achieved with a Tentacle Spike, a fresh Ham Bat or a Dark Sword), then they won't be able to fight back while cutting your cookie.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

A Maxwell on your boat will reduce the chance to sink: His Shadow Miners are capable to walk on water and to mine any Sea Stack on your way.

If combined with a Ghost Character, he'll become able to gather salt with no effort: The Miners will mine all the Salt Formations and the Ghost (if skilled enough) haunt all the mined salt towards Maxwell. If you manage to kill Cookie Cutters with 2 strikes (Which is achieved with a Tentacle Spike, a fresh Ham Bat or a Dark Sword), then they won't be able to fight back while cutting your cookie.

Can the duelists kill the cookie cutters in the water?

Just now, Mooagain said:

Can the duelists kill the cookie cutters in the water?

Only if ordered, and Cookie Cutterx will retrieve if attacked, so Duelists won't be able to kill them. Also only one Cookie Cutter can be attacked at once by two Shadow Duelists.

So I don't recommend.

May be kinda boring and well-known, but abusing spider aggro as Webber. Wait till dusk/night. Befriend one, attack another one, and back off before the animation can complete and actually hurt it, watch as your spiders attack it and start a chain reaction of other spiders joining in the fight and attacking other spiders. Full spider war in 30 seconds.

Start in more spider dense areas and on spider nests for better results. Hold space to catch all the loot as it falls, don't want them eating the meat now do you? It can be pretty tricky to get past the crowd of spiders so manually move when necessary.

A good spider war should net you an average of 20 monster meats for the price of 1 (and your time). Multiple can be done in 1 day depending on how long spiders are out in a day.

A full stack of 20 monster meat is 5 days worth of hunger for Webber without any downside. Not to mention all the silk and glands you'll get which are very useful in their own ways.

Combine it with a bird cage or any other food source. Fruit/veggies/ice let you make tons of meatballs with an easy meat source. A birdcage lets you make eggs out of cooked m. meat, allowing for meatballs to be made solely with 4 m. meat each. Not to mention that m. meat can be used once in any recipe and count as a full meat with is a super good way to use it.

Basically feed yourself and all your friends because spiders are stupid.

not dst, but to me as my main, Wilba, one of the most attractive basing spots is a tallbird-populated area, whether it be a fort of just a few of them. Wilba of course has a monstrous appetite when she's werewilba, so whenever I find myself in the predicament where I've used up all of the food I gathered and don't have anything more to do with the transformation (which is a scenario i very often find myself in), I just head over to the tallbirds and without fail the many "packages" of 2 meat + 1 egg waiting for me are able to hold me over till I can get back to Wilba.

Wilba mains Rise up.

43 minutes ago, lbphero said:

not dst, but to me as my main, Wilba, one of the most attractive basing spots is a tallbird-populated area, whether it be a fort of just a few of them. Wilba of course has a monstrous appetite when she's werewilba, so whenever I find myself in the predicament where I've used up all of the food I gathered and don't have anything more to do with the transformation (which is a scenario i very often find myself in), I just head over to the tallbirds and without fail the many "packages" of 2 meat + 1 egg waiting for me are able to hold me over till I can get back to Wilba.

Wilba mains Rise up.

Just to add to this if my past memory of playing Wilba is correct, Wilba heals to max health upon transforming into Were-Wilba, so you can use that to survive a normally unsurvivable situation should you have a couple of monster foods on hand. Saved my run more then twice thanks to this trick.

EDIT: Oh, and if your in Hamlet without food and need to survive until the werepig timer runs out, don't be afraid to head on over to your nearest pig city and start eating all your subjects. That too, has saved me multiple times in my runs.

Archived