Wendy has a canon age

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

seems like they want people talking about Wendy.. and more importantly-it confirms the developers themselves  are at least discussing & thinking about Wendy, I just hope they don’t change her text files and make them more childish... because that honor goes to Willow. 

And funny how Willow is not a minor. Btw, if the dev would care what people think, they wouldn't add a "light" option to every building and advertise griefing it on official tralier.

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I thought was literally Wormwood.. but ok 

How dare you.  Wormwood is the most precious character in the entire game.  I do not care at all for your opinion on Wendy or Webber.  Wormwood could, quite literally, do no wrong, and anything you say to try and disprove that is blatantly wrong.  It's not even an opinion, it is a proven fact.  In the comments above, it is shown how Wendy desires nothing but death for all animals.  Wormwood has proven that he cares for the well-being of all animals, and wishes to befriend them all.  Even Webber has a secret hatred deep down for pigs and bunnymen.  Wormwood cannot be evil.  He cannot.

Ok, look. For real. I've been holding this for so long and I know the forums will crucify me for this, maybe lock the thread because of me and possibly even ban me.

Can we just... not hate and shame? There's always some hatred on the forums about Wendy fanart (any of it) for some reason. I don't know where people look for it, but where I've been looking (Steam community hub, artwork section) - it's... actually decent. Maybe everyone's standards are high?

What's wrong? Is it really wrong to express yourself and your likings and let people enjoy doing what they like? Shipping for example - I personally don't ship any characters, but I completely don't mind any ship's existence. Is bullying people for it really the correct thing to do? If you don't like something, how about ignoring it?

Stop comparing fictional characters to real children. That's sick and twisted. They are not one and the same.

What makes Wendy? Or any playable DS character for that matter? Sprite model, animations and written quotes. Pretty sure that's not what real people are made out of. I fail to see why a character's age matters at all. Whether she's 1000, 8 or even less than 1 "year" old, what's the difference?

People keep talking about Wendy lewds, I have NEVER stumbled upon any of it by accident. How is it even a problem and why do people talk about it all the time if you have to go out of your way to even find it?

The "don't lewd Wendy" meme needs to die tbh, it's mostly uncreative and unoriginal, with the exact same punchline over and over, it's never funny.

oh, and I also hate kids irl. they're noisy and annoying and I can't name a single good thing about them.

TL;DR: don't hate and shame fan artists, characters aren't people, wendy lewd meme is lazy, real kids are bad.

Aaaand here comes the confused reaction train.

7 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Ok, look. For real. I've been holding this for so long and I know the forums will crucify me for this, maybe lock the thread because of me and possibly even ban me.

Can we just... not hate and shame? There's always some hatred on the forums about Wendy fanart (any of it) for some reason. I don't know where people look for it, but where I've been looking (Steam community hub, artwork section) - it's... actually decent. Maybe everyone's standards are high?

What's wrong? Is it really wrong to express yourself and your likings and let people enjoy doing what they like? Shipping for example - I personally don't ship any characters, but I completely don't mind any ship's existence. Is bullying people for it really the correct thing to do? If you don't like something, how about ignoring it?

Stop comparing fictional characters to real children. That's sick and twisted. They are not one and the same.

What makes Wendy? Or any playable DS character for that matter? Sprite model, animations and written quotes. Pretty sure that's not what real people are made out of. I fail to see why a character's age matters at all. Whether she's 1000, 8 or even less than 1 "year" old, what's the difference?

People keep talking about Wendy lewds, I have NEVER stumbled upon any of it by accident. How is it even a problem and why do people talk about it all the time if you have to go out of your way to even find it?

The "don't lewd Wendy" meme needs to die tbh, it's mostly uncreative and unoriginal, with the exact same punchline over and over, it's never funny.

oh, and I also hate kids irl. they're noisy and annoying and I can't name a single good thing about them.

TL;DR: don't hate and shame fan artists, characters aren't people, wendy lewd meme is lazy, real kids are bad.

giphy.gif.26b3a27163ed95782bea790f3a22034b.gif

25 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Most "normal" wendy fanart I actually tend to just ignore. Pay no mind to.

There's been a few of these "Wendy Lewds" that have slipped onto the steam artwork section in the past, they have died down to a completely unnoticable crawl though. As far as I can tell. I guess enough of them have been reported and taken down so people don't really post them on there anymore.

I don't shame every wendy fanart, heck I don't mind the really light-hearted meme-y fanart. As in harmless silly fun. That one fanart by @minespatch of the cop wendy and abigail on the beefalo chasing smackswell is a good example of what I'm talking about.

First of all, where was this said canonly?  In a "Sounds Like Play" episode?  I never get the chance to see those.  Can you provide the original link, Szczuku?

Random answers to other things...

1.  Wendy tells a LOT of things to die, or even "suffer".  Glommer just fits in with all the others.

2.  Not all girls think all bugs are icky!  Me, as a kid, I thought the fluffy ones were adorable and would try to show it to people.  I literally had a conversation like this more than once:

ME:  Look!  (showing a bright fuzzy caterpillar on a tree) Isn't it cute?

OTHER GIRL:   EEWW EEWWW EEWW GET IT AWAY EEEWWW!

ME:  But...it's fluffy...

OTHER GIRL: I DON'T CARE IT'S A BUG YOU'RE GROSS GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!

Yeah.

(Did I just show my r/notlikeothergirls "cred"?  Oh, beep.  Didn't mean that.  Well, I don't go around using my "QUERKY"ness as an excuse to _diss_ everyone else, at least.)

3.  Also the sad reaction train.

4.  Where does the Wendy lewdness come from?  I can directly tell you one place, at least:  JOKES!  Or rather, "jokes".  If you've ever been on a public with people you don't know and trust, and anyone there is Wendy, and one of them is a dirty old man or horny teenager, you are absolutely.  GOING.  To start getting allll the creeepy as FORK pedo comments.  I once literally had to boot someone off my server because they wouldn't shut the beep up, even after I warned them repeatedly!  (To be fair, I hadn't TOLD them I was the admin and that world wasn't named  "(My Username)'s World".  I kinda forgot that.)

Spoiler

I was terrified the conversation was gonna eventually reach the point of that _other_ horrible conversation that had escalating more and more dirty jokes, starting with "ha ha but kind of inappropriate", becoming "Okay...that's a bit much, I'm getting uncomfortable..." to "That's ENOUGH.  Knock it the hell off!" and then right before he left, so I couldn't ban him, the dude ended...

with a...oh, how are the YouTubers saying it these days in a desperate grasp to keep monetization?  "Rope" threat.  To the (also female IRL) player..who was playing...Wendy.

I WISH I WAS FROTCHING KIDDING.

Published fanfic, fanart?  Maybe not easy to find.  Complete and utter disgusting creepazoids in the wild?  ALL OVER THE PLACE!

And no!  I don't give a BEEP that Wendy is fictional!  It's still really effing creepy and icky and makes me want to run the beep away from the person saying it!  Now, MOST people who "lewd" cartoon kids _probably_ wouldn't ACTUALLY go after real ones, but...ya know...it's a _leeeeeetle_ too close to be comfortable!  Or, anime/manga fans who prefer "lolis".  SOME OF THEM _DO_ CHASE AFTER THE REAL THING. 

Spoiler

(From one of the...was it r/niceguy posts?  "Well, I failed, but no incel can say I didn't try...I did it.  I actually asked out a 14-year-old.  She asked me how old I am and like an idiot, I forgot and said 30.  She said 'That's bad' and immediately walked away.  I don't get it!  WHY CAN'T I HAVE MY LOLI OF CULTURE???")  Wendy pretty much IS an Elegant Gothic Lolita in her Victorian outfit among others, just saying.  (Although the Lolita _fashion_ thing I don't have as much of a problem with.)

For anybody who doesn't know, "Loli" is short for "Lolita", as in, as Sting puts it, "that book by Nabokov".   You have enough to look it up on your own now.

There are _absolutely_ those who fetishize young fictional children AND have a chance of going after the real ones!  So, keep anything that even _hints_ of it away from me.  Including in chat form on my server.  I will boot the bejeezus out of you.

You can _rationalize_ it being okay all you want, but that just makes me think a lot less of you.  KEEP.  IT.  PRIVATE.  (Well, unless you're doing the real thing in which case TOTALLY be awful at covering your tracks so you can be caught.)  Or preferably not at all.  Don't even sit on a pixel park bench eyeing the anime little girls with bad intent*.  Just don't do it.

...Notorious

*YES I just quoted Jethro Tull in a thread about a game character's age.

YES I do know that that's not what that line literally means and he's using an unfortunately easy-to-confuse slang term that didn't age well past the late '60s/early '70s.  STILL.

34 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

What's wrong? Is it really wrong to express yourself and your likings and let people enjoy doing what they like?

This is the kind of thing you say about people who enjoy one genre of movie over the one you prefer, or like one ice cream flavor more than whichever one is your favorite, or like a videogame that you think is bad. This is not the kind of thing you say about people who enjoy incredibly sexual jokes and drawn sexual images of children.

YES.

I knew you were becoming one of my new favourites for a reason.

There's preferences, and then there's just...sick. "You do you, boo-boo!" ends where Chris Hansen has to invite you in.

Anyway I'm leaving this thread now; I said what I was gonna say and it's depressing me.  Bye.

...Notorious

You guys are getting wayyyyyyyy off topic- the internet is the internet, it’s been that way for over 10 years, and it’ll probably remain that way long after we are all dead. If it exists there is.... (not finishing the rest of that sentence) The Topic is WHY from 2013 till the end of 2019 did they leave Wendy’s Age up for debate?

WHY JUST NOW are we getting an official confirmation about it? Unless it plays into the upcoming Wendy Rework and/or the Animated Hallowed Nights Short.

but that’s just my guess.

1 hour ago, cantbeatdaboss said:

Even Webber has a secret hatred deep down for pigs and bunnymen.

actually in Hamlet he says that he does like them when he isn't getting attacked

2 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Aaand this is what I meant by that lore drop inevitably making these discussions weirder.

Looks like the mob's forming back up. Bonus points!

it is because now that a dev has mentioned it it has been brought back up to the surface

3 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Aaand this is what I meant by that lore drop inevitably making these discussions weirder.

Looks like the mob's forming back up. Bonus points!

I love how the pandora box, the gate of hell, and forbidden tome that cause chaos in the forum is some fiction character age. I'm in tear somewhat by the seriousness of everyone involved.

Oh, it was in a MEME thread? No wonder I didn't see it! I never would've thought to look there, and I don't normally have any even slightly relevant memes to share _myself_, so... 

You'd think something said officially about a main character that people have been speculating about like CRAZY for years and years, said by a dev, would be put somewhere more...dev-ish looking.  Maybe it's just me.

...Notorious

Alright, Before this thread gets locked for... obvious reasons. I wanted to bring up that this information gives us a good idea of when Wendy was taken.

In the William carter puzzles, spesifically puzzle number 3, we can see a letter adressed too William carter from his brother jack. And this letter mentions "The Twins", who we know are Likely wendy and Abigail, due to Occam's razor and Wendy "Feeling an odd kinship with [Maxwell]. We also see the word "May" and knowing that William's trip from England was July of 1901, we can infer that this happened in 1902. 

And according to the an old post by Kevin, we know that the various playable characters where kidnapped between 1910-1921, with 1921 being when Wilson was captured.

now as you might see where I'm going with this, With Wendy's given age of 8-10, that means she could be 0-2 in 1902, meaning that she could have been captured between 1910 and 1912, making her one of, and potentally even the first people captured by Maxwell.

This means that Wendy has been in the constant for about 10 years in the real world. Which considering how much differently time flows... well, perhaps it's best not to think about it.

5 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

This means that Wendy has been in the constant for about 10 years in the real world. Which considering how much differently time flows... well, perhaps it's best not to think about it.

wait a minute this means I was probably riGHT ABOUT THE MENTAL AGE THING HAHAH JESUS CHR--

1 hour ago, SonicDen220 said:

snoop

The reason we dont like wendy lewd is because we dislike the idea of sexualizing a child (or an idea of a child). There's nothing else to it.

Edit: As for turning it into a maymay, it's more to drive the point home, more than anything. Although I admit this isn't the best way to do so.

Its the most comfortable way

Kind of a creepy reason to have to find out a character’s lore age, but it’s always nice to get some lore (I had thought she was around 15-16).  Like said above, it was more than we got for Woodie. 

Does this mean that to get some actual Woodie lore, we need to count on an influx of Werebeaver lewds?? :?:o

17 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Kind of a creepy reason to have to find out a character’s lore age, but it’s always nice to get some lore (I had thought she was around 15-16).  Like said above, it was more than we got for Woodie. 

Does this mean that to get some actual Woodie lore, we need to count on an influx of Werebeaver lewds?? :?:o

I’ll get someone right on that for you. (Joking) but I mean uhh I CAN.

Archived