What games have you been playing?

ImDaMisterL

• Developer

Hey peeps, how's everyone doing today?

I wanted to know what kind of games you guys have been sinking your time on nowadays, Klei or no Klei. Hollow Knight, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Celeste are my current addictions in order of priority.

I always heard great things about Hollow Knight, and metroidvanias are a genre I'm interested in, but I never had the money or enough motivation to get it. Thank the heavens for my gf though, she provided and I fell in love with it! I've been streaming it to her and she's been giving me tips. So far, 10/10

Puyo Puyo Tetris is Tetris, but witb Puyo Puyo. I could honestly care less about the latter, but hey, Tetris!

Celeste is my current favorite. It's an amazing platformer with great mechanics and visuals. Seriously, if you haven't tried it out, you really should. Challenging, but rewarding.

But that's enough about me, let me hear your stories!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Team Fortress 2, Hot Lava and Don't Starve Together are the games I play the most now. I am probably goint to play more of Ducktales Remastered to get all of the in-game stuff and achievements. Waiting for the last part to be added to Black Mesa. Might play some of the Batman games I have at some point soon.

• Like 6
  • Ninja 1

dont starve: hamlet is currently what i spent most time playing, but i never visit the pig town. i dont like the pig town. i hate the pig town. KLEI, PLEASE DELETE THE PIG TOWN!

cs:go: not much, but sometimes.

Minecraft: im currently building my own woodland mansion, which has taken many hours and a LOT of birch wood / dark oak wood.

i usually play dst and oxygen not included, but i havent played those for some time now.

• Like 5

Aside from my favorites - DS, DST, Stronghold Crusader and Smash  Flash 2, I play emulator games like Pokemon Emerald, Mother 3, Earthbound, Metal Gear 1, Metal Slug Advance, Kidou Senshi Gundam Destiny Battle Assault and Pokemon Platinum, among others.

I also recently got back into Minecraft and shall attempt to rebuild my now-deleted mod collection.... if only ICBM was compatible with Galacticraft...

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Like 5
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer
9 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

I am probably goint to play more of Ducktales Remastered to get all of the in-game stuff and achievements

Gotta love this game! I should probably get it for my Xbox one day.

9 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Minecraft: im currently building my own woodland mansion, which has taken many hours and a LOT of birch wood / dark oak wood.

Oh yeah, Minecraft has also been gaining more attention from me! It's just really fun and nostalgic.

4 hours ago, I_Link_I said:

but right now i also play some Anno1800,BeamNG.drive and Stoneheart.

I've never heard of those before! How do they play out? 0-0

4 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I play emulator games like Pokemon Emerald, Mother 3, Earthbound, Metal Gear 1, Metal Slug Advance, Kidou Senshi Gundam Destiny Battle Assault and Pokemon Platinum, among others.

Woah, only the good stuff. I see you're a man of culture as well. Now I want to replay these classics...

2 hours ago, Xenologist said:

Mario maker 2

I reeeeeeeally want to get a Switch, and this is on my list of to-buy games. It looks really fun, and anything that lets me be creative is 10/10

30 minutes ago, minespatch said:

-adult game I won't mention here-

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I wanted to know what kind of games you guys have been sinking your time on nowadays

Blazing Basalt by Plei Entertrainment has been a game I've been playing quite a bit of as of late. The parkour elements are really fun and my computer can actually render it now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Gotta love this game! I should probably get it for my Xbox one day.

Just so that you know, you can't download it. Also there is a bug some people have that makes it so that you can't defeat the last boss. Idk if this bug is on all platforms. I have never had that problem when playing on Laptop and PC.

I also recommend Impossible Creatures Steam Edition

Downsides are:

Spoiler

You can only enable 1 mod at a time atm(atleast on steam).

Not a big problem for me since I don't really use mods on it. You also need to make a profile, don't worry, it is quick and easy. Don't need to go to website or anything. But there can be a couple of bugs that makes it so that you can't make a profile. If you have that bug then you should go to FAQ / Troubleshooting thread on steam.

Controls can be a bit strange, but you get used to it.

It have a great story, I suggest if anybody wants to play it that you watch the cutscenes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I've never heard of those before! How do they play out? 0-0

Anno1800 is a city/"Empire?" building game with a HEAVY focus on ships and transport.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b193a4951b23cadf5e9d09cc4f40992e.png

BeamNG.drive is a crash test/simulator(New update ads improved ai for other vehicles and there aree some missons you can do(i suggest having a "good" pc for this as it can be realy hard for older computers to hold up to the physicsengine))

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fb60dcfd0b5c80145fb14ceb3cb0c04b.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.22345a09cbe1b8e12fc56d16695b0258.png

Stoneheart is a village building game.

Spoiler

Ähnliches Foto

I didnt mention SMASH ULTIMATE last time but i guess you know that one?

Edited by I_Link_I
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Nice! I just started getting back into D&D myself, after two failed attempts. My new group doesn't seem like they'll bail out on me, so here's hoping!

Good luck! The hardest part is finding a group. I first got interested in DMing so I was responsible for getting that initial group together. Once the legends of our adventures worked their way through our friend groups I had more people trying to play then I could actually take.

It's been more than 3 years and I guess I still haven't PLAYED D&D. Playing for me is sitting down with a notebook and laying out the next session. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Bloodborne and stardew valley :] 

That multiplayer update for the sec0nd one just came out too so I've been playing that a lot

I also like to dust off the Wii u every so often and load up mh3u. Who knows when the servers will go down so I like to play every so often. I remember when there were like 3 to 4 thousand people online. Last time I played a bit ago? 20ish people... :(

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Like 4

For video games, I currently play DST, Pit People, Titanfall 2, Dead Cells, Bad North, and Bomber Crew. And the very second Cube World comes this week, I'm buying it cuz I've been waiting literal years for that game.

When my oldest brother comes over most Sundays, we like to break out the old games. Like Castle Crashers, the two original Star Wars Battlefronts, Halo, and Rave Man Raving Rabbids 2, but we mostly play Mario Kart on our Wii.

I also love RPG's, I have a ton of nerd friends for that stuff. Currently I'm in a campaign for Genesis and a superhero one. One of my friends keep on trying to DM for D&D, but It's too hard to fit it in with school schedules of different clubs and sports right now :(

I'm deep into the hobby of board games right now. I own Scythe, Axis and Allies, Aeon's End, and Risk. I recently acheived maximum nerdiness by buying a dice tower.

One of my brothers owns a bunch of Warhammer 40K Killteams for tabletop, so I play a lot of that too.

Spoiler
On 9/27/2019 at 9:21 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

I wanted to know what kind of games you guys have been sinking your time on nowadays

Do you mean just games in general, or did I just go completely off topic?

Edited by reverentsatyr
  • Like 5

On 9/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

Stronghold Crusader

Ooh, good choice. Used to be really into Stronghold 2. Something about that game just...felt right.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

I also recently got back into Minecraft and shall attempt to rebuild my now-deleted mod collection....

Oof, I feel that. Gotten in and out of the game a few times, either I think I won't want to go back to the specific mod set I had or updates break the collection...then it's back to square one.
Configuring mods to be balanced with eachother and set up a world that feels cohesive and alive using a mix of different content is kinda fun for me, though.
Kinda waiting now for the group that took over TerraFirmaCraft to finish updating it to function with recent MC versions. Slow but steady progress. That and Thaumcraft were my favorites, though the situation looks less optimistic for that mod.

As for what I'm into recently...
Oddly enough, I barely touch DST recently besides testing shenanigans/grabbing quick skin drops. I think the...assorted chaos surrounding the game finally burned me out for a while; but I've always been more into the lore than the game itself, so eh.
Suddenly remembering I have a mini comic strip to work on for style testing.

Rimworld has firmly held my attention for a while now. Game is a perfect example of how to optimize for modding, and it makes amazing use of that; the mod community is hella active, and there's just so much content that fits naturally into the game. Since getting fully set up, I've been running one 'world', favoring a few community members of course but naturally coming to like the newer ones over time.
It's described as a story generator, and I think that's a large part of what appeals to me; it does its job, giving just enough details to let the imagination run with it, and I'm all about narrative creations.
Bonus points for the RTS elements; there's even a difficulty setting saying that 'RTS players should start here'. I was an RTS player for a long time before Starcraft ate the market and the playerbase of most games became too small for casual play, and that difficulty setting felt like a perfect fit for me to start on and get familiar with the game mechanics.

Also that community is great too DETROIT BECOME HAT

Terraria's Calamity mod just recently caught my attention...despite my having followed the music of it for years now.
Presently making my way through it and Thorium simultaneously with a new character and world; it's great.
Wouldn't survive without the recipe viewer/sorter mod, but still.

League of Legends is one I'm in and out of. I mostly play for the alternative, less serious and more experimental modes, and with them having discontinued that for the most part for a while now, I've been more out lately...but, a game of ARAM here and there. TFT is...ok I guess? It's just...a completely different game. Not what I'm there for.
Can't wait for ARURF's return within the next few months though. Here's hoping I get a chance at my beloved Helicopter Hecarim.
I'm that person that one-hit horsey-charges you from across the map.

A few games of Dawn Of War: Soulstorm here and there, if the servers happen to be experiencing the odd spikes in activity.

Edited by maradyne
typos
  • Like 4

On 9/30/2019 at 12:22 AM, maradyne said:

Ooh, good choice. Used to be really into Stronghold 2. Something about that game just...felt right.

Stronghold crusader is a fun game especially when you either

- place Ox Tethers all over your opponents' base
 - rush them with assassins
 - run them over with a horde of horse archers

That aside, i loved the mechanics when i was a prep kid, and loved their attention to detail now that i'm grown up.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:07 AM, I_Link_I said:

I didnt mention SMASH ULTIMATE last time but i guess you know that one?

One of the life goals in my bucket list is literally "Play Smash Ultimate as Rosalina and Luma."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I play mostly Town of Salem because it's really the only other game I 100% like that I can run properly (thank god it recently got a unity beta so I no longer had to run it with flash) DS/T is also here, for obvious reasons.

I occasionally play Darkest Dungeon, Streets of Rogue, and Shellshock Live.

I *attempt* to play Brawlhalla and Starbound because I genuinely love those games but for the former I get severe ping issues, and for the latter my FPS is constantly tanked to 10 FPS or lower.

I desperately need a new PC...

Edit: I'd like to try out something like DnD since I occasionally stick my head in Roleplay but I just don't know the right people to get into it. If you ever need another person and don't mind teaching them the ropes, I'm here.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 3