Sign in to follow this  
Ronivan

Longer Cycle Time

Recommended Posts

Ronivan    2

Hello everyone. I want to know if there is any mod that increase the cycle time of the game. I searched around and I didn't found anything related to this. I know the cycle is 600 seconds in total, which 525 is day time and 75 is night time. I'm asking this because I would like my dupes had more free time at the days end to eat or have some fun. Its possible to change it?

Edited by Ronivan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulwind    247

Unlikely as the system timer is integral to so many calculations that changing it would be problematic.

That being said however, the actual "time of day" doesn't matter for your dupes.  I run 4 shifts of dupes with overlapping times 24/7.

You just need to adjust the schedule for your dupes to give them more free time, sleep time, bath time, or work time.

I run 4 free time blocks, 3 sleep time blocks, 2 bath time blocks and the rest are work.  I stagger those times across the 4 shifts

so that there are always 2 shifts working, 1 shift in downtime, and 1 shift in sleep time/bath time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chthonicone    88
1 hour ago, Soulwind said:

Unlikely as the system timer is integral to so many calculations that changing it would be problematic.

Not really, if you take the current work time for certain things and turn it into (current time/600) you can create a multiplier you apply to the current day length to find out how long it should take in a longer day.

Some actions now you rate based on current day length with this multiplier, and some you rate on a static length regardless of day length.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimgaw    523
5 hours ago, Chthonicone said:

Some actions now you rate based on current day length with this multiplier, and some you rate on a static length regardless of day length.

And splitting all systems into these two categories is 

5 hours ago, Chthonicone said:

Not really

7 hours ago, Soulwind said:

problematic

?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulwind    247

And, of course, I didn't say it couldn't be done as a mod.  It's quite possible that it could be (I don't really know).

I said it was unlikely that a mod for doing so existed or would be built.  Especially since the OP can get what

he's after through existing mechanisms. :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronivan    2
2 hours ago, Soulwind said:

And, of course, I didn't say it couldn't be done as a mod.  It's quite possible that it could be (I don't really know).

I said it was unlikely that a mod for doing so existed or would be built.  Especially since the OP can get what

he's after through existing mechanisms. :)  

Its possible to set a time for dupes to stop working and return to a specific point before break time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulwind    247

Before break time? Not that I know of.  When break time starts,  they drop whatever they are doing and run off to use the toilet, eat, and relax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chthonicone    88
4 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

And splitting all systems into these two categories is 

?

 

Nope, not at all. You'd be surprised at how easy that part is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this