[Game Update] - 160

Don't Starve Together Update 1.60 - 10/03/2019 (PlayStation 4)

Salty Dog:

Welcome to the brine shoals. Filled with the new salt rock resource, survivors looking to stretch the life of their food with this new spice will need to brave the dreaded Cookie Cutters. And watch out for the Malbatross. Getting on it's bad side will be a weight around anyone's neck.

Facing these new dangers and coming home with the goods will make you a real salty dog!

Key Features:

• The Malbatross is exploring the ocean looking for its next feast.
  • Salt Formations have sprung up in the deep ocean but beware of what else lurks in these briny pools.
  • Preserve your food with Salt Crystals or craft a Salt Box to keep your ingredients fresh.
  • Warly adds a new seasoning spice to his repertoire: Seasoning Salt.
  • Existing worlds will be automatically updated with the new content.

Hallowed Nights will be returning in a couple weeks and with it our Survivors will meet a new friend. We'll have more details soon, but we thought you might enjoy this little sample from our next short. 

Hallowed_nights_2019.gif

Update Notes:

- Hot Springs will now go to their empty state when mined. They will refill when the moon phase changes (matching when the Celestial Fissures change their intensity).
- Added sound effects to the Hot Springs.
- Repaired boat leaks no longer block placing structures.
- Fixed a bug where the boat steering sounds would play indefinitely.
- Fixed drawing on Mini Signs for creatures that can only be picked up once trapped or caught.
- Fixed Wilson’s quotes for inspecting the Portable Crock Pot.
- Fixed a crash when retrofitting worlds with Turn of Tides content.
- Fixed a crash during daily autosave.
- Fixed graphical issues with Nightmare creatures.
- Fixed a crash when Winona's Catapult burns down while the Varg is attacking it.
- Bearger vest’s hunger reduction now works again.
- Incomplete Suspicious Marbles will no longer drop their other piece when minded by non-player characters or creatures.
- Building walls will now test the correct ground position
- Werebeaver can no longer extend the walking plank (This was originally added because the old style werebeaver could easily get stuck on a boat).
- Weremoose can now jump off an extended plank
- Dusk and night ambience are now hooked up.
- Work music changed back to original Autumn.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, LORDEXODIA01 said:

Experiencing crashes since the update at random times. Don’t understand the cause.

same here, the game suddenly kicks me out from time to time, it says the server is not responding.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pebrot said:

same here, the game suddenly kicks me out from time to time, it says the server is not responding.

For me it’s just crashing the whole app. My only guess is that when they tried to fix crashing bugs, it created a new one. I’ve only crashed once prior to this update. I crash every few days now.

Edited by LORDEXODIA01
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Same here, since the new update i frequently crash now and its during different situation every time... Makes it hard to guess what cause the problem :(

You play on PS4? What day are you on? I’m only on day 700 with this current world and I clean up often so no reason for it to crash because of that. I messaged support yesterday and haven’t got a word back yet. I really wish I could just play..

12 minutes ago, LORDEXODIA01 said:

You play on PS4? What day are you on? I’m only on day 700 with this current world and I clean up often so no reason for it to crash because of that. I messaged support yesterday and haven’t got a word back yet. I really wish I could just play..

Yup ps4 too, the crash happens in my world wich is like a day 560 world and it crashes in my girlfriend server too wich is like a day 1100 world. It happen frequently when we were engaging the Malbatross.

2 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Yup ps4 too, the crash happens in my world wich is like a day 560 world and it crashes in my girlfriend server too wich is like a day 1100 world. It happen frequently when we were engaging the Malbatross.

Mine happened during the shadow pieces and when entering my base and one time during hound attack

• Developer

I'd encourage you all to submit your crashes to Sony through the PS4's built in reporter. We do get those reports and they've helped us already track down and fix one crash that occurs during saving/autosaving. Also adding your forum name to the comments along with the report is useful for us to get in touch with you for more information if needed.

2 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

Is the malbatross thing a crash of the game, or just a disconnect? I haven't seen anything like that in the crashes. Please submit it if you are able.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

I'd encourage you all to submit your crashes to Sony through the PS4's built in reporter. We do get those reports and they've helped us already track down and fix one crash that occurs during saving/autosaving. Also adding your forum name to the comments along with the report is useful for us to get in touch with you for more information if needed.

Is the malbatross thing a crash of the game, or just a disconnect? I haven't seen anything like that in the crashes. Please submit it if you are able.

I always report them hopefully gets fixed soon. Game is unplayable atm

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

I'm sending everyone to Sony, with me happens randomly, yesterday after the battle with the malbatross the game crashed when I caught a rock on the ground for example... 

10 minutes ago, LORDEXODIA01 said:
11 minutes ago, LORDEXODIA01 said:

Game is unplayable atm

Unfortunately it is :wilson_cry:

It is a crash, i just get blue screen and i get sent back to my ps4 main menu. I havent reported yet trough sony, but if it happens again i sure will if it can help you guys out :)

The crashes seem to happen randomly for me too, but i got quite a few crashes around the malbatross. It is not "that unplayable" on my side though but it happened around 6 times yesterday night

Keep on the great work guys and thank you for trying to figure out the problem !

Edited by Warlockadamm
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I've played about 10 days since the update and didn't have any issues. I was rolling back during frog rains and everything. No crashes. 

Hopefully you don’t have to experience it 

33 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I've played about 10 days since the update and didn't have any issues. I was rolling back during frog rains and everything. No crashes. 

Are you using a PS4 pro or base ?

2 hours ago, Marco BR said:

I'm sending everyone to Sony, with me happens randomly, yesterday after the battle with the malbatross the game crashed when I caught a rock on the ground for example... 

Unfortunately it is :wilson_cry:

Are you using PS4 pro or base console ?

• Thanks 1