Your most dumb deaths on Don't Starve?

I once was cooking berries with a full inventory. The berries fell on the ground as I cooked them as when I got to about ten berries they lit on fire. I ran around in a panic trying to pick them up before they all went up (unsuccessfully because my inventory was full) and died due to fire damage.

Second dumb death.
1. Going on server.
2. Finding a random russian guy that gives food.
3. Trap both of us on a boat for lolz.
4. Trying to die on the boat by starvation.
5. Russian guy makes the boat on fire by accident.
6. Dying is inevitable now.
7. Somehow neither of us die and we reach the shore of an island with the burning boat.
8. We track down elephant.
9. Russian guy dies randomly.
10. Kills elephant in depression.
11. Makes a tinktank to make a boat.
12. Sails out to the ocean to recreate the situation that brought to this island.
13. Burns boat to make sure to die this time cos that's what the russian guy would have wanted.
14. Burns alive on the boat, the charred skeletal body floats on the water.

14 hours ago, Evivo said:

I once got killed in a city wide fire caused by the town guards and their torches in Hamlet. Poor Wormwood.

You reminded me i accidentalty Ctrl + F a guard at night and i died because i burnt

12 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I mean, I've died from eating monster meat a few times, and there was that one time when I hit Caps Lock by mistake in Adventure Mode and got stuck in the crafting menu while a dozen spiders tore me apart, but my all-time dumbest death has to be when I used c_gonext to teleport to an explosive barrel in Shipwrecked. From land. Walani drowned instantaneously because I wanted a reference screenshot.

I wanted to teleport next to a backpack, but i teleported into one in the water. Webber ended up drowning...

I was fighting Moose/Goose when I had to log off for the night (family needed me). Next day I logged back on and started to fight her, then I missed a kite and got hit once (to clarify, I was playing Wilson and had full health during the fight).... 75 damage...I thought to myself "DAYUM, why does she do so much damage all of a sudden?!" When I looked up and saw half my health gone...it hit me..I wasn't wearing any armor -__-     Needless to say, I noticed a little too late, because she hit me while I was distracted looking around my screen. I died because I was too stupid to remember to put on armor, easily my dumbest death as of late.

Just today I got stuck between my mushroom planters and my pigs who were trying to get food on the other side of the fence. I was really stuck, as in, couldn't move one step. So I... said excuse me by attacking one of the pigs. All of them turned around at once, said I KILL and kill they did.

I cheesed the AG by hiding behind a pillar on the edge of the ruins while healing, but then got stuck and couldn't get back out no matter how I rotated my camera or what angle I tried to walk from. I was technically on land still so /rescue didn't work either. Died of starvation trying to get out. Even if I revived somewhere else I could never recover my stuff stuck back there so I rage quit. ;w;

Aside from that - just the usual silliness. A big one is when I feel the need to type to someone when I'm insane or in the swamp and I think I'm safe but the tentacle is just taking longer than usual to surface. XD

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I fell asleep playing on an endless world I had one time. Woke up as a ghost on the other side of the map 20+ days past where I was and had untamed my beefalo. It was left open to public too, but surprisingly nothing was taken or burnt! 

This is why I'm paranoid of having my game running.

My stupidest death story ties into one of my favorite chaotic pub moments as well.

Basically, I joined an official DST server. Decided to play Webber, because I love spider basing in pubs. My team comprised of randoms but who seemed to know what they were doing based in the Oasis. So I decided to make my base in the rocky biome which was already covered in spiders between the Oasis & PK. We had a wonderful map layout if I ever saw one. And for a time, we lived in harmony. 

Then Spring came. My team mates began to drop like flies, which really, a random pub making it passed Winter is pretty nice anyway. Suppose I can't complain there. At this point my spidey base has all the fixings, including a flingo in the center of about 20 something spider nests. Like a good Webber, I broke them down & replanted them at stage 3, protecting my non-Webbers. There was only one way in & out of the Oasis after all, and I was dead center of that with my hairy fam. 

Enter 3 new players stage right. None of them knew what they were doing, which would have been fine, if they didn't die and... stay dead. Resurrect them? They'd die again. And it's not that they wanted to stay dead, at first. Eventually though they gave up, and stayed dead. Pretty much everyone left from the original team besides one other fella & I. 

[See first two photos.] On a dark, stormy night, when my sanity was already depleted from rain & ghosts, & all I had to help me combat the shadows was an abandoned Bernie... Frog rain began. I donned my helmet, and my spider army CHARGED! We fought valiantly as freezing began to take hold, & as I made my way to the fire pit, a lone frog sniped me.

What was wonderful though, is I came back in Summer. Some how, the three newbies had came back to life, and were surviving in our main base off of our remains. Too afraid to even leave this shelter. MY WIVES HATCHED ALL AT ONCE. :wilson_evil: As you can see in the last picture where I cackle maniacally. 

spiderarmy.jpg

intheend.jpg

WIVES.jpg

Archived