Could we see some mods make it in the game?

If klei implemented QoL changes currently present in mods I actually wouldn't think it would be that bad tbh.

I'm talking small things like Quick Drop, Less Placement Blocking and heck, Geometric Placement. Doesn't have to be the mods exact, rather just some kinda QoL changes similar to it. Mainly I'd just want birds and their seeds not blocking placement anymore, that's gotta be the most annoying thing in DST.

43 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

If klei implemented QoL changes currently present in mods I actually wouldn't think it would be that bad tbh.

I'm talking small things like Quick Drop, Less Placement Blocking and heck, Geometric Placement. Doesn't have to be the mods exact, rather just some kinda QoL changes similar to it. Mainly I'd just want birds and their seeds not blocking placement anymore, that's gotta be the most annoying thing in DST.

The most annoying thing in DST is the "hit-boxes" of thing being quadruple the size of the actual entity... srsly, why can't I place a Crockpot close to a Thermometer, its LITERALLY A BIG STICK, NOT A DEERCLOPS GOD DAMN IT

1 hour ago, Warbucks said:

"Could we see some mods make it in the game?

NO.

We don't need any more unholy things like Bethesda creation club, thank you.

So geometric placement is something people wouldn't enjoy being seen in the game?

That's the only mod I can realistically see being added, and rightfully so.

24 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

So geometric placement is something people wouldn't enjoy being seen in the game?

That's the only mod I can realistically see being added, and rightfully so.

I was responding to the person saying they wouldn't mind mods being added into DST as DLC which would likely be paid DLC.

Klei taking free mods other people worked hard on and adding it as paid DLC would be disgusting.

If they're added into the game with free updates then I don't mind! It would be nice to have mods like combined status, status announcements, and geometric placement which really should've been a part of the game by default either as configurable options you can toggle on or off or just always as a part of the game.

Geometric palcement, Combined Stats, Displaying food stats, Beefalo HUD all of those add some qol changes, that I feel like should've been part of the game long ago. But most people are like  ''mODs mAkE tHe GaMe tOo EaSy'' . Nothing says FUN like having to look up stuff on the wiki instead of just hovering over and reading about it.

And then you wonder why ''peOple iN pUbs mAke OnlY MeAtbAllS''.

25 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

If they're added into the game with free updates then I don't mind! It would be nice to have mods like combined status, status announcements, and geometric placement which really should've been a part of the game by default either as configurable options you can toggle on or off or just always as a part of the game.

Configurable options would be absolutely amazing and would satisfy everyone who plays the game. 

While where add it this may be off topic but it goes off of what Bellum says

11 minutes ago, BellumOmnes said:

And then you wonder why ''peOple iN pUbs mAke OnlY MeAtbAllS''.

Even though you're quoting people, I think there is a solution for those who make redundant recipes and that is to add in a "beastiary" section for mobs and food in the main menu. Or in general just a section to describe a certain function or anything really, a more vague but easily accessible wiki per say

geometric placement is probably the only mod i'd say is worthy to be implemented, other mods aren't as necessary or dire.

one mod i would like to see implemented other than geometric placement is the ability to turn off the snowy ground filter, makes winter a lot more easier on the eyes.

Gesture Wheel is a must, it's so organic and natural for the game, writing down emotes is so unintuitive.

I can also see Dusk and Night music being official, on the "play when busy" setting. The music remixes are honestly of official game quality. There is no realistic reason that 2/3 of the game should be silent.

More Players mod may also deserve to be official, 6 is an arbitrary maximum player cap that can easily be overridden via a mod. WHy not default at 6 but let people increase it by default.

Other than those two I don't see many mods being worthy of getting added to the game, aside from minor ones like disable mod warning, HD twigs and other items etc.

29 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

We've been over this, DST is not capable of running the HQ Images

Huh, didn't know this. I didn't download the mod because it seemed like too much job for too little visual tweaks but if the mod successfully turns the twigs and hibernation vests to the HQ images (which I assume it does as it's on the top of the popularity list), why can't those images run without the mod/ implemented into the core game?

23 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Huh, didn't know this. I didn't download the mod because it seemed like too much job for too little visual tweaks but if the mod successfully turns the twigs and hibernation vests to the HQ images (which I assume it does as it's on the top of the popularity list), why can't those images run without the mod/ implemented into the core game?

Sigh, due to the game being built in a 32-bit Engine its just not possible without 2 issues popping up;

• Atlas Sizing
  • Memory related Crashes

.tex files have a max File Size of I believe ~2000px, there are certain images that in HQ format would be larger and due to how much larger files get once they are in HQ would make the game just not run good at all and even crash due to a lack of enough memory to run

Also I dont get why people even use that mod, it literally makes an inventory icon have its proper size, it will look so out of place -w-

3 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

We've been over this, DST is not capable of running the HQ Images

But what about their plans on making things HQ?
They've already made a multitude of things in game HQ, such as a handful of clothing items, and even some normal items/foods.
Carrot for example. That's what the DYN thingy is for, no?

The gameplay and game runs fine without any "geometric placement". If your mind is constrained to think in terms of grids you are free to use said mod. Most quality of life mods are making the game easier (read: more boring). The thing with Don't Starve is to figure out how to work around the quirks. Having wormholes color-coded from the get-go is plain boring, for example. You can put up a specific marker, for example two signs, and two signs on the other ends, and viola, you have made a coding system yourself. In my opinion 99,9% of the mods throw a barrage of zzz at the game.

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

But what about their plans on making things HQ?
They've already made a multitude of things in game HQ, such as a handful of clothing items, and even some normal items/foods.
Carrot for example. That's what the DYN thingy is for, no?

DYN can cause lag, dyn stands for dynamic, the files that are under this extension load dynamically meaning they ONLY are used whenever necessary. Thus entering a new biome can cause a freeze for a while since all the new things have to load and certain things have to unload. This works for skins because they only exist for a few things and aren't as wide-spread.

Of couse, some things in ZIPs are HQ, Im not saying they can't do anything HQ, there are certain things that the game can handle, I guess small items such as food and hats, armor or hand-held things are ok, but if they were to HQ an entire biome's worth of assets it would create memo issues

Archived