What games have you been playing?

ImDaMisterL

7 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Before I let her start watching me play this, anything I should be aware that might be too gruesome or gory later on? 

Gruesome? I guess the gruz mother is pretty violent, the original Hollow Knight stabs himself... I need a definition over what is considered Gruesome.:wilson_shocked:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Gruesome? I guess the gruz mother is pretty violent, the original Hollow Knight stabs himself... I need a definition over what is considered Gruesome.:wilson_shocked:

Basically just no explicit gore. We watch a lot of action shows for kids so she's good with implied violence and death, but I don't want some terrfying visual to traumatize her.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Off-topic but your 2.75 year old can talk? Dang my 3.5 year old brother can't really talk or ask questions yet haha.

I'm about to Dad out. 

Dude. Her vocabulary is insane. She's been talking since she was one and has gotten a lot of practice since. We watch a lot of TV/Movies and read multiple books every night so she has constant learning opportunities. The most impressive thing about her, imo, is her capacity for comedy and lying. She already makes intentional jokes and can craft a believable lie and commit to it with tons of details. Really amazing. Have kids people. It's the absolute best. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

On 11/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

100% understand. I had a similar experience too. Just ring that bell if you need!

I know some of you will appreciate this. By my 2.75 year old's suggestion we downloaded Hollow Knight tonight. Played about 30 mins and she was invested the whole time. She even asked if we could play more tomorrow. Before I let her start watching me play this, anything I should be aware that might be too gruesome or gory later on? 

spoilers for 2 areas

Spoiler

Theres these areas and they might be considered too creepy I don't know though. Mainly just a lot of corpses in hollow knight. 452498126_ScreenShot2020-11-12at3_06_38PM.thumb.png.4194381b7f1643fd65de82036f23d7e5.png392577185_ScreenShot2020-11-12at3_04_21PM.thumb.png.d64bace99998deb2e49bed2e3b917506.png

• Thanks 2

i never even knew this thread existed.how?i don't really know 

got hades recently (very fun and worth the money)

been also playing PvZ whenever im bored(im pretty bad at the game tho)

ive mainly just been going back to old games to play them again

you know games like shovel knight,terraria,EtG,etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHollowKnight said:

spoilers for 2 areas

Reveal hidden contents

Theres these areas and they might be considered too creepy I don't know though. Mainly just a lot of corpses in hollow knight. 452498126_ScreenShot2020-11-12at3_06_38PM.thumb.png.4194381b7f1643fd65de82036f23d7e5.png392577185_ScreenShot2020-11-12at3_04_21PM.thumb.png.d64bace99998deb2e49bed2e3b917506.png

That's exactly what I was looking for. Image 1 would be a problem. Image 2 not so much. Where is the first area so I can do that while she's not around? 

22 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Where is the first area so I can do that while she's not around? 

i would say pretty far into the game maybe 5-10 hours into the game?

somebody correct me if im wrong

EDIT question for you @NSAiswatchingus.is your daughter scared of any gloomy stories?(because a lot of the mini stories in hollow knight end with a character dying) 

also some areas can be seen as a bit scary.not because of any blood or gore or any jumpscares but because of the atmosphere so do whatever you want with that info

Edited by stranger again
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, stranger again said:

EDIT question for you @NSAiswatchingus.is your daughter scared of any gloomy stories?(because a lot of the mini stories in hollow knight end with a character dying) 

also some areas can be seen as a bit scary.not because of any blood or gore or any jumpscares but because of the atmosphere so do whatever you want with that info

Since Halloween 2019 she has been ALL about spooky stuff. She loves ghosts, ghouls, spiders, creatures, etc. 

She's watched every animated Don't Starve video that's come out and hasn't had a problem. Those almost always have dark twists. If it's all doom and gloomy I think it'll be right up her slightly concerning alley. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Since Halloween 2019 she has been ALL about spooky stuff. She loves ghosts, ghouls, spiders, creatures, etc. 

She's watched every animated Don't Starve video that's come out and hasn't had a problem. Those almost always have dark twists. If it's all doom and gloomy I think it'll be right up her slightly concerning alley. 

wow.......the children of this generation are weird:lol:

• Haha 1

returning to flash games as much as possible before support for them dies at the end of the year.

Going back to memory lane playing games like:

- Age of war / Age of war 2

- cursed winds

- commando / commando 2

- heli attack 3

- the original Henry Stickmin Games

- sift heads

- xiao xiao

- heck, so many more games on stickpage i fail to mention

- territory war

- The Battle

- some games from Nitrome like Canary and Mutiny etc.

hopefully some of them get ported to Unity like what Nitrome is planning to do iirc but it seems like without flash support many of these games will be gone...

...although Flashpoint is doing an awesome job of saving said games. I found Age of Speed, which had been unplayable since 2014, on flashpoint, along with lots of the aforementioned games.

• Like 1

I've been playing Among Us recently, I also tried playing Portal, but I had to stop because the camera spinning made me queasy. I've also been looking at other Klei games like Mark of the Ninja, Griftlands, ONI, Hot Lava, as well as a non-Klei game, Hollow Knight, but I dont have money so I can't play them.

• Like 1

MARK OF THE NINJA!!!!!!

so got mark of the ninja remastered.i was a HUGE stealth fan a while back but because of the lack of stealth games (from what ive seen)i just kinda went on to play other games 

BUT GODDAMN is mark of ninja amazing.i could go on about how great the game is but the reviews speak for themselves 

anyways also got slime rancher.fun and tame game meant more for relaxation and personally i like it 8.5/10

also got hollow knight for ps4 even tho i already have it on my laptop .why you might ask?because team cherry deserve the money and i really wanted the platinum trophy for the game on my collection10/10 

also got EtG(enter the gundgeon)don"t have much to say expect that i also wanted the platinum trophy for this game 9.5/10

and lastly i got hamlet.haven't played it much but from my small time with the dlc i gotta say its pretty good.

oh yeah also got portal knights but ive barely played it so no real opinion yet

anyways i got all these games because of the playstation indies sale 

well hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world

• Like 1

I haven't been playing much lately, but I'm waiting for more Subnautica Below Zero updates, I'm fascinated by sea creatures even though they scare me, it's like, an astronomer looking at the stars, but in this case it's a teenager who will surely drown in the ocean.

I would also like to have a yoyo, I think they are very cool!

• Like 1

I finally cracked into my SNES mini and figured out how to add any SNES game I want to it. I've been smashing the foot clan with my daughter in TMNT Turtles in Time and will introduce her to Chronotrigger tomorrow!

Edit update: I've defeated The Hollow Knight. On to the end end game!

Edited by NSAiswatchingus

Borderlands the pre-sequel is my current poison of choice. You may say "But Wumpus. it's the pre-sequel. We should burn you at the stake for saying it's better than the second game"

Let me tell you, mon ami. A good shotgun with livin' on the edge and constantly hovering at low health. Fannin' the hammer on fools with Surprise? Stabilize! to keep my aim true. Load n' splode for massive explosive damage, which EVERY bullet shot out of my gun has a 35% chance of dealing explosive damage, even if it's not a Torgue. Get some subroutines for turning my SMG into a sniper rifle that unloads the entire clip into one poor, unfortunate Scav. Oh, and did I mention when you can turn into a PIRATE SHIP and shoot ROCKETS out of your face that deal on-level damage with for the rarest ammo type in the game?

...then griftlands, nuclear throne, and i'm trying to get into cave story.