Could we see some mods make it in the game?

7 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

The gameplay and game runs fine without any "geometric placement". If your mind is constrained to think in terms of grids you are free to use said mod. Most quality of life mods are making the game easier (read: more boring).

Ah yes, I love when crops look like sManure.png.114a24399cfb16f9235ac04f259d2894.pngt because there's no grid for placing things down.

Geometric Placement and the Gesture Wheel deserve official places in the game. Having a cookbook as well similar to how the Gorge had it would be lovely as well.

Somehow my bases still look decent. without clicking aids. ;) Arguably, at least. :D Perfectly arranged carrots don't really scream 'wilderness survival'. The chat wheel is the only mod I would even remotely consider adding to the base game. Actually, that mod would be a welcome addition.

I think the beat way to implment moda into the game wouls be to add them in with other updates or in a specific mod update where they take the best mods of the workshop and use them in the game, and giving credit to the creators in the "Credits" in a specific mod creator list or just the Special thanks part with the mod theu created in (parentheses) next to their name.

Wanted mods:

Geo Placment

Gesture Wheel

Maxwells followers dance the dance he does

Wormwood flowers during full bloom change with the skin

Dusk + Night Music

Wilson's beard color/style fits the skin he uses

On 10/15/2019 at 4:10 AM, Warbucks said:

"Could we see some mods make it in the game?

NO.

We don't need any more unholy things like Bethesda creation club, thank you.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:18 AM, Warbucks said:

Klei taking free mods other people worked hard on and adding it as paid DLC would be disgusting.

nobody suggested this

they wanted features of mods like client mods like geometric placement in the vanilla game, and you somehow ended up complaining about something completely different that happened over two years ago

you imagined a scenario that you didn't like and started pretending that it was actually happening, please tell me the point of this?

sorry if this might be off-topic but i want to know why you thought this was necessary

Repair combine make sense that it should be implemented.

but i agree with some people here that klei can’t just take someone idea and hardwork and implement it, they may ask them if they want to implement his mod in the game while giving him credit in return.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:52 AM, Jessie223 said:

nobody suggested this

they wanted features of mods like client mods like geometric placement in the vanilla game, and you somehow ended up complaining about something completely different that happened over two years ago

This.

Even for those not interested in the game, A Hat In Time's modding setup is worth a look for inspiration.
No payments involved, people would just submit mods for possible official inclusion in the game, and the community would vote to filter out the best content, with the understanding that the staff would only pick things they thought meshed well with the game.
If you didn't want to be involved, you could always post your stuff in the normal workshop section and ignore that system entirely.
All through already-existing Steam systems.

Clean and simple.

The Workshop does have quite a few gems.
And maybe the creators of such gems shouldn't be so quick to dismiss modding as a whole, and their own work by extension, as nothing but trash.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:46 PM, maradyne said:

people would just submit mods for possible official inclusion in the game, and the community would vote to filter out the best content,

Klei is doing that on the Hot Lava end with a paid program. They might do it later.

Archived