What games have you been playing?

ImDaMisterL

On 5/20/2020 at 4:25 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

With no other games to play, hardware being lacking and money even mpre so I've downloqded copies of Zuma, PvZ and Dynomite to pass the time.

Hell yeah!  Nothing wrong with playing a good ol' action-puzzley game.  Heck, a couple years ago during the Steam Christmas sale, I got this _big_ pack of PopCap games that would normally have been $100...for $10.  Yes, you read that correctly. It was NINETY PERCENT off!  I hope they do that again sometime, so other people can take advantage of it.  Among other stuff, the PopCap collection I got has both Zumas, Plants vs. Zombies, Astropop and all the Bejeweleds.  ALL OF THEM (except Blitz, but I don't care about that one, so...).  _Great_ stuck-in-quarantine-and-bored-out-of-your-mind timewasters!  Except that time you enjoy wasting was not actually wasted, of course.  :)

On 7/27/2020 at 5:04 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Do mobile games count? Cos I've been playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp for a few months now and just recently got State of Survival.

Of course they do! As you can see, since I just talked about how much _I_ love certain "casual games".  I mean, I'm still into a lot of Flash games (that are...going away...in only a few months...sniff!) and a lot a LOT of them, have been turned into mobile games after the fact, so...

Oh!  By the way, PSA here:  If anybody else is sad about this, look up Flashpoint.  It's this huge Flash preservation project that has been going already for a couple years or so, and not all but MOST of my fave Kongregate games, for example, have already been saved.  It's kind of a pain to set up but if _I_ could get it working on my semi-brick computer with Windows 7 and a wimpy monitor, you might be able to as well.  I've been playing stuff like the older Bloons tower defense games, the Arkandia/Protector stuff by Undefined, and Cyclomanics lately, to cheer myself up. 
And yes, it's all absofraggin'lutely free.

...Notorious

i may check out if Flashpoint has Insectinator or The Gun Game on it, to relive my childhood, moreso with gungame, insectinator is more so early adulthood cuz i played it in highschool. 

as for other games, been playing Even MORE depth because of the Tales of the void event, which, to be fair, added in the big tail thresher, so its not just an event to build up tokens for skins,

i've also been playing Grounded, Neon Abyss, Post Void (Which i recommend if you have no problems with flashing lights because it's got em in spades) Risk Of Rain 2 since it got its 1.0 update, i've been trying to play VTOL VR, but it seems to run kinda slow, also i got sucked into Fall Guys because it looks pretty goofy, and i'm not one to shy away from goofy games.

Edited by Weavilemeinfep

I've actually been meaning to get another storage drive for my pc, so I can perhaps have more at one time, but besides that, I've been playing...

• The Long Drive, which i like, despite not being interested in cars,
  • Dread X 2, which I actually like more than Dread X 1
  • SCAR, which despite loving it, is far FAR from a finished game, which kinda makes sense, seeing as its in early access
  • ULTRAKILL, which I cannot put into words, how much I love it.
  • Factorio, which just grabs any point of free time from you
  • BPM: Bullets Per Minute, which I found amazing
  • Thief Sim, which is pretty nifty,

I also tried Among Us which I found to be,

kinda lackluster, don't get me wrong, its not bad by any chance, it's just that I feel like i was spoiled by games like Deceit and TTT, don't get me wrong, i adore the artstyle, its just that i might have been playing the game wrong or something.

It's an older game, but lately I've been in the mood for a good ol' dungeon crawler, so I've been playing "Dungeons of Dredmor".  It's pretty funny, you can customise your character out the yin-yang rather than pick from set fantasy classes, and it's pretty satisfying to play.  At the moment I have the "Promethean Magic" skillset and it's seriously fun watching the baby dragon thing I summoned just wander off and kill stuff for me.  : P

(Promethean magic = Prometheus is the guy who brought fire to humanity in Greek mythology, so the spells are all about FLAMES.  You'd think I picked this on purpose because of my Willow-main-ness, but no, I actually randomised my character this time.  Lol.)

...Notorious

• Like 2

I've been getting myself into (guess what) another Depth event, this time its Hadal Horror for Spoopy month, and speaking of which, ive been playing some of the Puppet Combo/Torture Star games, specifics are Scary Tales Vol.1, which is Puppet Combo's own Dread x/ V/h/s /anthrology type things, but with P.C's own games that were originally only obtanible if you gave his Patreon like $5/10, but ever since Scary tales 1 came out, 4 patreon exclusive games (Riverside Incident, Spiders, Feed Me Billy, and Night Shift; or act 1 of Stay Out Of The House) became inclusive to those who had an Itch.io, The Enigma/Horror Of Salazar House, which is pretty great and unique, and im not even the biggest fans of point and click games, and Samhain, cuz it was not expensive with the bytes, unlike if you were to get it outside of the deal,

ive also been playing Roboquest, Falcon Age, Going Under, Barotrauma, all of them are great, 

but the star, has to be Doom 2, moreso because of GZDoom, God damn its just beautiful, i just highly recommend Doom 2, ONLY FOR GZDOOM, its that good

• Like 1

Honestly and rather ironically the game that I’m playing most lately actually IS DST.. but the other games outside of DS have been Apex Legends, Red Dead Redemption 2, State of Decay 2, Plants Vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville, Spelunky, I also find myself really enjoying Rocket Arena and Rocket League.

In fact- I think I only have 46 games installed on My Xbox right now, even though I have like over 400 in my Ready to be Installed tab and 2TB of free storage: I find myself still often deleting and forgetting about games that I no longer have any interest in playing.. I may come back to those games someday and reinstall but for now they just collect digital dust in my ready to be installed tab.

So a game that MAKES my Selective very picky list and more importantly manages to STAY on that list- are games I consider very high up in fun factor and near endless entertainment values.

17 hours ago, Lunabuns said:

other than dst with friends, i’ve been playing bloodborne solo. just got the dlc on the halloween sale for ps4 and i’ve been having fun with that. 

Well hello good Hunter. If you need help on those fights, mainly Ludwig, let me know. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN. I could stand a visit back to Yharnam. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to a cheesing thread on steam, I figured out how to continue Aegis Defenders on single player. Looking forward to finishing that game.

With some help, I might try to tackle Amnesia the dark descent once someone helps me figure out how to get rid of the shaky cam. I had to stop due to my stomach not letting me play. same problem with Ex-com the Bureau and Hot Lava. Want to play these games but I have horrible burping seasons and a ton of pepto bismo. :wilsondisapproving:

Lethis: Path of progress was a mediocre city builder with a horrible tutorial. I had to unistall it a few days later due to me not feeling progress while playing. Should probably just get back into Prison architect for a better experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Well hello good Hunter. If you need help on those fights, mainly Ludwig, let me know. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN. I could stand a visit back to Yharnam. 

thank you for the offer, but i’m just on my first blind playthrough right now and i want to complete it solo before anything. the reason for that is because i tried playing it with a couple of friends to begin with and we breezed through until father gascoigne no problem. we stopped playing after that and i put an ssd card into my ps4 then lost my save so i started playing it solo to catch up to them. gotta say, it was way more satisfying to kill gascoigne solo than when we did it as a group. i’ve just been playing solo after that. still haven’t beaten the main game yet. killed micolash then jumped to the dlc. i got ludwig and i’m just exploring the area after that now.

tl;dr

thanks, but maybe we can hunt together after my first playthrough!

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Lunabuns said:

thank you for the offer, but i’m just on my first blind playthrough right now and i want to complete it solo before anything. the reason for that is because i tried playing it with a couple of friends to begin with and we breezed through until father gascoigne no problem. we stopped playing after that and i put an ssd card into my ps4 then lost my save so i started playing it solo to catch up to them. gotta say, it was way more satisfying to kill gascoigne solo than when we did it as a group. i’ve just been playing solo after that. still haven’t beaten the main game yet. killed micolash then jumped to the dlc. i got ludwig and i’m just exploring the area after that now.

tl;dr

thanks, but maybe we can hunt together after my first playthrough!

100% understand. I had a similar experience too. Just ring that bell if you need!

I know some of you will appreciate this. By my 2.75 year old's suggestion we downloaded Hollow Knight tonight. Played about 30 mins and she was invested the whole time. She even asked if we could play more tomorrow. Before I let her start watching me play this, anything I should be aware that might be too gruesome or gory later on? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2