Ipsquiggle

New Performance Patch in Testing - 369994

2 hours ago, fatheroctopus said:
2 hours ago, Loraty said:

The last save before I installed the new version is attached.

uc27.sav

Hi Loraty, could you post your save and we can take a look at the before/after.

It appears that the difference in steam engine behavior is a cascading effect of the liquid shutoff behaving differently (as also reported by others). The disinfecting behavior still needs to be investigated

Lilalaunekuh    847

Ok after half an hour of testing [mostly an idle test with 24 duplicants in base cycle ~3000]

=> I hope it´s just the usual testing branch logging code, but my game seems to run 3-4 fps worse.

(3x speed and without moving the camera for a couple minutes)

PS: If the current testing branch is just about performance increases, I might switch back to the stable branch ...

[There is nothing new to spark my interest in tinkering with it.]

=> Even a single melting point change or something like that could do the trick ;)

Spoiler

Maybe we finally get a way to deal with unused databanks or artifacts.

My rocket silo is filling up with crappy artifacts.

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

SharraShimada    519

Of course its primarily the mod authors thing to fix it, if possible. All i wanted wa,s to bring attention to the devs, that, while they made this huge "code-reorganizing-orgy", they may removed something by accident. Nothing more, nothing less. It this is not the devs fault, thats okay too. But if nobody tells them, something maybe went wrong, especially with a testing code release, how do they know?

bobucles    335
5 minutes ago, karyuendan08 said:

graphic bug appears some times

That's no fair, you spawned on the dimensional tear!

Oozinator    2,375

@Ipsquiggle
I get for sure a "small" FPS increase, perhaps 5 FPS with the base in the attachment (from pre launch - zoomed out max. without mods).
When i drag the screen around, it drops sometimes very much (below 20 FPS).
At random times (not many), i get for 1/2 sec no ambient/game sound. (complete silence), i have music disabled, not sure if it stops too.
When i zoom in, on fog of war areas, i get up to 60 FPS..
3blcg8.jpg.ee1dfaaa952cb96645e13e005302e4c5.jpg

Saved Base (pre launch created)
5d8c4c87b9733_methdreiCycle862.thumb.png.2026fe504866c357955881966aff0bc3.png

meth drei Cycle 862.sav

• Like 1

Lutzkhie    341

my current save file improved, and it will improve more if its out of beta branch BUT I'm experiencing more lag spikes, dropping my fps down to 9 and back up again

Xaekai    40

I really was hoping for a "return to last selected build order" hotkey in the next patch. ;)

Was the "repaired bunker doors, until they are cycled, let comets through " bug fixed?

• Like 1

h203819    0

The newly added tiny worlds (if you remove the skip line in their yaml) fail to generate, the loading screen doesn't display any text in the text box and the game hangs.

In exactly the same way my custom map https://github.com/h00701350103/Oxygen-Not-Included_Mods/tree/master/emptera_fork hangs (it works on live) but if I increase the world size in the Y coordinate from 256 to 288 or 320 it works just fine.

Not a dealbreaker for my mod as 256->288 isn't a huge jump, but many other small maps are screwed. I know this is complaining to main devs about modding, but this is not related to harmony patches in any way and is purely a bug in the yaml world generation handling so would make small world gen mods significantly more difficult to make.

relevant parts of Player.log : https://pastebin.com/z2WmfxeQ - no other mods enabled

snoozer    111
4 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:
  • Material is being loaded infinitely into a conveyor loader and then passed through a rail loop, although the rail loop is full, So massive amount of materials are being deleted.
  • Sweeper picks up materials from the conveyor loader and then loads them back into the same loader endlessly.

Actually they are dropped from the Loader output to the ground. Afaik they dont get deleted.

4 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

Sweepers don't pick materials from receptacles anymore, doesn't matter how you set the priority between the receptacle and targeted container.

I could not replicate this. Nevermind, saw it in your save. Save/Load seems to fix it...

Edited by snoozer

woodenstars    19

I've noticed weird liquid shutoff performance. It says "pipe blocked" when outputting into empty pipe.

Enabled by automation 100% uptime (you can see hydro sensor at top left on gif) and receiving pipe is also 100% empty. So I guess it's getting jammed by its own released packet of liquid and it works only at 1/2 rate now.

weird shutoff.gif

Edited by woodenstars
  • Like 2

Gurgel    1,141
20 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

...even while we're busy crafting the next phase of Oxygen Not Included. Thank you so much--as always--for taking the time to bring issues and concerns to our attention, and for being part of this game.

Most important part IMO ;-)====)

And thank you for making it possible to be part of this! It is only because you went ahead and took a real risk that we have ONI now. I do expect that some people will try to come up with "clones" in the future (as seems to be happening with Factorio now), but they will be hard pressed to get anywhere near to what you have created.

17 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok after half an hour of testing [mostly an idle test with 24 duplicants in base cycle ~3000]

=> I hope it´s just the usual testing branch logging code, but my game seems to run 3-4 fps worse.

(3x speed and without moving the camera for a couple minutes)

That is probably intended. What it should do is run much smoother, i.e. the lowest FPS seen is higher now.

Gurgel    1,141
3 hours ago, woodenstars said:

I've noticed weird liquid shutoff performance. It says "pipe blocked" when outputting into empty pipe.

Enabled by automation 100% uptime (you can see hydro sensor at top left on gif) and receiving pipe is also 100% empty. So I guess it's getting jammed by its own released packet of liquid and it works only at 1/2 rate now.

I have the same thing. Looks like the Liquid Shutoff is blocking itself.

Asteru    26
6 hours ago, woodenstars said:

weird shutoff.gif

That Looks like it’s trying to round robin out of the shutoff. Trying to put packets going down, then after it tries, finds out it can’t go that direction, and just pipe blocks every time it’s trying that direction. Instead of knowing it can’t go that way from the start and putting all the packets going upward. 

j3mini2    3

I loaded an old save where I had extreme lag attempting to dig expand tall water reservoirs when mining/building ladders at the bottom - I initially tried it on priority 9 and it was the start of the cycle, and I was amazed at how much smoother it was - prior to this, I would have locked up as soon as they would have started mining/building the first layer, if not before. It stuttered a bit, but they were able to complete the job

I tried it on high priority and it was much more of a FPS drop/stutter/freeze, however - it still performed much better thanks to this patch

-

Save file is attached if you'd like to take a look. I've grown to prefer neater plumbing but figured I'd share :)

925UpdatePreLagTest.png

925UpdatePreLagTest.sav

• Thanks 1