why did you join the klei forums?

metallichydra

Lurked way back when the game was a lot more split between the DRM free version and the Steam version. Fell in love with the game back then. Still kinda miffed I just barely missed the window for getting the original DS contributor badge ;___ ;

I saw Don't Starve, pirated an incredibly old version with science points, then saw RoG, so I bought the actual game.

Discovered a few bugs on my second day of playing. Decided to come here to report them...

Then I met someone named @the truthseeker who was so incredibly friendly and personable that he alone was the reason I stuck around and got a desire to know more about the forums in the first place.

I've always kind of wanted to be able to say the same thing about myself, I guess. Be the reason someone saw this place as just a bit more than a video game company's forums, and more of a thriving community of (mostly) like-minded people.

• Developer

DS was the first ever game I bought on Steam. I had pirated it as a kid and followed through every update. Once Caves were out, I discovered a forum existed, and jumped right in. At the time, my English was terrible, but this place and the friends I made in this community helped me become a fluent speaker that now moderates this awesome place.

I'm really glad to be here, I'm really glad I bought the game and the friends I made here helped me to do things and meet people that I never thought I would had I not been here. I owe a lot to Klei and to everyone here.

I genuinely do not remember why. According to my profile it’s been about 7 years so it’s been quite a while.

I want to say that I joined because I thought it’d be interesting but considering my history of social interaction it doesn’t seem likely I would just join an online community just to talk for fun.

Who knows.

12 hours ago, Rosten said:

Aw heck. I still miss truth tbh.

Me too. He added me on steam where I see him play a few games every now and then, but I guess he just forgot about us all here for now.

to be fair i accidentally was the reason he bricked his computer which made him inactive in the first place, so...

I made a Klei account back when all i had was a pirated copy of Çaves so i could keep tabs on the new updates.

Eventually decided to join the forums, at first to be a helpful guy because helping is nice and it gives me a rise

Now i've dabbled into multiple parts of forum life, and im glad i've spent so.much time with the wonderful family called the Klei Forums.

I want a new start so i move from Starbound forum to here. Always wishing myself to get internet points so that i never doubt myself in the process.

I stalk around during the early year, then met Minespatch and DragonMage, chat with them and starting to get used to the forum.

Time passes, the support my friends in the forum help me a lot in real life, and thanks to them, my english went to D to A+ real quick :D

I still wish i can be better for my friends/family sometimes, i loss too many before i get to enjoy time with them.

Self doubt can be painful.

Here is my story

Spoiler

I knew the game(DS-one love) long ago. I knew that there are forums, but did not dare to go to them, because I was ashamed of myself and my bad English(it is still terrible, I'm still ashamed that you read my wrong sentences). When DST came out with first event The Forge, I began to look for a lot of information, I began attending this place.Later I decided to try my luck, write the idea of the event (Minespatch knows what I'm talking about), then that he was the first person who appreciated my ideas ,wrote nice comments, and today writes them(Minespatch, thank you for everything. And all the rest friends, you, too, thank you). Thanks to you, I realized that I can be myself, you accepted me, you make me happy, I share my drawings here and appreciate your drawings(they are just wonderful)

^_^

I remember joining these forums wanting to download some of the assets from one of the old ONI forums. I wanted to download some of the unimplemented things. I think it was a google search that lead me to the forums. That was when ONI was in early access (maybe slightly after the alpha which I didn't take part of off)

Oddly enough, I had joined on my dog's birthday too

Can't recall what got me to make my first account, but...

Initially started lurking due to trying to find information on the old multiplayer mod that was in the works by a community member with a dragon icon and some name involving a Y and a V that I just can't recall.
This being back in the time that the response to any 'Can Don't Starve to be multiplayer ples?' thread, even on Steam, was a swift boot to the head and yeeting said thread into the abyss of lockedness.

My, how times change.

Archived