Water reservoir increasing germs in chlorine

This topic seems like a done deal...but I can't see what I'm doing wrong.  I have a full water reservoir sitting in a room of chlorine, not circulating, and the germ level keeps rising!  It's been rising for several game cycles.  I've read that recirculating kills germs faster, but I don't see why the germs should be INCREASING while the water is just sitting in the reservoir with plenty of chlorine around it!?!

The water is technically all in one tile at the bottom of the reservoir. That tile needs to be chlorine for it to work. If there is some CO2 trapped in the room it won`t work. Use the material overlay (i think it`s F4 now) to see if there is something besides chlorine in your room.

Can confirm that stray packets of other gasses can mess things up. I used to have my chlorine room accessed with a horizontal door from the top. Which works most of the time. But if people go into it a lot, packets of other stuff get in. CO2 can be created just by dupes breathing. So it's best to just have a water lock

Archived