1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I love you Klei, but you are horrible at estimating project time. If you need more than 2 weeks, just say so. We don't mind. We lose our minds when you give us over confident time lines. 

I mean.. they were kiiiinda on time with the Salty Dog update, but that's pretty much it

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I love you Klei, but you are horrible at estimating project time. If you need more than 2 weeks, just say so. We don't mind. We lose our minds when you give us over confident time lines. 

I mean, "couple" isn't always referring to the literal translation of "two". Otherwise they would say "two". 

It is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

What's even more surprising is the fact they haven't told us in advanced, I was thinking a dev or Joew was going to power jump in here and roast all of us but they just.. watched. (Maybe they didn't because of fear from all the power levels of hype)

Or because wurt is not a merm-goat but a dragon or anything else. And they are afraid to post it like this and are discussing to change it :o

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

I mean, "couple" isn't always referring to the literal translation of "two". Otherwise they would say "two". 

It is what it is.

We all know what couple means in general though. A tiny minority of the people here would interpret couple to mean 3. I know it's not intentionally misleading, but the expectation was certainly set for something today. 

1 minute ago, Varum said:

Or because wurt is not a merm-goat but a dragon or anything else. And they are afraid to post it like this and are discussing to change it :o

.. why would they change the design of a character just because people think it might be something else?

Just now, NSAiswatchingus said:

We all know what couple means in general though. A tiny minority of the people here would interpret couple to mean 3. I know it's not intentionally misleading, but the expectation was certainly set for something today. 

I say "I'll be there in a couple minutes" all the time, and you bet I don't mean "I'll be there in exactly two minutes."

It's just semantics.

Just now, Zeklo said:

I say "I'll be there in a couple minutes" all the time, and you bet I don't mean "I'll be there in exactly two minutes."

It's just semantics.

It's definitely just semantics. 

The fact that this thread is going wild clearly shows that a lot of people came expecting some news today. 

4 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

To take that example though, if you told me you would be there in a couple minutes then showed up 10 minutes later, I'd probably be a little irritated you didn't use better verbiage.

Usually, as many stated, there are some news 1 week prior to updates, or at least this was the case for several months now. If we won't get any news today, most likely next Hollowed Nights and Wurt theoretical update will drop on 31; otherwise 24 remains the probable candidate. This if Klei doesn't want to surprise us completely. My bet given what happen in past: said update will go live on 31.

I really care about this game, and the people who work hard to bring it to us. I will wait here patiently, as of right now, that is all any of us can do. I shall store my hype in the deepest recesses of my mind and stare blankly into the void until It shall inevitable burst forth and energize me anew.

(high key disappointing for me, but such is life)

Just now, Paxtonnnn said:

Do they usually release shorts a week before updates?

News, not shorts, aka: hey chaps, next week Macarena character goes live, dancing like a madman being their perks, tripping balls their cons etc. They preview the character's abilities and whatnot.

Just now, Paxtonnnn said:

Do they usually release shorts a week before updates?

Normally they've released animated shorts along with the related content, I.E: Wormwood's short releasing on Wormwood's release day, etc.

But we're also getting news next week, and so far updates always have come out after a week's notice (minus the celestial portal, which just got kinda added) so I'm confused. 

I'm probably not going to watch the animated short until Hallowed Nights is also in-game, I couldn't maintain my hype if I watched the animated short a week prior to the update. :wilson_dead:

Just now, x0VERSUS1y said:

News, not shorts, aka: hey chaps, next week Macarena character goes live, dancing like a madman being their perks, tripping balls their cons etc. They preview the character's abilities and whatnot.

Well, they said the short will be coming next week.

The tweet states we're getting "news" and an animated short next week. It's hard to imagine that the news will just be a straight up release—at that point it isn't really news at all (though I welcome it). Which begs the question of what the exact news will be.

I'm guessing:

Wurt's perks teaser (akin to the refresh ones).
Hallowed Nights info.
Maybe the next RoT/Character Refresh news?

It's gotta be more than just a release date—since it seems pretty narrowed down based on the info we have.

Klei used to give a lot more news until the fanbase and community turned toxic every time they had to delay something or it didn't originally line up with the estimated time. They stopped a lot of the communication so they didn't have to be the victim of toxic blowback. It will come. 

”This is unacceptable“

-Medic 

We literally discussed in this topic for more than 9 pages and not even one admin came to tell us about the update(not even a single “nah dude,not today”).

Im creating a joke post about the update right now and I hope to not get banned ;-;

2 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

I think we've just been saying "news" so much we've forgotten it isn't just information. I might be wrong, but I assume they meant a release.

I suppose so. I'm just not so optimistic.

It might just be a fail-safe on Klei's part. If it gets delayed then it's just "news", but if all goes well it's a release.

Who knows.

Archived