Woodlegs in DST

Here's my third idea for character from base game:

latest?cb=20160226045238

1. Woodlegs has identical statistics like in Shipwrecked.

2. Woodlegs at start get his Lucky Hat and two dubloons.

3. He loses 4,8 sanity points per minute on the land or 0 sanity points per minute on boat.

4. In materials tab he has access to the dubloons , which requires:

3X Gold Nugget

Dubloons stack up to 10 pieces. Dubloons which Woodlegs drops as a result of frog’s attack or death are destroyed.

5. Woodlegs loses sanity according as number of dubloons in his inventory (Just as Oinks in Warbucks inventory):

a5c3ee2c6a7e6a7fmed.png

Dubloons have no effect when they are in backpack or Bundling Wrap. When Woodlegs is on boat dubloons don’t give him more sanity points.

6. Woodlegs can craft Lucky Hat available in Clothes Tab Which requires:

10X Dubloons + 4X Bone Shards + 6X Silk

The lucky hat reveals a treasure for Woodlegs once every 400 seconds. The hat has 3.5 days of durability. After digging up X Marks the Spot, a special kind of chest appears, containing treasures. After destroying the hammer, the box does not leave any materials and after removing all the treasures contained in it, it disappears. Possible combinations of treasures and chance for them:

27d2f50d87ef24a9med.png

Good and Rare Treasure are more diverse. They consist of items divided into three categories:

Standard Treasure – Set of items always in chest.

Random Treasure –  There is always one item on the chest from the list of random items with a different chance. Standard random treasures include:

bfa4730176cbae13med.png

Change Treasure – All items from the list of chege items can be in chest depending on change:

90e574162b6408aamed.png

Good Treasures includes:

197fb07fb2cc37dbmed.png

Rare Treasures includes:

43a6113b4ce08c94med.png

After Lucky Hat spawns new treasure Woodlegs don’t see it on the map. Treasure have to be finded. Only then player see X mark. Any character can dig a treasure.

7. From the begginig of the game Woodlegs can craft two new items availablr in seafaring tab:

Pirate Mast:

15X Dubloons + 4X Boards + 10X Silk

Mast can be lowed three times. Every stage of mast works as one regular mast.

Pirate Cannon:

25X Dubloons + 4X Cut Stone + 2X Boards

Pirate Cannot can only be placed on a boat. After placing it, player can open it. One slot appears. This slot can be filled with gunpowder. To fire the character must aim. Fired gunpowder deals 99 damage in a small area.

8. Woodlegs have new item available in Fight Tab – Peg Leg, which requires:

3X Log

Peg Leg deals 37,5 damage points and has 50 uses.

Five new Trinkets appear with Woodlegs. These trinkets can be given to the Pig king (of course he is not Wilba's father) in exchange for gold nuggets. However, if Woodlegs gives them to Pig King, he gives him doubloons instead. Individual trinkets give different amounts of gold and dubloons:

0987efbe1459c214med.png

New trinkets with the exception of One True Earring can be found in the same ways as all others.

Weird way to spell wala-

In all seriousness, This is a great start to a DST-balanced Woodlegs. However, I feel like his treasure table is a bit TOO nerfed. Maybe a 3%-5% chance for a green/yellow/orange/purple gem in the rare treasures table? 

Maybe having Thulecite shards at a 5% chance too might not hurt, as it will take a long time before you can make any meaningful amount of thulecite with it.

Woodlegs is probs one of my fav characters in single player and it would be a lot of fun playing with him BUT your suggested rework version could make for a mod. In my opinion, too convoluted for a klei character. 

Woodlegs would need some massive changes and making him Warbucks V. 2 isn't the answer. 

20 hours ago, Canis said:

In all seriousness, This is a great start to a DST-balanced Woodlegs. However, I feel like his treasure table is a bit TOO nerfed. Maybe a 3%-5% chance for a green/yellow/orange/purple gem in the rare treasures table? 

18 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

loot tables are a bit nerfed as canis said, but decent overall

Loot table can't be better beacause Character can't be endless souce of materials. I think his treasures are too valuable anyway.

18 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

And Pig King is 100% Wilba's dad

No it is not true.

37 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Loot table can't be better beacause Character can't be endless souce of materials. I think his treasures are too valuable anyway.

Wormwood's an infinite source of living logs, so there's definitly room for some improvement.

No it is not true.

>We know that Hamlet is canon. Wormwood was added, but even before that, the Pig King Vignettes mentions how he and his followers "left there home long ago to rule freely during the constant"

>We also know that PK was well-respected in Hamlet. There's a topiary of him, and in one of the buildings (the Academy I belive, though I could be wrong) there's an abstract portrait of him that, on closer inspection, can clearly be made out to be PK.

>In the Update post that introduced Werewilba and Wormwood, it explicitly states that Wilba "has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism" and that "all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter"

>While not a perfect 1-1 ratio, Werewilba has a lot of traits consistant with the constant's werepigs, including increased speed, increased HP, Extra hair, activated by the full moon and monster meat, insatable apitite, 

>Her perks when choosing her state that "she carries her father's legacy"

>when examining the silver necklace, Wilba states that "Papa" gave it to her for the "hairy times".

Walani first... then we can have Woodlegs, but for the record Woodlegs was only as good as he was in Shipwrecked because of the tedious tasks you had to do in order to unlock him.

with him being unlocked from the start if he ever comes to DST he shouldn’t be that damn powerful, there needs to be balance, make ALL characters fun to play as, don’t just make one so good that it’s the only character anyone ever picks anymore.

as for Walani.. Wortox can Soul Hop between streams of Water, Woodie can swim over water in Were-Goose form and everyone else can ride a boat.. so it suddenly doesn’t seem so broken for the surfer chick Walani to show up with her personal surfboards.

before I would ever want Woodlegs in this game I would want a few things first- Pirate themed Boat mast, working cannons I can place on the boat, hidden x marks the spot treasures. Enemy A.I. Pirate ships, could be savage pigmen, could be Pirate Merms, or skeleton pirates

i would also want a pirate themed cosmetics bundle with a skin for pirate hat, pirate cutlass sword, pirates treasure, parrot, eye-patch bandana and Pirate themed skins for the entire cast of characters.

so.. Walani first, Woodlegs later... much much later after we’ve got more pirate themed stuff and a more life like sea.

21 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Wormwood's an infinite source of living logs, so there's definitly room for some improvement.

It cost 20 health and woodlegs really gets treasures for nothing.

21 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

>We know that Hamlet is canon. Wormwood was added, but even before that, the Pig King Vignettes mentions how he and his followers "left there home long ago to rule freely during the constant"

This is full description of this vignette: "Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in The Constant"

"Legend", "long ago" - It was in the distant past not in modern Constant

"in The Constant" - Hamlet is a part of Constant and pigs' home is The Forge

22 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

>We also know that PK was well-respected in Hamlet. There's a topiary of him, and in one of the buildings (the Academy I belive, though I could be wrong) there's an abstract portrait of him that, on closer inspection, can clearly be made out to be PK.

Ping King is not well-respected. He is only one of four decorations in city and his portrait is in Academy because it is Professor's research object. True Wilba's father was in RoG and he told Queen Malfalfa and Professor about him.

22 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

>In the Update post that introduced Werewilba and Wormwood, it explicitly states that Wilba "has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism" and that "all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter"

Pig King doesn't suffer from werepigism so this is not his characteristic.

"Pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of RoG" so Hamlet pigs, Wildbores and normal pigs. It is not said that this is Pig king. Wilba's father was in Shiprecked and RoG.

Mereover Pig King is and other standard pigs are a one type and Pigs from Hamlet ate second type.

27 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

It cost 20 health and woodlegs really gets treasures for nothing.

This is full description of this vignette: "Legend has it the Pig King and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in The Constant"

"Legend", "long ago" - It was in the distant past not in modern Constant

Time moves weirdly in the constant. for all we know, Wilba could be hundreds of years old, which would quantify as "long ago".

"in The Constant" - Hamlet is a part of Constant and pigs' home is The Forge

The pigs we see in the forge seem to be a subspecies of the RoG pig, similar to the bog pigs in the gorge. They're also not native to the forge, as pugna says they where banished there by  the throne.

Ping King is not well-respected. He is only one of four decorations in city and his portrait is in Academy because it is Professor's research object. True Wilba's father was in RoG and he told Queen Malfalfa and Professor about him.

Considering he buys them, it seems more likley that the professor pig is studying the ancient pig civilization. That also doesn't explain why Queen malfalfa would erect a topiary of a compleatly different monarch.

Pig King doesn't suffer from werepigism so this is not his characteristic.

the Werewilba announcment spesifically states that her father's Family suffers from werepigism, not PK and his family. And quite frankly, I'd say having to watch your entire family degrade into mindless monsters every full moon while you stay sane is a much worse curse than turning yourself.

"Pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of RoG" so Hamlet pigs, Wildbores and normal pigs. It is not said that this is Pig king. Wilba's father was in Shiprecked and RoG.

Wildbores I will admit  put a wrench into this whole thing, though If I had to guess, they're probably pigs who got lost on the treck with PK and dapted to the tropical enviroments. It's grasping at straws, but that's what you've been doing, so I guess we're even.

Mereover Pig King is and other standard pigs are a one type and Pigs from Hamlet ate second type.

no, they're the same type, the hamlet pigs are just more upkept, is all.

3 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Wildbores I will admit  put a wrench into this whole thing, though If I had to guess, they're probably pigs who got lost on the treck with PK and dapted to the tropical enviroments. It's grasping at straws, but that's what you've been doing, so I guess we're even.

I wouldn't call it grasping as straws, I think it's very likely. If a domesticated Pig is left in the wild, they will quickly revert into resembling a boar. They'll get hairy, grow tusks, and start acting aggressive. I think it makes a lot of sense that Wildbores are Pigmen that wandered off and went feral.

6 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Time moves weirdly in the constant. for all we know, Wilba could be hundreds of years old, which would quantify as "long ago".

Maxwell said this in the context of the real world. The time in Constant flows normally as can be seen using Skyworthy.

The pigs we see in the forge seem to be a subspecies of the RoG pig, similar to the bog pigs in the gorge. They're also not native to the forge, as pugna says they where banished there by  the throne.

They was separated from Throne not banished by it. And the Forge is variant just as Constant.

Considering he buys them, it seems more likley that the professor pig is studying the ancient pig civilization. That also doesn't explain why Queen malfalfa would erect a topiary of a compleatly different monarch.

Gueen Malfalfa does not treat the Pig king as a monarch. He is only exotic curiosity like beefalos.

the Werewilba announcment spesifically states that her father's Family suffers from werepigism, not PK and his family. And quite frankly, I'd say having to watch your entire family degrade into mindless monsters every full moon while you stay sane is a much worse curse than turning yourself.

It isn't important. He don't turn into werepig so he can't be her father.

no, they're the same type, the hamlet pigs are just more upkept, is all.

No Hamlet pigs are much more intelligent (e.g. The Erudite) than RoG pigs. A similar situation is like a human and a humanoid.

4 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Really nice concept for Woodlegs, although the hat could use some buffs, and why did you say the treasure doesn't appear on the map? If you don't know where it is, that makes it somewhat impossible to find.

It would be too easy to find treasures and map would be uncovered too fast.

1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

Maxwell said this in the context of the real world. The time in Constant flows normally as can be seen using Skyworthy.

Just because time flows consistantly doesn't mean that it flows normally. Wagstaff confirms that the day/night cycle is massivly accelerated compared to the real world, and no characters give any signs of ageing.

They was separated from Throne not banished by it. And the Forge is variant just as Constant.

looking at the quotes, Pugna states that they where "Severed" from the throne and "Trapped in a realm of stone and fire", along with asking "why serve a power that will abandon you in the end". so even if the throne spesifically didn't banish them, they are definitly not native to the forge.

Gueen Malfalfa does not treat the Pig king as a monarch. He is only exotic curiosity like beefalos.

I suppose I can see this, though none the less, they at the very least know about him and care enough to erect decorations and paintings.

It isn't important. He don't turn into werepig so he can't be her father.

What's not important? It's spesifically stated that PK's curse effects his family, with no mention of it applying to him. and while I'm not sure of any off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of stories out there with magic users cursing someone's kin instead of them.

No Hamlet pigs are much more intelligent (e.g. The Erudite) than RoG pigs. A similar situation is like a human and a humanoid.

That doesn't mean they're differenct species. Humans today are much more advanced and intellegent than the tribes of a pre-civilized world, yet you can still find these tribes in the most remote corners of the planet. But this doesn't make them less human.

24 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Just because time flows consistantly doesn't mean that it flows normally. Wagstaff confirms that the day/night cycle is massivly accelerated compared to the real world, and no characters give any signs of ageing.

When time flows consistantly can it flow abnormally?

Wagstaff often breaks fourth wall and laughs at game mechanics

30 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

looking at the quotes, Pugna states that they where "Severed" from the throne and "Trapped in a realm of stone and fire", along with asking "why serve a power that will abandon you in the end". so even if the throne spesifically didn't banish them, they are definitly not native to the forge.

when he freed himself from the Nightmare Throne, he fled through the Ancient Gateway to the Forge and began gathering army to destroy them but they punished him and the pigs turning the forge into a wasteland.

39 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

What's not important? It's spesifically stated that PK's curse effects his family, with no mention of it applying to him. and while I'm not sure of any off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of stories out there with magic users cursing someone's kin instead of them.

It is not that his relatives suffer from werepigism but that he does not.

41 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

That doesn't mean they're differenct species. Humans today are much more advanced and intellegent than the tribes of a pre-civilized world, yet you can still find these tribes in the most remote corners of the planet. But this doesn't make them less human.

Humans today are less inteligent than in tribal ages because today's minds are no longer so focused on survival.

Tribal peple has very complex languages, can make weapons, furniture and decorations,and pigs from RoG know only three verbs: be, eat and kill.

When time flows consistantly can it flow abnormally?

ok, let me rephrase that, We have gotten no signs that characters can age, therefore, it wouldn't be to far fetched to suggest that Wilba  is very old, and that PK could both be her father and have left long ago.

Wagstaff often breaks fourth wall and laughs at game mechanics

none the less, he's easally has the most knowledge of the constant out of anyone, save for Maxwell and Charlie.

when he freed himself from the Nightmare Throne, he fled through the Ancient Gateway to the Forge and began gathering army to destroy them but they punished him and the pigs turning the forge into a wasteland.

No, that's not what happened. Plain and Simple.

It is not that his relatives suffer from werepigism but that he does not.

How is that not important? It platently explains Why Werewilba is a symptom of her father, yet PK doesn't turn into a werepig himself. and hell, even if we disregarded that, we know that the curse can be prevented with special jewlery. and when you look at PK's sprite, he is shown to be wearing several horn rings with one of them being silver. Meaning that there is precident for why he isn't effected by the curse.

Humans today are less inteligent than in tribal ages because today's minds are no longer so focused on survival.

Tribal peple has very complex languages, can make weapons, furniture and decorations,and pigs from RoG know only three verbs: be, eat and kill.

First, that's not how that works. Second, They're pig people, and have audable oinks and snorts. This could easally be there primary language with english only being supplimentery. That's not out of the question either, There's a tribe who's language consists of nothing but Wistleing, so a language of oinks and grunts is more than feesable.

21 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

ok, let me rephrase that, We have gotten no signs that characters can age, therefore, it wouldn't be to far fetched to suggest that Wilba  is very old, and that PK could both be her father and have left long ago.

A little far-fetched, don't you think?

23 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

none the less, he's easally has the most knowledge of the constant out of anyone, save for Maxwell and Charlie.

No, he is in Constant to get more knowledge.

24 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

How is that not important? It platently explains Why Werewilba is a symptom of her father, yet PK doesn't turn into a werepig himself. and hell, even if we disregarded that, we know that the curse can be prevented with special jewlery. and when you look at PK's sprite, he is shown to be wearing several horn rings with one of them being silver. Meaning that there is precident for why he isn't effected by the curse.

Tell me do you think Pig King is as intelligent as Queen Malfalfa?

27 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

First, that's not how that works. Second, They're pig people, and have audable oinks and snorts. This could easally be there primary language with english only being supplimentery. That's not out of the question either, There's a tribe who's language consists of nothing but Wistleing, so a language of oinks and grunts is more than feesable.

First, it is exactly how it works Second do pigs use two languages at the same time?

Archived