Off-Topic's bizarre anime thread

NormalPinkerton

This is one those threads where you talk about what you've been seeing, in this case anime, which are cartoons, but they're different, in some way, haven't figured out how though...

To be more specific you can share an episode, chapter or entire series. Now if you don't know what classifies as anime, it's basicly japanese animation, though "Avatar: The Last Airbender" blurs the line.

Who cares about that anyway? Let's get started!

Look for "Dr.Stone".

*every human got turned to stone and after 3700year our protagonist  reawakens in a world,without any trace of human civilisation to safe humanity and Start a New age of science with the wast amount of knowledge he has.

(WILSON APROVES! :D )

(Its quite new and they releas New episodes every friday(i think " crunchyroll"has it. )

PS.the manga is way further in the story so you may or may not want to read it first.

PPS. If you ,for what ever reason havent watched it already go watch "Deathnote".

Its less action based and more of a battle of the minds wich might let you question morality and or justice.

Bizarre? Hm...
One that comes to mind is "King of Thorn". Sci-fi/magic possible world-end scenario with some neat twists. Humanity tampering with things that it wasn't meant to.

Guess it depends on what people consider bizarre. "Sora No Woto" has a bizarre implied backstory throughout it, but the show itself is...plain. And there's a whole episode revolving around something that could be considered weird and uncomfortable, but...if you're looking for bizarre, then you probably wouldn't care about that sort of thing.
I mostly just like that show for the way that world-building is implied rather than explicitly stated. That's something I'd missed for a long time, and it gave me several ideas.

Archived