As Klei could very easily implement a difficult mode (without distorting the gaming experience through intensive modification of the world generation)

14 hours ago, BeanBagSonic said:

Take notes @x0VERSUS1y @Rosten, and @Jessie223 I'm sorry that your first few hours in the Klei forums was a circus full of Senior clowns practicing their comedy routine on you.

The Meaning of Memberships.JPG

Why am I quoted in relation to Rosten and Jessie's "very friendly" comments spar?

I for one consider I've argued my view on DST's late-game content and general direction sufficiently clear. And if my replies for whatever reason, as stated, weren't to one's or the other's liking, c'est la vie, gloss over; or again, as you did, react "confused" as a form of protest I suppose. All good in the hood.

Once more my stance on DST difficulty incrementation late-game: yes if hidden behind a player-triggered event (offers choice when player is prepared) - aka a 2-steps difficulty incrementation; absolutely no in regards to DST becoming a giant wave-based mobs/bosses Arena as a form of perpetually rising difficulty with passing time - aka no hard cap on said difficulty amp up.

I don't think that player-triggered events causing difficulty increments is within the spirit of DS. The point of things like the Hounds and Giants are that they force you to be at a certain level of competency and progression in order to survive them, instead of just allowing you to leisurely do everything at your own pace. 

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Please keep things on topic and without personal attacks. Thanks

We are trying, but this is getting out of the soup.

There's only one option...

5da7dfdc0cfe0_bandicam2019-10-1221-13-13-383.jpg.13b864ce19be097f3dd59fd3a7660368.jpg

In a serious manner, i think the game deserves some tweaks in difficulty, like avoiding rollback because Hounds decided to meet you and you didn't had armor or Toadstool decided to stump you, if there's only one on the server, the world regenerates, instead of giving you the chance to rollback.

50 minutes ago, Rosten said:

I don't think that player-triggered events causing difficulty increments is within the spirit of DS. The point of things like the Hounds and Giants are that they force you to be at a certain level of competency and progression in order to survive them, instead of just allowing you to leisurely do everything at your own pace. 

True, but is meant to shield casuals from too harsh conditions, more-so if joining late-game. Well one could argue if they aren't prepared they shouldn't join or if the event is started too early, is the same situation... Still, maybe to be a bit clearer on what I mean: have a similar type of event like FW-defeat-regenerating-Ruins, only this could be linked to Moon. And once kicked in, then the world slowly starts changing over time, if that's even possible with current DST WorldGen and the like. An idea.

But in the end, to be frank, I believe we all work ourselves out in these type of debates for nothing as in foreseeable future nothing of this sorts will come, Return of Them being only about adding some extra content, most-if-not-all of it optional.

For the record, I've been playing since at least the Birds And The Bees And The Dogs That Want To Kill You update, apparently back in 2012, and I'm among those who would like a change in direction from the current.

Not that I think it will happen; just clarifying that time played doesn't lead to a person thinking in one particular way exclusively.
Nothing is perfect or absolute.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

True, but is meant to shield casuals from too harsh conditions, more-so if joining late-game. Well one could argue if they aren't prepared they shouldn't join or if the event is started too early, is the same situation... Still, maybe to be a bit clearer on what I mean: have a similar type of event like FW-defeat-regenerating-Ruins, only this could be linked to Moon. And once kicked in, then the world slowly starts changing over time, if that's even possible with current DST WorldGen and the like. An idea.

But in the end, to be frank, I believe we all work ourselves out in these type of debates for nothing as in foreseeable future nothing of this sorts will come, Return of Them being only about adding some extra content, most-if-not-all of it optional.

This is largely a problem DST has that I'm not totally sure if it can be fixed. The game was originally designed with single player and trial and error learning in mind, but there's pretty much no way to allow new players to get their bearings on servers with veteran players without either totally trivializing death as a consequence or being a massive inconvenience to stronger players.

Archived