Leather Suit: a poll

Leather Suit  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like a Leather Suit be added to dst in the following Return of Them updates as an intermediary between Log suit and Marble Suit, to compliment the Football Helmet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care / Blank

Considering last changes occurring in the Constant and most probably new challenges coming soon, maybe it's high time we have some new battle gear for our characters as well: behold the Leather Suit, a middle ground between Log and Marble Suits, to compliment the Ham Bat and Football Helmet combo.

Leather-Suit_revised.thumb.png.45e09f3fb6f026d48b7902c8fe5494e4.png

This torso armor is made based on the antique medieval leather armors, with the purpose of protecting its user(s) from some of the damage early-to-mid combat scenarios might usually present, in a middle-of-the-road cost fashion: 1x Pig Skin, 2x Rope, 3x Flint.

leather-armor-black.jpg.78593e0700a35dc7e4556d70b6cbda72.jpg

The need for "3x Flint" on this armor also encourages players to spread the usage of Flint in mid-to-late game, when it tends to over-accumulate. Also keeps relevant a more complete set based on Pig Skin alone for those people not into Thule or Shadow armors for whatever reasons.

dst_items.png.8de7bde63a1206b720f6024336b455c6.png

As mentioned, in regard to "Thulecite Crown, Suit & Club" set, Leather Suit would be a good addition to the Football Helmet and Ham Bat combo. And of course, brings future possibilities for new re-skins. 

50920.jpg.22021133a75ef1f3f9317bb23631f723.jpg

637.png.eb0299aa25a6c91b886c5f0ec6cab012.png

What do you think?

(PS: a special thanks and shout-out to @x0VERSUS1y for providing me with render colorization of my Leader Suit and its specs/context visual montage presentation.)

It's funny how this implies Marble Suit is an upgrade to the Log Suit.

I wouldn't mind a new armor, but there really really needs to be an armor & weapon rework beforehand. Since most of the gear in-game goes unused due to how the availability & utility of equipment are a bit out of whack.

Just now, Poebus said:

2 pig skin is kinda expensive considering log suit exists

i would like to have every mobs atk damage lowered overall and have armors durability and asorbtion more diverse 

pig skin are overflowing in the world

13 hours ago, Poebus said:

2 pig skin is kinda expensive considering log suit exists 

13 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

In fact it offers more protection; however, the cost could be reduced to only 1 pig skins

True, the reduced cost for this armor could be more amendatory and passable.

1x Pig Skin, 2x Rope, 3x Flint maybe is a more cost-efficient recipe.

pigskin-new-armor-recipe.png.35cd2add0b8d9c6988afd645398c2ab1.png

"Just one pig has been hurt in the making of this" :encouragement:

Cost reduced, as probably should've been from start.

As side note, regarding above comments: I for one support introduction of as many useful items possible, related to cost-efficiency and how they're obtained, used, against what and whatnot. For example this armor, with updated recipe, is imo waaaaay more handful than the Cookie Cutter Cap (to find them critters you need first to navigate Ocean till stumbling upon Salt Formations, kill at least 4 of those suckers - usually more - and make a helmet inferior to Football Helmet having a negligible 35% water resistance).

On 13/10/2019 at 11:28 PM, Tapirus said:

As mentioned, in regard to "Thulecite Crown, Suit & Club" set, Leather Suit would be a good addition to the Football Helmet and Ham Bat combo. And of course, brings future possibilities for new re-skins. 

For me, I always put the log suit in this square. 

31 minutes ago, Varum said:

For me, I always put the log suit in this square. 

Log Suit doesn't have Pig Skin, unlike Thulecite Suit which has Thulecite in it.

Leather Suit brings a new use to Pig Skin along with Flint.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:28 AM, Tapirus said:

Also keeps relevant a more complete set based on Pig Skin alone for those people not into Thule or Shadow armors for whatever reasons.

does this imply there's another set which is where the spear + log suit + some arbitrary headpiece belong to? i don't get this

1 hour ago, JessieBretworth said:

does this imply there's another set which is where the spear + log suit + some arbitrary headpiece belong to? i don't get this

Spear doesn't have Logs, unlike Thulecite Suit which has Thulecite in it.

Leather Suit it's an intermediary between Log suit and Marble Suit, adding another option to the game.

intermediary? i don't think there's a linear progression for armour that goes like Grass Suit > Log Suit > Marble Suit > Thulecite Suit like you think there is

you don't "level up" your armour in the game, there's a certain use for each armour depending on the context

1 hour ago, JessieBretworth said:

you don't "level up" your armour in the game, there's a certain use for each armour depending on the context

Is not about "leveling up" a gear, but its specs and usability in general, yet more so feasibility and lucrativeness.

In that line of thought, Log Armor and Thule Armor are most advantageous to have, and you see that in-game, the general preferences of people - one 'cause of abundance of its resources vs protection given, other for mostly its overall pros. By comparison, how much is Grass armor prevalent in runs? From my experience almost no one uses it. Not even Night Armor - because of its cons - is at large as used as Log Armor. Most people use through all runs' length predominantly Log Armors - again, its resources are easy to gain and given protection is quite good. Thus, because Pig Skin is also relatively abundant in the vein of logs, we thought it would make a nice alternative between mentioned Log Suit and Marble - once more from pro/cons and abundance/accessibility view point. Take it or leave it, as it seems (aside from the control group), opinions are split on this matter pretty much evenly.

Archived