WHY CAN'T I PUT BEEFALO ON BOATS

14 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's not that. The marble pieces and moon altar parts are irreplaceable, so if they manage to sink then they'll just wash back up on the nearest shore. You can observe this in-game really easily by just spawning them on water with the console.

This. Also your new pfp is adorable.

I vaguely recall a dev in the initial update post involving it saying that it was because they didn't want the marble pieces and such on boats.
Would make sense if you consider public servers; even if they can't sink, someone grabbing a marble piece, rowing out to the ends of the earth with it on safely on their boat and logging out, leaving the other players to wonder where it might be in the vast ocean, isn't...a desirable situation.

Could be fixed by marking the pieces on the map after any player has picked them up at least once (functionally this is totally doable), but I don't remember that idea coming up in the post, so it might be something to suggest to a dev.

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's not that. The marble pieces and moon altar parts are irreplaceable, so if they manage to sink then they'll just wash back up on the nearest shore. You can observe this in-game really easily by just spawning them on water with the console.

Oh alright, didn't know that they were irreplaceable, but anyway taking them on a boat that could be anywhere on the map with such a key piece to finishing something might be a reason as well

15 hours ago, maradyne said:

I vaguely recall a dev in the initial update post involving it saying that it was because they didn't want the marble pieces and such on boats.
Would make sense if you consider public servers; even if they can't sink, someone grabbing a marble piece, rowing out to the ends of the earth with it on safely on their boat and logging out, leaving the other players to wonder where it might be in the vast ocean, isn't...a desirable situation.

That's just super-funny. One, who kills a dragon, becomes a dragon!

The trolls have already won w/o doing anything! They made devs ban beefalos from boats! The devs defeated trolls and became trolls themselves.

Lets be honest. Marble/moonaltar stealing etc is a silly reason to ban beefalos. 

You can make beefalo drop marble/moonaltar parts before jumping to boat.

Thus making those unique/irreplacable items impossible to be stolen/hidden on world edge boat.

Archived