Wendy has a canon age

An artist can draw anything what they wants, stating the age won't stop them , so the topic is meh. no point in discussing it. ( I have seen this in other games too, and even changing their gender , etc)
Artists can draw with those feelings and without them too, and because they can, they have to . Its bound to happen with any game they like, ships too. debating it won't change anything ( not just games tho )

Also .. imagine actually having laws against it
anyways..

This argument tends to form two groups.

Group A believes it is wrong to imprison somebody over a drawing. Society does not gain anything from locking people up for making particular combinations of lines and curves on a piece of paper.

Group B believes that these drawings are sick and that anybody who draws it is sick and should be thrown in jail because it is sick and don't care about what is actually being done to benefit society. In their mind, people who are sick are guilty of being sick and must be persecuted for it.

And then you get the issue of, well... what is their "actual age"? You can just go by what the creator/source material says, but then the tumblr user or whatever just says they "aged them up". Does the fanartist have standing to say they're a different age, and how do they go about proving it? Not to mention the fact that "She's actually a 1,000 year old demon!" stuff exists, so the creator's word can be bunk sometimes.

Whole lot of words devoted to saying "It's incredibly important to sexualize children characters, which is not weird whatsoever." in this thread. It's weird when weebs do it, it's weird in any context. :wilsondisapproving: Just as when people can passionately write essays about their favorite works, they can just as passionately Find It A Tad Strange That people Wanna Sexualize The 8-10 Yearold Little Funi Ghost Having Lass. Out of every character in this game, choosing to 'lewd' the children ones...? C'mon now. I can enjoy a good ol' fashioned Wickerbottoming but if you genuinely look at Wendy or Webber and think "Well, this is just hot." then I think you might wanna reevaluate your priorities.

This thread needs nuked, desperately. This is the last place I thought I'd see the run of the mill "FIKION IS NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL DUHN DO A CRITIZE" spiel. The sooner everyone admits Maxwell is a gorgeous hunk the sooner we can transcend into a new era of unity anyways.

14 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Kind of a creepy reason to have to find out a character’s lore age, but it’s always nice to get some lore (I had thought she was around 15-16). 

Hey at this point, I'm so invested into the game I'll take any lore I can get. Why was maxwell kidnapping people. What could he have possibly said to tempt wicker, wolfgang, and a few other characters to go into the constant. What does Wx do for fun.

38 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

Whole lot of words devoted to saying "It's incredibly important to sexualize children characters, which is not weird whatsoever." in this thread. It's weird when weebs do it, it's weird in any context. :wilsondisapproving: Just as when people can passionately write essays about their favorite works, they can just as passionately Find It A Tad Strange That people Wanna Sexualize The 8-10 Yearold Little Funi Ghost Having Lass. Out of every character in this game, choosing to 'lewd' the children ones...? C'mon now. I can enjoy a good ol' fashioned Wickerbottoming but if you genuinely look at Wendy or Webber and think "Well, this is just hot." then I think you might wanna reevaluate your priorities.

This thread needs nuked, desperately. This is the last place I thought I'd see the run of the mill "FIKION IS NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL DUHN DO A CRITIZE" spiel. The sooner everyone admits Maxwell is a gorgeous hunk the sooner we can transcend into a new era of unity anyways.

You are hereby banned for using the term "Wickerbottoming".

...Why are people acting like this thread needs to be locked? People are treating this thread the way they do when a thread devolves into heated arguments and personal insults, but... no, that's not happening at all. This is just a discussion that you guys don't want to be a part of, and that's okay! You don't have to read every single thread on the forum.

22 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Now we just need someone to teach Wendy that being mean to Glommer is not nice. She is a child after all and children usually have much to learn, so there is time for her to learn that telling Glommer to die is a mean and hateful thing to say. ;.;

"Kill the Glommer! Spill it's blood!"

Okay no seriously before this thread ends up locked I need to know why Gameplay Wise was Wendy suddenly decided to be a 8-10 year old little girl? 

She has some very uhh “questionable” clothing choices in the game to be an 8yr old and does this mean that I should be ashamed in dressing her in short skirts and cut off shirts? Because in my mind I was thinking she was some hot 22yr old blonde, in fact I just naturally assumed every character was in their 20’s-30’s including Willow who carries around a stuffed Teddy Bear.. (Because a grown woman still carrying around a quote “child-hood friend” and sitting fires for fun is decidingly more disturbing then her still being a kid.)

And more importantly if Wendy is 8-10 how damn Old is Wickerbottom?!?! Because I was Also under the impression she was in the 30-50’s range. It’s not like these characters having an actual age even matters.... UNLESS it has some key importance with-in the games story & Gameplay which so far... I have yet to see.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

The more defined a character the more "alive" and real they are. Wendy being clarified as a child is important precisely so people don't think they're a "hot 22yr old blonde". I figure the reason it's particularly important right now is because we're going to be seeing them in animated shorts—the next one, and eventually her own. This will better portray her age, and thus it's important to clarify. 

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The more defined a character the more "alive" and real they are. Wendy being clarified as a child is important precisely so people don't think they're a "hot 22yr old blonde". I figure the reason it's particularly important right now is because we're going to be seeing them in animated shorts—the next one, and eventually her own. This will better portray her age, and thus it's important to clarify. 

Uh huh but people who don’t actually come to these forums OR look up anything about this game ONLINE (like most casual gamers tend to do)

are just thrown into a charming little sandbox world full of cool playable characters with unique abilities to help them survive.

i will repeat myself- What GAMEPLAY and IN-GAME STORY-WISE do these characters having an Age actually matter? (Pretend you bought the game on Xbox live and just decided to start playing it having never seen ANY of Klei’s animated short stories just because IDK maybe because you had Minecraft installed your console suggested DST as a game you might be interested in..)  

what would you do??? What would you know about the game?????

and does it even have a Story at all??

Also should I suddenly go to Mojang and demand to know the story/lore behind its Villagers, Steve & Alex?

Should I suddenly feel BAD for forcing two villagers to Mate??

My points Exactly.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

i will repeat myself- What GAMEPLAY and IN-GAME STORY-WISE do these characters having an Age actually matter?

Story hardly applies to gameplay, apart from thematic direction, so that's not even a question.

For story though, me repeating myself this time, age is a crucial part of what makes up a character. What if I imagined Wilson was 16? Suddenly him being alone in some house is important because where are his guardians? Is that his house? Some run-down house? Parents aren't home? Etc.

Wendy & Webber's similar age helps them get along, for example (along with nicely paired personalities). They're both kids after all.

If you want to act like age is irrelevant then by all means go ahead, but don't make up some hox of an argument.

Imagine any form of story you've ever liked and then pretend the main character was super old or super young.
If you can truthfully say it makes no difference, then I don't know what to tell you. 

How old is Charlie?? Because in the Animated shorts she’s a hot chick Wilson goes Gaga over... but the developers say she’s Winona’s younger Sister.... so how old is Winona?? 

And again- if you just bought the game on Xbox or PS4 you wouldn’t even KNOW THAT, because this game has no in-game story, there is no lore... everything about it is from Made up fanlore or from the developers Animated short stories.. none of which is actually in the game.

should I suddenly feel like a sick pedophile for Role Playing Wilson & Wendy & Willow (among others as the cast of Gilligans island) with Wilson & Wendy being in a romantic RS?

Archived