What Ideas/Tweaks do you have for the game?

I'm pretty sure we all have ideas/tweaks we want to be put into the game. Some are reasonable, some are that Webber huddling in the corner with 3 Sanity, but regardless I've always found it interesting to hear what other people think about DST. (Because I like it and have over 1,000 hours help.) I'll start, I propose a astonishing, world breaking, lore shattering change.

Butterfly Wings should be classified as meat.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Some random ideas I'm spitballing

Tamed Beefalo can now go underground

Tamed beefalo also count as insulation when being ridden. (Think puffy vest)

F̶r̶u̶i̶t̶ ANYTHING grown from farms now sometimes grow in pairs/triplets(rare) to beef them up(some exceptions, mainly dragonfruit and still only blooms in ones, sometimes two max)

You can dig up that (ugly) road turf that naturally spawns in the world

Thulicite club now has 300 durability (compared to dark swords 100)

Lazy explorer does not disappear when used up (cannot be refueled) allowing you to have an extra fancy walking cane without that tela poof prompt.  Maybe the jewel goes dark to signify the fuel has run out?

Multiple items of the same type within half a turf unit of each other will now attempt to stack with each other offscreen after a few days (helps reduce clutter/lag especially from grass gecko farms/random rot and manure)

Wortox can heal the beefalo he is riding on (did they ever patch this)

Everyone loses 10 sanity every time wilson says a pun/"joke"

Frogs now swallow mosquitoes/birds/bees.

Willows mixtape now overcharges Wx78 and burns down dragonflys arena

On 28/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, BoySyrup said:

I'm pretty sure we all have ideas/tweaks we want to be put into the game. Some are reasonable, some are that Webber huddling in the corner with 3 Sanity, but regardless I've always found it interesting to hear what other people think about DST. (Because I like it and have over 1,000 hours help.) I'll start, I propose a astonishing, world breaking, lore shattering change.

Butterfly Wings should be classified as meat.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

i  think that butterflies wings are pretty op without being meat

Treeguards should have a more dynamic fight (poison trees, for example, have one of my favorites fighting mechanic in this game). Its one of the elders boss in the game, needs a little of love.

some ingredients should have more recipes to be used (like bee's stings being used in boat patch, before just decorating the bees areas)

More kind mobs in Constant, some places are pretty empty

Better world editing. Like if you put more cactis they will grow in dessert, not everywhere. Also i will apreciate more options (like difficult, hp boss options, archipielago from Story mode, etc)

I play with friends and alone so i would like some single player drop from antlion. Not strong, just something to make the fight worth it

Dragonfly its a little boring to fight... maybe some change in his atacks repertory (low damage fire atacks for example)

Insects from hamlet and his repertory of weapons and armors

talking about weapons.. more weapons and armors (usesful weapons and armors i mean (f*ck marble suit xD)). I get tired of: Spear firsts days>hambat whan alchemist engine>dark sword when i dont care to low my sanity.. With armor there is less things to choose. Im not talking about better weapons, just another recipes for similar weapons or weapons with different effects (cat o' nine tails are cool mechanic but to be honest i never craft this weapon even when i had fully stacks of the materials required)

Edit: I almost forguet, I WANT A PAUSE BUTTOM PLS

On 9/28/2019 at 1:38 AM, Brago-sama said:

Lazy explorer does not disappear when used up (cannot be refueled) allowing you to have an extra fancy walking cane without that tela poof prompt.  Maybe the jewel goes dark to signify the fuel has run out?

Honestly I'd rather the lazy explorer revert back to a walking cane again after it runs out.

I just want stingers, hound teeth, steel wool and every other relatively useless and/or ridiculously abundant item to have more uses. More recipes requiring them or the existing recipes requiring more of them. I would gladly use 10 hound teeth per tooth trap, I end up drowning in my hound tooth stacks on every server I play on.

Also I think vanilla beefalo domestication sucks. It's hard enough when you play on a private server with friends dedicating themselves to the quest. It takes forever. And your not done yet, after all that hard work you still have to keep your beef domesticated. It somehow works, but public servers and domesticated beefalo just don't work out at all. All you need to do is disconnect for a while so you can get some sleep and when you return your companion has untamed themself and been eaten. Ain't that nice.

I'm not sure what should be done to change it but right now I just don't get myself pet beefalos on public servers, which is a pity.

1 hour ago, Mrklli said:

I'm not sure what should be done to change it but right now I just don't get myself pet beefalos on public servers, which is a pity.

agreed

- Get rid of the un-taming process.

- Put some system to acknowledge a player is its "master" more than others.

- Make mounted animals leave the server with you if you're the master.

- Allow going down to caves with them.

- Make the salt lick directly repairable with mouse 2 and nitre.

- More saddles, preferably related to shadow and moon stuff.

- Give tamed fatty tendency a +400/min sanity aura.

- Make grass bedrolls edible to beasts, filling their hunger at 100%.

- A new tendency that involves the gorge beefalo build.

- Make koalefant tameable.

- Give tamed koala no tendency but instead base 100 damage but attack period 2. Make it grow slightly longer horns to show its tamed.

- Give tamed summer koala the shelter tag and tamed winter koala a small heater aura. A brushing should give poop rather than hair.

What this game really needs is more biomes and creatures.... they could port over the jungle biomes with the Snakes & wild Apes from Shipwrecked, the walking piranha plants from Hamlet, Volcanic Biomes with The Magma Golems from that limited time Forge Event, they could even bring some of those ugly mutated frogs from their other game Griftlands over into DST giving creatures sort of a “Pokémon” style Evolution table.. 

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

port over

All of my this.
There's so much content designed for the game, presently going unused. So much development that got left behind in Single Player. Items, equipment, mob designs, attack patterns, world features...so much that could be implemented together for a cohesive experience.
A really cohesive, structured worldgen overhaul is one of my dreams for this game.

Cohesion in general, though.
The game is largely compartmentalized; ie, new and old content rarely interact. Content introduced tends to be 'self-contained'.
Worldgen overhaul could help with that, but I feel work would need to be done to crafting, player mobility, and quite a few other things for the contents of the game to feel less sudden, random, and disconnected from one-another.

I’m not sure everyone understands what I mean when I say Pokémon style evolution table.. or even if Pokémon is even the same thing it was back when I played Red/Blue/ Yellow on my old gameboy system (yeah those are seriously the only ones I’ve played.. outside of Stadium & Snap on N64) but to Elaborate:

Pokemon had stages of Evolution which made there creatures into more Powerful versions of their former selves, ill just use my all time favorite Charizard as an Example: Charizard started out as a low level lizard named Charmander very weak and not that great- Charmander evolves into Charmeleon, gaining some new abilities and becoming stronger- in his final stage.. Charmeleon evolves into Charizard a big fearsome dragon that I used to complete the entire game with all those years ago.. but anyway..

I look at Don’t Starve in the same way.. well to be more exact- I look at INSANITY in DS The same way..  we should start out with a low level harmless insanity creature- and over time to more insane we become, the bigger.. meaner, uglier, and more dangerous it gets.

so in that context let’s pretend the first stage of Insanity is a Shadow Mandrake that follows you around hopping up and down doing nothing, then it evolves to the crawling horror, terrorbeak etc... until finally at full on lowest insanity your fighting some huge ugly boss that can’t be beaten EVER and the only way to live is to “reduce insanity levels”

My biggest thing is that I want the boss fights to be more exciting. Right now, most are long and boring, and people defeat bosses through exploits or kiting for all eternity.

I want exciting bosses where they change forms/difficulties as the fight progresses, and where there's certain things you have to do during the fight to survive and win. Like: destroying creatures/objects that the boss spawns; dodging slow projectiles that the boss throws; having to fight in an arena-type environment for raid bosses that have different types of hazards. These are just random ideas I'm spitting out. Please, make the fights less boring!

2 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

My biggest thing is that I want the boss fights to be more exciting. Right now, most are long and boring, and people defeat bosses through exploits or kiting for all eternity.

I want exciting bosses where they change forms/difficulties as the fight progresses, and where there's certain things you have to do during the fight to survive and win. Like: destroying creatures/objects that the boss spawns; dodging slow projectiles that the boss throws; having to fight in an arena-type environment for raid bosses that have different types of hazards. These are just random ideas I'm spitting out. Please, make the fights less boring!

why not just fix the exploits then lol

26 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Then it would still be boring from kiting in a boss fight all day.

do you mean the seasonal bosses or the big boys like dragon or queen

cuz maybe I'm really bad but the "raid" ones are pretty good at beating up people when there isn't a wall maze blocking off all of their abilities.

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

do you mean the seasonal bosses or the big boys like dragon or queen

cuz maybe I'm really bad but the "raid" ones are pretty good at beating up people when there isn't a wall maze blocking off all of their abilities.

I'm talking about pretty much all the bosses.

Archived