Remove the ability to light most structures on fire

The fact that we can light things like chests, crock pots, fridges, alchemy engines, ocuvigils, and plants is well beyond my level of comprehension, as it basically invites griefers to annoy you with just a torch. Simply removing the option to light them on fire directly will give real players enough time to put out the eventual smouldering after they attempt to circumvent this by lighting a material next to them, and then ban the griefer from their server. And again, why are we letting them burn structures in the first place when we're trying so hard to prevent griefing?

On a side note, pig houses would have to be exempt from this proposed anti-griefing change, as lighting them has a use during a full moon, in which their homes are lit on fire to force them to transform, with a flingomatic or ice staff putting the fire out.

As a member of Diverse Survivors, I get annoyed when I look at our griefer reporting channel and see how easily people grief. I'd love to see this stopped, or at least slowed one day.

it's an issue within the single context of public servers with a no-griefing rule, i don't want to be unable to burn an arbitrary list of random objects everywhere else just because of it

unless i'm mistaken, klei's stance on griefing has never been explicit, and they have never endorsed a no-griefing rule for EVERY server, so it doesn't make sense for them to make this strange workaround an official feature

and your argument works the other way around too: so if i'm not going to be making use of this anti-griefing measure, should i have to install a mod to disable it?

the Diverse Survivors server can easily just use an anti-griefing mod if this is too much a problem for them

19 hours ago, Jessie223 said:

it's an issue within the single context of public servers with a no-griefing rule, i don't want to be unable to burn an arbitrary list of random objects everywhere else just because of it

unless i'm mistaken, klei's stance on griefing has never been explicit, and they have never endorsed a no-griefing rule for EVERY server, so it doesn't make sense for them to make this strange workaround an official feature

and your argument works the other way around too: so if i'm not going to be making use of this anti-griefing measure, should i have to install a mod to disable it?

the Diverse Survivors server can easily just use an anti-griefing mod if this is too much a problem for them

What about Xbox or ps4?

Archived