If you were a Don't Starve character...

So i just wanted to make a little thread just for fun. As you can see by the title if you were a Don't Starve character what upsides and downsides would you have?What mystical or ancient powers would you have? How would you make it into the Constant? What other character would be your best friend? And other stuff, use your imagination and creativity. Have fun!

54 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

So i just wanted to make a little thread just for fun. As you can see by the title if you were a Don't Starve character what upsides and downsides would you have?What mystical or ancient powers would you have? How would you make it into the Constant? What other character would be your best friend? And other stuff, use your imagination and creativity. Have fun!

Funny enough I thought of this a while ago, and literally made almost exactly what you said.

20191008_162500.thumb.jpg.98f4bb0150bc5c9a0ff26bd1a600af6a.jpg

Here is the thing I never finished a few weeks ago, its style was supposed to look similar to the way the old character reveals were like willow and wendy for an example.

My concept of me was basically and organized/minion type character, similar to maxwell. I have a sketchbook that can draw creatures to use for unique things, and the book could suck in structures allowing you to relocate them. I also had the ability to reform broken tools into paper versions of them giving a way to repair tools(kind of) I only had 10 uses with the book (creature 10%, tool 20%, and structures 30%) the only way to refuel the book was giving it papyrus to refuel 20%. But my downside is that I lose twice as much sanity and I lose sanity during certain stressed situations like a panic attack, for example low hunger or getting massive amount of damage to something big, and spawn twice as much shadow creatures, which makes them more likely to target me.

Upsides: Extremely smart: I sometimes learn a new recipe when prototyping. Somewhat fast: 5% movement speed increase

Downsides: Tech reliant: Crafting speed is doubled (takes double the time to craft), small but constant sanity drain when not near anything semi-advanced (Semi-advanced things are science machines and alchemy engines, temperature thing, rain-o-meter, other advanced things)

23 minutes ago, Bernado1 said:

I’d like to be the troll hand that takes the fire away at night,nothing too big or too small,just something that trolls people from time to time and everybody is afraid of.

Your character sounds like the type of person to sell rasin cookies but you'd color the raisins brown and call them chocolate chip cookies. (Just saying this as a joke by the way)

18 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Your character sounds like the type of person to sell rasin cookies but you'd color the raisins brown and call them chocolate chip cookies. (Just saying this as a joke by the way)

Don’t fell bad !!! I liked the parallel. ;)

Im going to phrase this like im brainstorming a character mod idea, and I'll go into as much detail as I'm willing to do.

*cracks knuckles*

Spoiler

CANIS

The Sicilian Plague Doctor

STATS:

175 Health
200 Hunger
175 Sanity

PERKS:

*Large and In Charge
Natural 35% Damage Resistance, -5% Movement Speed
(I am currently 6'3 and still growing, however I have chronic foot pain and it hurts to walk so I naturally walk slower.)

*Center of Attention
Can taunt with Right Click. Taunting has a 75% change to draw the aggro of a nearby hostile mob. If multiple are nearby, each mob as a 75% chance to shift aggro. Bosses have a 50% chance to shift aggro.
(My constant manureposting personality leaks into my irl personality sometimes, and some people, namely b o o m e r s, don't really appreciate it.)

*Takes His Mask off in the Dark.
During the night or in caves, he reveals his true spider-y nature.
(I like spiders, plus my persona on other sites is based around a spider, so screw it.)

Spider Form:

-Picking/Using/Chopping/Mining/Swinging speed is increased as his stomach is more full. Caps at 2x.
-Damage Resistance is removed, movement speed penalty still applies.
-Taunting in Spider Form takes half as much time to do and is guaranteed to shift aggro for normal mobs. Bosses have a 75% chance.
-Spiders are neutral (but can't be befriended). Pigmen, Bunnymen, Catcoons, etc are hostile.
-Can grow a silk beard like Webber, albeit only to Tier 1. (always has a moustache :^) )

Summary:
I'd be a natural tank, with  several base-maintaining uses, thanks to increased action speed in spider form. However a drawback would be the natural speed penalty, which is a downside opportunity that no official character utilizes.

TL;DR fast but weak except it's opposite day

I'd had an idea for a mod character based on me, but since I know absolutely nothing about creating a mod character, it was always just an idea. ^o^;>

Basically, my character would love the rain. If it's raining, my character gains sanity as long as she's less than 50% wet or so. After that point, she'd lose sanity like a normal character, because wet clothes are no fun after a while. If she's wearing wet clothes when it's not raining, she loses sanity like normal, too. She'd have a bit extra inherent resistance to the cold in winter, but increased vulnerability to heat in summer, and she'd overheat easily and take more damage while overheating.

She would also absolutely refuse to eat chili peppers. Any crock pot recipe made with chili peppers will be rejected, even if the pepper was just filler. But she'd get an extra sanity bonus from eating honey and sweet foods like taffy and cookies. Alternately, she'd have a separate Sweet Tooth meter that depletes over time, and if it gets to zero, she'll slowly lose sanity over time until she eats something with honey in it, which will fill the meter back up.

If the character is really based on me, then I got lured into the Constant by being told that I'd get to hang out with Wilson there, and he'd be exactly the way I imagine him in my headcanon. And he'd be my best friend there, naturally. :wilson_smile:

Archived