Base Location Struggles

HarperDS

Title says it all. I feel disorganized and have trouble choosing a definite base location in all DS DLCs really. But now im playing Hamlet. I try to consider how close the city is.. how close I can farm nettles.. and things like that. But im never sure if my decision is a good one. I struggle with this in all the DLCs as said. I've never made a large base that I felt was organized and I was happy with. Mostly because of my early game I feel.

Pretty much all biomes can make a good base, thou some has unique properties to offer.

For hamlet I usually just buy that Slanty Shanty and use it as base. It is way too far from every kind of resources/point of interest, but I feel like it is how I am suppose to play and treat the inconvenience as part of the unique challenge.

In my current game thou I am building a mega base. I have decided to build my base at the 5th island for the following reason:

1) No giants/Summer fire/Volcanic Eruptions that can destroy your base.

2) Closest to the aporkalypse calendar

3) Not many reason to visit other island once the whole world is looted, so may as well just stay on the 5th island.

4) The lily pond is usually the biggest.

5) Offer enough space to build.

Also planning to build other bases. One at the volcano for the easy assess of obsidian workbench, and one in one of the ruins near Ancient pseudoscience station.

12 hours ago, Mday said:

1) No giants/Summer fire/Volcanic Eruptions that can destroy your base.

That's true for all of Hamlet.

12 hours ago, Mday said:

2) Closest to the aporkalypse calendar

Again, not really exclusive to the herald island. You can make a network consisting of 2 telelocator focuses, one in your house and the other in the calendar room, to go back and forth between the two. Because interiors are outside the map limits, it is nigh impossible for exterior focuses to interfere, so you can literally sleep through 3-4 days of the Aporkalypse in the safety of your home, then telelocate to the calendar to stop it, then telelocate back and exit your home to find a city in the midst of the Pig Fiesta.

On 2019/9/25 at 4:40 PM, inferjus4 said:

I always set my base at first island in Pig City. I just steal my deed of home ownership and live in Slanty Shanty.

And I, never take the deed of home ownership illegally

I sleep in the shops and palace overnight:wilsconnivingsmile:

Archived