JackJohnsn

Griefing stories: I was called a "remote griefer"

S19TealPenguin    1,494

It's pretty difficult to get accused of griefing when you aren't, so I've never been accused. How would the boat builder have known you were there if you could only see him because of a mod you were using a mod to extend your view?

• Like 3

Sweaper    82

"Do you have any proof? (...) No? Then STFU be quiet". My story whenever someone try me.

• Thanks 1

JackJohnsn    138
13 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

It's pretty difficult to get accused of griefing when you aren't, so I've never been accused. How would the boat builder have known you were there if you could only see him because of a mod you were using a mod to extend your view?

Probably because of that player indicator you see when a player is near xD Tell us your memorable story!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mrklli    656

I personally have not been accused of griefing but a friend of mine, who I regularly play with on a voice chat, has. We were on a public server, built a nice camp together, it was day 100+ or something and a bunch of people joined there the same time. It was a pretty normal group of newbs, they came to camp, were helpless, emptied the ice box and run around with nothing to do. They still seemed nice enough so we tolerated it. Some of them left the camp and soon they returned chased by a varg. We were like ok, let's fight it, c'mon could these newbs at least do something and not just stand there. They waited until there was only one person alive and rest of us were ghosts, then the last one hammered the ice flingomatic and set everything on fire. We kicked him and voted for rollback, there was some hassle with the votes but we succeeded. Sadly the the last save point was in middle of the varg-fight but me and some others were still alive, so I decided to lure the varg away from the camp and give others some time to get back on their feet again. After all the grief was kicked, right? In a couple of minutes an enormous s**tstorm breaks in. One of the remaining players started yelling the camp's on fire again and he saw my friend did it which really is ridiculous because he wasn't in the camp at all and wouldn't do such a thing anyway. I don't remember all the details but it turned out to one of those Your mama's stupid -fights. Eventually we managed to talk the others over and we kicked the second troll and again a rollback. Then we managed to play a few days with no problems. But who would have guessed: there was a third one. Long story short we kicked them also. Is it really that fun to ruin others game?

Edited by Mrklli

__IvoCZE__    6,155

I griefed a base at a Klei pub as a maxwell and nobody suspected a thing despite me doing it a screen away from the players.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

JackJohnsn    138
12 hours ago, Biscuitbite said:

What are your thoughts on this forum post?

I just wanna ask you a very simple question. A guy that has 2500 hours of gameplay, sets a course to burn some other guy ( who also has thousands of hours of gameplay ) RIGHT in front of his eyes and then doesn't even get kicked, instead comes right to Klei forums and posts a fake story about it.

How does that sound to you? Including that you've read the chat log.

• Confused 1

Demonblink    10
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

I just wanna ask you a very simple question. A guy that has 2500 hours of gameplay, sets a course to burn some other guy ( who also has thousands of hours of gameplay ) RIGHT in front of his eyes and then doesn't even get kicked, instead comes right to Klei forums and posts a fake story about it.

How does that sound to you? Including that you've read the chat log.

I don't have any hard feelings towards you, @JackJohnsn, as I still believe that you are not so bad person and you are a really good player. Maybe you have some little hang-ups but, after all, who doesn't?

If you are asking why I didn't start the kicking vote? Then it's simple from my point of view: why would anyone start a vote to kick the player who was unfriendly just towards him while being friendly and helpful to others? I still wonder what did I do wrong to provoke such a reaction towards me? If I've ever done something wrong to you then I sincerely apologize.

Edited by Demonblink
Figuring out how the @mention feature works.
  • Like 1

JackJohnsn    138
5 minutes ago, Demonblink said:

I don't have any hard feelings towards you, @JackJohnsn, as I still believe that you are not so bad person and you are a really good player. Maybe you have some little hang-ups but, after all, who doesn't?

If you are asking why I didn't start the kicking vote? Then it's simple from my point of view: why would anyone start a vote to kick the player who was unfriendly just towards him while being friendly and helpful to others? I still wonder what did I do wrong to provoke such a reaction towards me? If I've ever done something wrong to you then I sincerely apologize.

I wasn't looking for an argument, that's why I didn't take or post any screenshots, chat log, etc. I just had fun with that incidence and posted it here, and judging by other people's comments I guess they had a laugh too. But you wanted to turn it into drama.

Anyway, if you remember that game I didn't even come close to you the entire game except for mapping ( which turned into a disaster ), so I'd say if there's any discussion about hard feelings/doing something wrong/etc, I guess we should use the forum's chat since I don't think others are interested in reading other people's personal stuff.

• Like 1

Demonblink    10
5 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

I wasn't looking for an argument, that's why I didn't take or post any screenshots, chat log, etc. I just had fun with that incidence and posted it here, and judging by other people's comments I guess they had a laugh too. But you wanted to turn it into drama.

I also didn't want to turn this into the drama as I didn't know your intentions in the first place. I believe that I didn't say anything bad about you or how "unfriendly" your behaviour was the whole game towards me. I just wanted to point out an alternative perspective with full respect to the story where you were so "aggressively" stated that I didn't have a Lightning Rod.

I think we both understand what the words "unfriendly" and "aggressively" mean in the current context. However, as I have already mentioned, I don't have any hard feelings towards you and never will. I do sincerely believe that you are not so bad a person after all and I do apologize if I have brought you some inconvenience.

5 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

Anyway, if you remember that game I didn't even come close to you the entire game except for mapping ( which turned into a disaster ), so I'd say if there's any discussion about hard feelings/doing something wrong/etc, I guess we should use the forum's chat since I don't think others are interested in reading other people's personal stuff.

Yes, I fully remember that game and it seems that our opinions differ here. But in the end, does it matter? After all, It's just a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1