5 hours ago, Varum said:

I would prefer if Wurt is a merman-goat but it looks more a dragon than a fish...

and "greenhorn" sounds dragonish

"Greenhorn" means someone who's new or inexperienced at something. In this context it could mean that this is a goat who was freshly mermified, i.e. they're new to being a merm.

As for them looking like a dragon, there's one thing that makes it really look like a merm: the fins.

image.png.a0323e9fb25f9014915f2459532d1505.png

5da28b053d06c_mermregular.png.c6c877d86a1b479d5c6832e631049857.png5da28b0859fe9_mermfishermerm.png.2d6756c1a6b9065211425cf8684aa9bf.png5da28b0d4f53b_mermsammy.png.a24c0f54a94743deb79fc77816b8e75a.png5da28b0fdd763_mermpipton.png.6738d3d73c8a200810f034d1d4e165e2.png
All merms have got 'em, and all 3 we've seen in DST have the same general fin shape.

30 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I think I went a little too crazy with my rendition. I went with the 50% goat 50% merm idea. :wilson_curious:

(I might play around more with the idea, potentially an "Afflicted" skin, showing the in betweens of them becoming a merm?)

image.png.1fd1dd81215305a396732e16bc611a5f.png

i think this is great, man! Pretty much what im hoping for in his design

Just now, sinisterrkid said:

Just to get a little something off my chest it kinda sucks that any monster/non-human character that doesn't explicitly have a bow, dress, pink color and a name that ends with -a defaults to being called he.

Idk Wurt just sounds like a Caveman's name, not particulary a woman's name

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What's the go to diet going to be for a vegetarian character? I would think eating veggies/fruits raw would be the best approach. 

Pumpkins for hunger (37.5 cooked or raw) and cooked Eggplants or Pomegranates for health (20 health when cooked)

But like, surviving the first winter without eating meat might be rough.

13 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Idk Wurt just sounds like a Caveman's name, not particulary a woman's name

It's okay, I'm not forcing anyone to change anything, I call Wormwood and Wortox 'he' too. Just pointing out that if devs want to make a Plant or Imp character universally seen as female it has to give it tlts. Or be like, Wortoxa. And that sucks.

8 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Just pointing out that if devs wanted to make a Plant or Imp character universally seen as female.

Honestly Wormwood's Cactus Skin still makes him look very girly for some unknown reason, especially in his Final Form, He literally turns into a Desert Queen and that's why I love that skin the most

40 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

ust pointing out that if devs want to make a Plant or Imp character universally seen as female it has to give it tlts. Or be like, Wortoxa. And that sucks.

Considering the fact that the DS artstyle makes everyone and everything flatchested (except pigs, dear god), I don't think that's a factor to base gender on. It'd probably be how the voice sounds, or as you mention, the name.

1 minute ago, Canis said:

Considering the fact that the DS artstyle makes everyone and everything flatchested (except pigs, dear god), I don't think that's a factor to base gender on. It'd probably be how the voice sounds, or as you mention, the name.

lol I was definitely exagerating there. Dear Klei, don't get weird.

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I am hoping Wurt will be female. We got a male imp, and a plant that identifies as male. So I wouldn't mind the last two DLC characters being female for the sake of balance.

I mean it could be a play on the name Gertrud, I guess

Would've preferred a human female, but this'll work.

I'm certain all the DLC characters are gonna be monsters/Constant creatures, but I'm okay with this.

I still want another lady to join the frey, but until then I hope this character is fun.

I don't want something simple like merm taming, but looking at Woodie we should be expecting a lot more than that.

I want to say swimming, but I have my doubts. Please prove me wrong, Klei.

2 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

But like, surviving the first winter without eating meat might be rough.

Indeed. I guess we don't really know if he/she won't be able to eat meat, but if that is the case then maybe there must be some pretty good perk that compensates and makes life easier.

Nevertheless it's fun to think about a no-meat based strategy :D (for any non-wigfrid, non-Warly character, that is)

Archived