Your most dumb deaths on Don't Starve?

Once died to a tentacle while typing. Pretty Regrettable. I also once died as maxwell on a friend's server and lost both a walking cane and eyebrella to a lureplant. Those things can be the worst. Also pretty good bee traps. That base had tons of scattered flowers scattering it.

On 23.9.2019 at 1:48 PM, Frodeur said:

Death by taffy . Wasn't paying attention to my hp after getting swarmed by nigthmare.  

I feel your pain :'D My situation wasn't even dire, no monsters and a perfectly good amount of honey hams in the ice box just waiting for to be eaten. But I thought it would be nice to have a bit higher sanity. One little candy and that's it. I'm dead.

On 24.9.2019 at 4:21 AM, SplOrange said:

image.thumb.png.eaa39fc13761a167a704eccd0e63a5e1.png

image.thumb.png.141624c0b3c28f4e2f876a8e6e495376.png

Is it actually possible to get killed by a potato? Please tell us your story, it must be a really epic one.

54 minutes ago, Mrklli said:

Is it actually possible to get killed by a potato? Please tell us your story, it must be a really epic one.

Technically anything that does any damage can kill you if it catches you when you've already lost enough health, and eating a raw potato is -3 health. I once died from picking a cactus.

I have another one!

warly_had_a_bad_week.thumb.png.de30850d2f659eed23ee6f483e0e95ea.png

I died in the middle of summer, as one does, and respawned at a touchstone that I didn't prep with a thermal stone beforehand. I made it about two-thirds of the way to my campsite; the touchstone was out in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Then I forgot to bring a light source when I revived from my meat effigy and ran off to get my stuff. Then I got into a fight with a treeguard while trying to pick up my stuff the second time.

Eventually I got on my feet again, although I do have a death from a hound a few days after this in my morgue.

On 24/9/2019 at 3:28 AM, PicklePet said:

I cheesed the AG by hiding behind a pillar on the edge of the ruins while healing, but then got stuck and couldn't get back out no matter how I rotated my camera or what angle I tried to walk from. I was technically on land still so /rescue didn't work either. Died of starvation trying to get out. Even if I revived somewhere else I could never recover my stuff stuck back there so I rage quit. ;w;

Aside from that - just the usual silliness. A big one is when I feel the need to type to someone when I'm insane or in the swamp and I think I'm safe but the tentacle is just taking longer than usual to surface. XD

this happened to me too! except that I had a friend trapped with me when I got trapped behind a pillar.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:36 AM, RogueGamer12 said:

Dying in Shipwreck from a coconut falling from the tree.

BEEN there, DONE that!  Maaan, that's annoying.  They seem to fall on your head so _frequently_, too! I mean, it's extra food, but...

On 9/23/2019 at 3:00 AM, I_Link_I said:

Well.i lit a normal capfire on my fully equiped "boat" (sail anchor stearinwhele etc.) and then drowned when it burned down.

Similar--Original-Flavour Willow in Shipwrecked.  "I KNOW!  I THINK I'LL BURN MY OWN BOAT DOWN!  WHEEEE!!"

On 9/23/2019 at 4:48 AM, Frodeur said:

Death by taffy . Wasn't paying attention to my hp after getting swarmed by nigthmare.  

Yep, I once died from cotton candy.  : P

On 9/23/2019 at 7:28 PM, PicklePet said:

Aside from that - just the usual silliness. A big one is when I feel the need to type to someone when I'm insane or in the swamp and I think I'm safe but the tentacle is just taking longer than usual to surface. XD

Death By Typing is a big one for me.  I'm a rather talkative person once I get going (NOOOO, you don't say...) and I don't have a microphone, so in-game chat is the only way I can communicate with the other players.  I _can_ type fast...but not THAT fast.

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

I died in the middle of summer, as one does, and respawned at a touchstone that I didn't prep with a thermal stone beforehand. I made it about two-thirds of the way to my campsite; the touchstone was out in the middle of nowhere in the desert. Then I forgot to bring a light source when I revived from my meat effigy and ran off to get my stuff. Then I got into a fight with a treeguard while trying to pick up my stuff the second time.

Eventually I got on my feet again, although I do have a death from a hound a few days after this in my morgue.

This all does sound like something I would do.  I've got lots of double or triple-deaths from winter or summer in my history...

Some personal examples:

1.  Dying from being hit while trying to make a light, or darkness while trying to run away so you CAN make a light

2.  General stunlocking/getting stuck on things

3.  Not being able to place a campfire

4.  Accidentally haunting a hound into a firehound and burning down my own base

5.  Dying of heat three times.  In the same summer.  UNDER THE SAME TREE.  Mind you, I think that was a glitch, I've never seen a summer _that_ hot before or since.

6.  That whole epic story from way back when that involved accidentally re-awakening the Bearger, my camp being ENTIRELY trashed, finishing moving and _kinda_ rebuilding just in time for winter, then being killed by ice hounds AND leftover fire hounds _from two summers ago_ at the same time. 

7.  Beating up THREE treeguards at once as Wigfrid because it was a spring start, I wasn't used to playing her yet, and "What the beep, I'm already gonna die of starvation in a minute anyway.  CHAAARRGGGEE!!" 

8.  That other really epic death that involved running away from hounds, in the dark, in the rain, through several spider dens, past three GMoose nests, being hit by lightning THREE TIMES IN THE SAME DAMN NIGHT, and then the frogs started.  Ah, spring!  My actual cause of death, however?   Freezing.

9.  And last but not least, death by cat.  Not catCOON (although he does have some resemblance).  Cat.  My fluffbutt came up and kept bugging me, tapping on me with his paw (with the claws not out)  and giving me Those Eyes while I was playing DST, and finally I was like "Oh, FINE, you cute-ed me into it" and got up and went to go get his toy.  "Does hims want the birdie?  C'mon, kitty, let's go get the birdie!"

...I was gone for only a few minutes but came back to find my ghost floating over the desert.  : P

...Notorious

i saw a merm for the first time. it was asleep and there was pig and merm remains everywhere. i figured "It's sleeping, therefore I'll be safe." I pick up one piece of meat and it begins chasing me, and it doesn't stop, AND IT DOESN'T STOP. i then, gave up, because i didn't feel like running around for hours. 

I set a big tree on fire in the caves to avoid freezing,what I didn’t realize is that the big tree was hiding 2 snurtle slime behind it...long story short,I stood close to the tree to warm up faster and got blew up by some weird turtle poop. 

;-;

8 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Technically anything that does any damage can kill you if it catches you when you've already lost enough health, and eating a raw potato is -3 health. I once died from picking a cactus.

Oh, I didn't know raw potatoes deal damage. Now I think about it I realise I've never eaten one without throwing it in a crockpot... I've always been such a picky-eating food snob but the situation has only become worse after the potatoe-update. Nowdays I mostly play Warly :wilson_dorky:

Worst death, I was on a public server, mid spring. There was a small base, lots of people. Whoever had been there before me built some pig houses nearby to farm, and as Wortox, they would attack me. Most days it went well, I'd just kill the pig when it cam out, but one day, I was at super low health, clean out of souls. Three pigs spawned that day, and I was running around the base, with three pigs trying to kill me, at ~10 health. The stupid part was that THREE OTHER PLAYERS were right there in the base with me. I was running for my life, asking for help in the chat, and nobody did anything. I died, and then left the world.

8 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Worst death, I was on a public server, mid spring. There was a small base, lots of people. Whoever had been there before me built some pig houses nearby to farm, and as Wortox, they would attack me. Most days it went well, I'd just kill the pig when it cam out, but one day, I was at super low health, clean out of souls. Three pigs spawned that day, and I was running around the base, with three pigs trying to kill me, at ~10 health. The stupid part was that THREE OTHER PLAYERS were right there in the base with me. I was running for my life, asking for help in the chat, and nobody did anything. I died, and then left the world.

Wow... that's just rude of those people!

This is why i don't base near pigs anymore...

Also, here is a tip: If you want to pick Webber or Wortox on someone's world, ask if they are based near pigs/bunnymen/catcoons. Hope this tip helps so something like this doesn't happen again. :wilson_love:

This just happened to me which I thought was pretty funny. Was planning on leading Deerclops to the Tallbird Fortress to at least soften him and get a ton of free meat in the process if he didn’t die. Took some damage in the process from DC and Tallbirds and was left with literally 1 HP. They actually finished him off and left 2 Tallbirds remaining. Then I retrieved the eyeball while dodging the remaining Tallbirds and gave it to another player at spawn. I ate some meat to restore a small amount of HP and went back to retrieve the rest of the meat. Then a meteor struck and killed me. First death by meteor for me.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:31 AM, -Variant said:

I was killed by a Rose, a moleworm, and a Rabbit.

No, not a Bunnyman.

Rabbit.

One of my stupid ways of dying happened sort of like this

So in singleplayer bunnymen function differently, when aggroed (and they're in there beardlord form) there a lot more difficult then dst. They stun and have longer range too. so you see how the events played out, I learned it the hard way

I got killed by a Clockwork Knight while i was AFK for exactly 7.5 seconds in a rocky biome.

I assumed i was in a safe distance from him,i was playing maxwell so i died pretty fast.

Also the best dst player and two of his friends were there in the server.

What a cringe death lmao.

I tried picking up my items after dying to a tentacle and reviving as Maxwell. This was when I was a noob, mind you, and I had just gotten a Krampus Sack earlier. The tentacle proceeded to kill me again because I didn't think to pick up one item at a time and kite. Not that I knew how to kite in the old days.

Willow pre-refresh. Farming silk. A lot of tier 2 and 3 spider's den. Spiders attacked, I attacked back. But not with the spear... with my lighter. (facepalm). Entire forest got burned. A dense forest with me there. I was living my pyromaniac dreams, being bitten and burned alive.

Archived