Walani in DST

Here are some ideas for Walani in DST, because she'd be perfect for the new RoT content, and she objectively has the most likable personality /s

Spoiler

* Loves surfing

Walani has more crafting recipes available in the Think Tank.

Surfboard
- 1 board, 2 flint
- Requires a Science Machine.
- Has 150 durability and lasts 3 days.
- Is as fast as a player on land.

Driftwood Surfboard
- 2 driftwood, 2 flint
- Requires an Alchemy Engine.
- Has 100 durability and lasts 2 days.
- Is 200% faster than a Surfboard.

Sea Queen's Surfboard
-  4 driftwood, 6 gold, 2 living logs
- Requires a Shadow Manipulator.
- Has 300 durability and lasts 6 days.
- is 300% faster than a Surfboard.

Surfboard Repair Kit
- 1 boards, 2 stingers, 2 bull kelp
- Repairs surfboards for 100 durability.
- Has 3 uses.

Only Walani players can use surfboards. (Other characters will say that they don't know how to surf.)
Surfboards work like Shipwrecked; Only one player can use it, no rowing needed, doesn't lose durability when it hits land.

In addition, waves now spawn in the ocean and function like they do in SW. They wont do damage to a regular boat (At worst, just get a player wet if they're standing on the edge of the boat), but it damages surfboards when you surf against it.

She'd also still dry off at a faster rate than other characters.
----------------------

*Is a pretty chill gal.

Sanity auras, both positive and negative, are only 50% effective to Walani.
Instant sanity modifiers (ex: green caps, cooked cacti) are 66% effective.

----------------------

* Is lazy when sane.

When above 80% sanity, Walani slows down in multiple aspects.
*95% movement speed.
*20% longer swing speed.
*100% longer crafting / picking time.
*Hunger drain is reduced to 90%.

When below 80% sanity, Walani's hunger drain increases to 120%.

I am well aware that there isn't a decent upside that she can utilize all game. With these changes, she'd just be a lazy Wilson with more effective sanity, unless she is near water. So instead of taking this at face value and assume that I want *THIS* as the character, build off of it and suggest ideas for Walani.

Also, note that her perks could get very fleshed out once RoT is "completed" but only Klei knows what they're going to do with it.

2 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

So can she find Lunar Island on the first day?

Yup,also the island is not really that good,klei will probably add more rewarding stuff on the ocean like salt(not a good example,but yeah)

Just now, maciu67 said:

Yes but Goose is "naked" other than Walani.

Do you mean dropping his entire inventory?

Did you ever played DST Woodie? he doesn't drop his inventory...

1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

Yes but Goose is "naked" other than Walani.

That can be changed.

Spoiler

this is a joke

Woodie can transform into a Goose, and then regain his hunger with the foodstuffs on the island. Doubly so since he doesn't lose his inventory upon transformation, so he can bring things like a pickaxe, armor, or food in the first place.

I think if they add walani, itll be after some time. Making new characters takes resources, and they have their hands full with the rest of the reworks and more content updates, along with wurt and other dlc character. Patience is king, ya know. Debate aside, i like some of your ideas for her

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Woodie can transform into a Goose, and then regain his hunger with the foodstuffs on the island. Doubly so since he doesn't lose his inventory upon transformation, so he can bring things like a pickaxe, armor, or food in the first place.

He don't know where is the lunar Island and weregoose form on sea is dangerous . Walani doesn't have any limitations..

Just now, maciu67 said:

He don't know where is the lunar Island and weregoose form on sea is dangerous . Walani doesn't have any limitations..

I think you forgot the fact that Woodie is a generalist and he also has a combat form and gatherer one

It's kinda obvious Walani would be better than him in this

Just now, maciu67 said:

I could argue the fact that Walani doesn't have 2 viable wereforms for general situations, so why not allow her to specialize in sea exploration?

Just now, maciu67 said:

This is absolute minimum. She also shouldn't pick item and use tools on surfboat - only exploration.

That feels like too much. One of Walani's jobs mid game could be to go fetch salt for the others, or mine rocks that are in the way of other players' boats. It's not too OP as, again, the Goose can traverse the sea, AND Woodie can do a LOT of other things that don't involve the ocean. Walani would specialize in the ocean.

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

That feels like too much. One of Walani's jobs mid game could be to go fetch salt for the others, or mine rocks that are in the way of other players' boats. It's not too OP as, again, the Goose can traverse the sea, AND Woodie can do a LOT of other things that don't involve the ocean. Walani would specialize in the ocean.

And the player will have Salt box before ice box and chest full of Glass cutters.

Archived