Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

_Q_

Ruins

_Q_    644

I didn't play for a while, now the game seems slower than it was, there are some wrong descriptions left here and there, and still normal difficulty is far to easy. Played whole day yesterday and can't even get to mid game, the game is painfully slow even on max speed.

Also ladders and ruins furniture can't be deconstructed for whatever reason, and they call it ready for the world.

Seriously, deconstructing with mods, cause obviously the little amount of plastic and other resources that people could get by deconstructing ruins would ruin the whole balance of the game.

Sasza22    3783

They didn`t change the speed of the game. Might be the performance that went down, but it shouldn`t affect you before mid game. I`m not sure why the game feels slow for you. Maybe it`s the forest starts that feel slow.

nakomaru    2059

Highly recommend the 10x speed mod (configurable) or using debug mode super speed. You can also delete the buildings outright with debug, and generally play the game you want to play with it enabled.

PhailRaptor    962
19 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Seriously, deconstructing with mods, cause obviously the little amount of plastic and other resources that people could get by deconstructing ruins would ruin the whole balance of the game.

It isn't so much the amount you get from deconstructing these items that is the issue some players (and I'm sure some devs) have raised.  Rather, deconstructing those objects "unlocks" that resource, adding it to the roll table for the Printer Pod's "Care Packages" that come up as alternatives to Dupes ever 3rd cycle.

17 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

They didn`t change the speed of the game.

3 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Highly recommend the 10x speed mod

17 minutes ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

If you're getting slow downs,

Pretty sure @_Q_ was referring to the inevitable priority-related issues during that transitional stage where you haven't yet taken enough Dupes to specialize a Dupe for every given task.  The point where you've got 8 to 10 Dupes and you have about 15 tasks at any given time you need to get done, but you'd need to be reconfiguring your entire priority tree every 1/4 of a cycle if you were going to advance any of your current construction projects (predominantly expanding your early game bare-bones systems for greater efficiency/throughput) in a timely manner.

nakomaru    2059

He described the game as painfully slow even on max speed, something I sympathize with greatly, which is remidied by using 10x+. A great many aspects are limited by merely time rather that duplicant efficiency. And even that is effectively (wrt human experience) multiplied by speed.