CaptainChaotica    4,311
5 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Do you see surfers walking around with cutlass supremes?

Just the AWESOME ones.  :)

...am I the only one who read "The Goose is 'naked', other than Walani" and immediately imagined the goose in like, maybe a nice suit-vest and tie? XD  I mean, the other way to make them both match up WOULD be to _put_ clothes on the naked one, after all...

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

* Is lazy when sane.

When above 80% sanity, Walani slows down in multiple aspects.
-95% movement speed.
-20% longer swing speed.
-100% longer crafting / picking time.
-Hunger drain is reduced to 90%.

When below 80% sanity, Walani's hunger drain increases to 120%.

YES.  I'm very glad somebody brought this up before I did.  There's a very, very big reason why slow is bad, and it's not because it's annoying.

It's because DEATH!!!  Death death death death death death death.

-_95%_ are you HIGH?!  That's an _insane_ number!  You know how I always talk about staying the phrack out of the Antlion's desert in the summer when hounds show up?  THIS IS THAT!  Only it happens _every_ time you're sane, regardless of location or season.  

And I don't CARE how popular "you _should_ be insane all the time!" is as a (power-player type only) policy, it should NOT be an actual canon game mechanic!  In order to move _normally_, and not be just murdered by every hostile thing that sees me, I'd _have_ to be at least a little bit insane...ALL THE TIME?!  Heck that!  Sanity is AMAZING!  You get to see colours and the voices shut up!

And then, when you _are_ insane enough to move normally...you get hungier.  What are you going for here, another "no real passive upside at all" hardmode character?

The one Shipwrecked mod I (used to) use...I think her different mechanics include a _slight_ higher hunger drain all the time (not anywhere near Wolfgang's level) and a _slight_ less problem with sanity, and, that's it.  THAT'S playable.  That's the character I did three chapters' worth of the "March of Civliization" challenge with, and that was _before_ I learned the weird new thing the (mod) surfboard could do. (You can..."surf" between ponds as if they were wormholes.  This was before the actual ocean got put in.  I think maybe WHICH pond you come out at might be randomised, though.)  I get that a character should have downsides.

But this...THIS is Wes 2.0  This is ABSOLUTELY "If you want to actually _enjoy_ your time playing the game, never ever ever pick this character."  We already have that.  He's called Warly.  (Sorry Warly fans.  I like him as a character _concept_, but he's ANNOYING AS HELL TO ACTUALLY PLAY and that's the Shipwrecked version.  The DST one is substantially _worse_!)  There's "extra challenge", and then there's AN-NOY-ING.

It'll be waaaaaaayyyy long before they add another older character, if any, but dear GOD don't gimp her this much.  Let her freaking _move_.  Hounds show up frequently and theyr'e _already faster than you_.  Need to dodge quickly through killer bee country?  Nope!  Need to get the hell out of that bishop's range?  Nope.  How 'bout weaving through Sudden Tallbird Territory?  Sorry, you're not insane enough sweetie.  Those downsides are just BEYOND ridiculous, both in terms of how freaking _high_ the numbers are (NINETY-FIVE PERCENT??? 80 PERCENT? _ONE HUNDRED FRELLING PERCENT_?????) and in terms of the _amount_ of time you'd be like thisI  get the idea of showing her "laziness", but DEAR...CHRIST, _these_ numbers?!  Can't you tone it down a LITTLE?

Here's an alternate idea:  Crafting, farming and resource gathering all give her slight sanity debuffs while doing them, because she hates hard work so much.  Hmmm?  Hmmm?  After a while this WOULD add up, 'cos you have to do a _lot_ of those things on any given day, usually.

Also don't make it a constant thing.  Sandstorm + dogs is horrible but _temporary_.  I don't want to have to be obnoxiously slow and able to get hit by everything ALL DAY EVERY DAY.  Not everyone has amazing armour on hand all the time, and whoops, did yours break?  Do you actually indeed _have_ the materials in your inventory, but haven't MADE the spare set yet?  -100 crafting time, beeyotch.  Enjoy your teeth marks.  Oh, also don't even _think_ about making another torch in time if you  overestimated how long yours was gonna last.  You are Charlie's LUNCH.

Yeah there's just no physical way this would work and you can't convince me otherwise.  SLOW.  EQUALS.  DEATH! 

I"m sorry I sound so angry in this, but...I am.  It just was not thought through at all.  Also...I don't care how "gud" you are, NOBODY can kite at only _five percent_ movement speed. 

TL;DR:  No.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
typoes. My insane angry rants should at least be _coherent_, after all.
  • Like 3

Ardcrumb    65
13 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Just the AWESOME ones.  :)

...am I the only one who read "The Goose is 'naked', other than Walani" and immediately imagined the goose in like, maybe a nice suit-vest and tie? XD  I mean, the other way to make them both match up WOULD be to _put_ clothes on the naked one, after all...

YES.  I'm very glad somebody brought this up before I did.  There's a very, very big reason why slow is bad, and it's not because it's annoying.

It's because DEATH!!!  Death death death death death death death.

-_95%_ are you HIGH?!  That's an _insane_ number!  You know how I always talk about staying the phrack out of the Antlion's desert in the summer when hounds show up?  THIS IS THAT!  Only it happens _every_ time you're sane, regardless of location or season.  

And I don't CARE how popular "you _should_ be insane all the time!" is as a (power-player type only) policy, it should NOT be an actual canon game mechanic!  In order to move _normally_, and not be just murdered by every hostile thing that sees me, I'd _have_ to be at least a little bit insane...ALL THE TIME?!  Heck that!  Sanity is AMAZING!  You get to see colours and the voices shut up!

And then, when you _are_ insane enough to move normally...you get hungier.  What are you going for here, another "no real passive upside at all" hardmode character?

The one Shipwrecked mod I (used to) use...I think her different mechanics include a _slight_ higher hunger drain all the time (not anywhere near Wolfgang's level) and a _slight_ less problem with sanity, and, that's it.  THAT'S playable.  That's the character I did three chapters' worth of the "March of Civliization" challenge with, and that was _before_ I learned the weird new thing the (mod) surfboard could do. (You can..."surf" between ponds as if they were wormholes.  This was before the actual ocean got put in.  I think maybe WHICH pond you come out at might be randomised, though.)  I get that a character should have downsides.

But this...THIS is Wes 2.0  This is ABSOLUTELY "If you want to actually _enjoy_ your time playing the game, never ever ever pick this character."  We already have that.  He's called Warly.  (Sorry Warly fans.  I like him as a character _concept_, but he's ANNOYING AS HELL TO ACTUALLY PLAY and that's the Shipwrecked version.  The DST one is substantially _worse_!)  There's "extra challenge", and then there's AN-NOY-ING.

It'll be waaaaaaayyyy long before they add another older character, if any, but dear GOD don't gimp her this much.  Let her freaking _move_.  Hounds show up frequently and theyr'e _already faster than you_.  Need to dodge quickly through killer bee country?  Nope!  Need to get the hell out of that bishop's range?  Nope.  How 'bout weaving through Sudden Tallbird Territory?  Sorry, you're not insane enough sweetie.  Those downsides are just BEYOND ridiculous, both in terms of how freaking _high_ the numbers are (NINETY-FIVE PERCENT??? 80 PERCENT? _ONE HUNDRED FRELLING PERCENT_?????) and in terms of the _amount_ of time you'd be like thisI  get the idea of showing her "laziness", but DEAR...CHRIST, _these_ numbers?!  Can't you tone it down a LITTLE?

Here's an alternate idea:  Crafting, farming and resource gathering all give her slight sanity debuffs while doing them, because she hates hard work so much.  Hmmm?  Hmmm?  After a while this WOULD add up, 'cos you have to do a _lot_ of those things on any given day, usually.

Also don't make it a constant thing.  Sandstorm + dogs is horrible but _temporary_.  I don't want to have to be obnoxiously slow and able to get hit by everything ALL DAY EVERY DAY.  Not everyone has amazing armour on hand all the time, and whoops, did yours break?  Do you actually indeed _have_ the materials in your inventory, but haven't MADE the spare set yet?  -100 crafting time, beeyotch.  Enjoy your teeth marks.  Oh, also don't even _think_ about making another torch in time if you  overestimated how long yours was gonna last.  You are Charlie's LUNCH.

Yeah there's just no physical way this would work and you can't convince me otherwise.  SLOW.  EQUALS.  DEATH! 

I"m sorry I sound so angry in this, but...I am.  It just was not thought through at all.  Also...I don't care how "gud" you are, NOBODY can kite at only _five percent_ movement speed. 

TL;DR:  No.

...Notorious

No offense but you should calm down, it’s just a video game.

• Confused 1

Canis    8,944
35 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

snip

Oh my god, no no no no no no no, jesus christ no

By 95% I meant 5% less movement speed than 100%. not being slowed down TO 5% movement speed! I need to edit that, right now.

Edited by Canis
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Poebus    420

your idea is fine, but how can walani help the teams or coop with them?

sure, she can aboard lunar island in like day 1~2 but its basically same with reworked woodie

in similar case. like walry brought helpful amount of spices and food recipe that can benefit whole team

Owlrus98    363

Unfortunately I don't think the possibility of her being added will appear any time soon considering the mindset of the developers. 

Think about it, one day someone laid out each character from the DLC's (Hamlet & SW) in a meeting and decided which one unanimously they liked most of all the candidates. Walani, Woodlegs, Wilbur, Warly, Wheeler (technically Warbucks as well), Wilba, and Wormwood were all on the chopping block and only 2 made the cut in the end. They could have asked the community who they wanted in DST or even plan to add them all at once, but they didn't want to because of the plans they had and the direction they wanted to take them in.

As much as I'd hate to say it, the idea of her being ported over any time in the near future is as likely as the devs "removing" a character from the roster, as it sounds just as feasible in concept. I personally wanted Warbucks back ever since he was removed, but that's never going to happen and I just need to get used to it (not to sound harsh) and look toward the future with newer more exciting things instead; I will give the same advice that was given to everyone else that wanted Warbucks back during his removal to get them to stop complaining, just use a mod *snicker*.

Walani (DST):  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577661340&searchtext=walani

Alexias    756

We already have woodie who can explore the sea and find lunar island in few days.

And her stuff can be only used by her so she doesn’t have any synergy with other.

If we ever needed a character with sea perks then he could be able to build special boats.