What Critter would you like with the Rock Den ?

Sup every QYjhVX7.gif.7db9908be40716d12dd6194358f97340.gif. After looking at the last Game Update, we've all seen this little cute GIF :

Hallowed_nights_2019.gif.642eee7fb125ffdffd5d34ec4cb772da.gif

That's a little sample of the animated short from Hallowed Nights 2019 and I can say I'm really hyped for this event. I just love DST events.

Anyway, look at the end of the GIF, don't y'all want this tiny spider as a critter for real ? :wilson_love: Spiders are one of the most popular creatures of Don't Starve and I think they deserve a critter, and since it's Spooktober I guess it's a good period to think about it !

But what about you ? If you'd want to have a new critter, based on an existing mob, maybe your favourite, or with a potential use like Mothlings, what could it be ?

On my concern, my favourite mob is the Bats, but knowing that they're not very liked in the game and that the Broodling have a bat skin, it's not going to be a thing I guess. Anyway the bat is my spirit animal.

Spoiler

I'm not ****in' all around cave entrance, no.

I wish that every pet was not only mandatory, but every player was forced to have a herd of them following them at any given time. Failure to feed resulting in the player having bass boosted yawls pumped into their headphones.

Or I'd like a fire hound, that'd be cool.

4 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I want them removed from the game.

Or atleast make it so you can pick them up and cook them like rabbits or birds.

You want them edible? Well, you're in luck my friend!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178701386&searchtext=eat+pet

Bon appetit!

As for the OP, I'd love to see a Chester critter. I know it's kind of redundant but I'd love to have a little Chester friend following me wherever I go, whenever I go. I've always wished they added a Chester critter with 4 storage slots so everyone could have their own mini-Chester, but I don't think they want to make a specific critter very useful. They probably only gave the lunar mothling light because it was fitting for what it is (a lunar moth... like the ones from the trees. They glow.)

5 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I want them removed from the game.

Or atleast make it so you can pick them up and cook them like rabbits or birds.

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine, here to give us our daily dose of ultraviolet radiation burns and potential melanoma.

Anyway, the critter I'd like to see? Depths worm. I'd like to have a cute little worm buddy that WON'T try to eat me or my rocks.

I’d be interested in a krampus or klaus inspired little goblin guy. Probably made with the klaus key or something. Maybe if we got super deep, since they seem to be adding a little functionality (ala the glowing moth) the klaus goblin could carry an item or two for you

Parrots and Shoulder Monkeys.. both of which can sit on your shoulder and be told to “fetch” small things for you such as small twigs or grass tufts.

Why? Because I want PIRATE CONTENT in this game... it makes me Angry that Shipwrecked had Pirate Content, DST has boats but no Pirate Content....

I mean I kinda rest my case when I can say that SMITE has cool pirate skins & pirate music and SMITE doesn’t even have freaking boats.. it’s more of a Shooter MOBA type game, DST has boats and sea adventures but no cool pirate outfits & music. :(

5 hours ago, SkylordElberich said:

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine, here to give us our daily dose of ultraviolet radiation burns and potential melanoma.

Anyway, the critter I'd like to see? Depths worm. I'd like to have a cute little worm buddy that WON'T try to eat me or my rocks.

(pff) (falls over laughing) That is the BEST interpretation of the phrase "little ray of sunshine" I have ever heard.  : P

Out of these choices so far, I vote for the lizard one.  Saladmanders are HECKIN' ADORABLE and I've always thought Grass Geckos were weirdly cute too.  Give us a little scalefriend that we don't have to fight a raid boss for!  

...Notorious

A Volt Goat kid pet could be really cute. Yeah, we already have a sheep pet, but goats are their own animal, and they're cool. Maybe Volt Goat kid could act as a portable lightning rod and glow for a little bit after being struck or something, if it's not just cosmetic like other non-moth pets.

I for one am not into this type of stuff, but I admit it has a "market" for sure.

Still would be hilariously dope being able to pick one's pet and cook it :encouragement:

"Hey, where's my lil PoogieWoogie [insert type of pet]?"

"You ate it just now.. PoogieWoogie meatzaabaaalls (Mario Italian accent): made it with tender love for your empty-and-rumbling stomach; and by the looks of, it hit exactly the right spot!" *winks*

*sobbing-but-satiated sounds intensify*

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

I for one am not into this type of stuff, but I admit it has a "market" for sure.

Still would be hilariously dope being able to pick one's pet and cook it :encouragement:

"Hey, where's my lil PoogieWoogie [insert type of pet]?"

"You ate it just now.. PoogieWoogie meatzaabaaalls (Mario Italian accent): made it with tender love for your empty-and-rumbling stomach; and by the looks of, it hit exactly the right spot!" *winks*

*sobbing-but-satiated sounds intensify*

That’s disturbing.. and also completely inaccurate, I have seen plenty of survival movies where a stray dog or something becomes the survivors one and only friend to help guide them through life.

Pets In DST Don’t really do much, but in the real world I’ve seen dogs drag men out of ice ponds after the dumb idiot feel into a lake & nearly froze to death- my point is Don’t hate on/try to eat Pets.. they can quite literally save lives. :(

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s disturbing.. :(

Chill me lil lad, is pixels. DS's about dark humor, and uncompromising tralala.

In that line i would propose when owner gets under 10% hunger, one should be able to pick up le pet and, you know... the last resort.. and cry of a baby Varg, heh. You get 40 hunger back with a tearful-and-broken-soul *GULP*, and a massive sanity penalty, let's say -100 - as you just ate your "bestu friendu" from this harsh dark survival adventure and whatnot, "it's you or me, PoogieWoogie.. and am sure as starvin' hell it won't be me" :chargrined:

*Wilson beard survives yet another day*

32 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Chill me lil lad, is pixels. DS's about dark humor, and uncompromising tralala.

In that line i would propose when owner gets under 10% hunger, one should be able to pick up le pet and, you know... the last resort.. and cry of a baby Varg, heh. You get 40 hunger back with a tearful-and-broken-soul *GULP*, and a massive sanity penalty, let's say -100 - as you just ate your "bestu friendu" from this harsh dark survival adventure and whatnot, "it's you or me, PoogieWoogie.. and am sure as starvin' hell it won't be me" :chargrined:

*Wilson beard survives yet another day*

That would be a great way to turn monster meat into food. Plus it makes you insane. The only real downside here is how much health is lost and the fact you hear a final cry.

Archived