59 minutes ago, FeagleSnorf said:

I hope his voice is just someone pushing over some drums or something. Maybe a hurdy gurdy.

Maybe probably something representing how they went from a  beautiful goat species, to a gurgling land fish like a disorted flute to a sound of gurgling maybe?

3 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

Maybe probably something representing how they went from a  beautiful goat species, to a gurgling land fish like a disorted flute to a sound of gurgling maybe?

I like this solely because the idea that the sound design people had to play a flute underwater sounds hilarious.

"Mumsy says my friends can't come out to play." 

Remembered this Billy quote and now it has an explanation and now I'm kinda sad.

still cracking up internally over the greenhorn thing though
he has scales on his portrait, implying green merm skin
and horns
hAH

9 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Honestly, a merm/goat/dragon hybrid sounds like an OC character in a cringe fanfiction.

Yeahhh I'm a little afraid how hes going to look, especially if he ends up being a merm. Are they going to... squish a merm like thing into a character model? I'd love to actually get a new kind of character model, of course that would be a lot more work, but these characters cost money after all.

5 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Yeahhh I'm a little afraid how hes going to look, especially if he ends up being a merm. Are they going to... squish a merm like thing into a character model? I'd love to actually get a new kind of character model, of course that would be a lot more work, but these characters cost money after all.

This makes little to no sense.. Woodie in Werebeaver form shares the same large hunchback size as a Merm..

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

This makes little to no sense.. Woodie in Werebeaver form shares the same large hunchback size as a Merm..

But hunchbacks like werebeaver lack many animations that normal characters have. This would still be a hefty amount of work, but I'd love to see it!

Ambivalent about this because I used to build swamp bases on public servers while playing Wig. There’s plenty of meat in the swamps, and best of all, most clueless/new players steer clear of it, so you have the chance to build up some resources without someone coming along to mess things up. I even experimented with using bunnymen to farm Merms. The swamp is a really under utilized biome the way most people play DS/DST. A merm character is a very logical next step, but it does mean one less hideout.

3 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

What do you guys think his skins will be? I’m guessing we’ll get a GoH, and maybe a skin that un-mermifies him?

Victorian is a must since its a Goat/Merm
Uncorrupted would be bae but wouldn't make sense if he/she had merm perks
Hallowed/Costume is a must since Halloween

Side note, maybe they are quiet about the update because its gonna feature a lot of skins? We have 2 Halloween collections and a new Character, they must be really busy with them (and trust me dawing everything for a character model takes ages)

Archived