so, apparently there is a klei forum wiki

metallichydra

Ah yes, the wonders of the Klei Forums Wiki.

The wonders, and the terrors.

The Wiki, when it was first forged, created much drama and discontent within the community. Through the troubled worries of privacy invasion, to assaulting the pages with mean-spirited edits, it was a tire fire of some proportion. Alas, as time went on, it was remembered by many users, remembered for the terribleness it caused, but in a more neutral, nostalgic sense.

Much time has passed, and many grew up since the times of old. I made many edits three months ago, for the sake of humor (which was well received this time around), but through all the ****posts, there was one in particular that I instead rolled back, back to a previous edit that was made many years ago. "Vingw". Someone had it out for me, with some choice, hurtful words. But, nowadays, I look back at it and laugh. To think that all happened, and to think of how poorly I reacted. Truly, my old days at the Klei Forms were cringe.

Nonetheless, there the wiki stands. A piece to remind us of those many years ago, refurbished with some fun stupidity, so we can all laugh at the past, present, and future. Or something like that. Hhhpphphtphtptph.

(For clarification when it comes to dates, the Wikia was made about November 2013. It wasn't until June 2019, over 5 years later, that I made the Minespatch page and such. Yet Half-Life 3 didn't come out in this timeframe.)

• Developer
20 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Wish I could have already been active while they were around... they all seemed like great ppl.

They really are. I still have contact with a lot of old forumers thanks to Discord, and I'm sure you'd love them. It's a shame they haven't been back to the forums, but c'est la vie.

Maybe I should get around to actually editing my page at some point.

Or I could just keep the... whatever that *Lord_Battal wrote for me.

decisions...

Also reading people talk about the past like some great round table of ancients makes me feel like some kind of relic. Whoof. To imagine how many pages my thread of yarn or sumthin would have now if I had kept it alive, instead of bury it down with the cringe where it belongs... I'd say good times, but really, they weren't. Luckily I've grown more brain cells since then and no longer make the same idiotic choices, and... well, I got distracted, didn't I? Whoops.

Aah, this is nice to see. Did stuff like this with former groups myself, lot of fun. I'm not really the cataloger I was before due to time constraints, so I'll resist the urge to dive head on into that wiki, but it looks pretty neat.

I don't mind being stalked though.

On 27/09/2019 at 10:39 PM, Auth said:

Or I could just keep the... whatever that GreenWyvern wrote for me.

Hey, HEY, HEY, Battal is the one that wrote that description. Don't drag me into it.

Personally, I don't find the use of "midget" very appealing, and would like to disclaimer as such.

Oh wow, the wiki. I remember when this was first made, aha. I miss a lot of people from back then. 23rd... Mena... I'm even in there with my old name and avatar, ahah. This brings back memories. Truth's been on Steam somewhat rarely, but I haven't seen most of the people on this in years...

Reminds me that I missed the window for the DS contributor badge by like, less than a month. >_< 

Archived