Your most dumb deaths on Don't Starve?

My most dumb death on DST, was when i tried to battle hounds, but i though i had a armor on, so when i was fighthing the hounds i got killed because i didn't equip the armor, another dumb death was when i threw a obsidian coconade at a Prime Ape (On Shipwrecked) and the Prime Ape went directly running into me and since the obsidian coconade explosion is a area attack, i died. I also died by a dragoon egg when i was cooling down in a endothermic fire.

Every death that is caused by DST lag freezing you in place and you being completely unable to save yourself (not even by relogging) is stupid.

Also, died in Hamlet to a platapine, because I didn't know they can attack you, so it just shredded the canoe. It was kinda random, they literally never fought back before.

I mean, I've died from eating monster meat a few times, and there was that one time when I hit Caps Lock by mistake in Adventure Mode and got stuck in the crafting menu while a dozen spiders tore me apart, but my all-time dumbest death has to be when I used c_gonext to teleport to an explosive barrel in Shipwrecked. From land. Walani drowned instantaneously because I wanted a reference screenshot.

Premise: game on a very difficult server, which I built specifically to make the experience on DST quite punitive and ruthless.

It was the second autumn . As I gathered resources to finish the beekeeping, I hear the typical growl of the giants.
The Bearger was coming. But not the classic DST Bearger; but its enhanced version of a Chinese mod, which makes seasonal giants terrifying creatures, capable of destroying any other creature in the game that is not a titan like them, like the Japanese Kaiju.
Immediately I start running towards a meteorite plain, the only place where I can make the creature manifest without destroying an entire biome of the world.
Seconds pass, and finally it arrives. The battle begins, but after a while I realize that I can't compete with the Titan and I start running away. The attempt is futile, I am struck: my leg is broken.
Limping, I try to reach the walking stick that has slipped from my hand; but I'm too slow. One last claw of the creature puts an end to my suffering.
Poor Wendy, who had the illusion of being able to defeat a similar monster with a wooden armor :'D

3 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Premise: game on a very difficult server, which I built specifically to make the experience on DST quite punitive and ruthless.

It was the second autumn . As I gathered resources to finish the beekeeping, I hear the typical growl of the giants.
The Bearger was coming. But not the classic DST Bearger; but its enhanced version of a Chinese mod, which makes seasonal giants terrifying creatures, capable of destroying any other creature in the game that is not a titan like them, like the Japanese Kaiju.
Immediately I start running towards a meteorite plain, the only place where I can make the creature manifest without destroying an entire biome of the world.
Seconds pass, and finally it arrives. The battle begins, but after a while I realize that I can't compete with the Titan and I start running away. The attempt is futile, I am struck: my leg is broken.
Limping, I try to reach the walking stick that has slipped from my hand; but I'm too slow. One last claw of the creature puts an end to my suffering.
Poor Wendy, who had the illusion of being able to defeat a similar monster with a wooden armor :'D

Wow! That was actually an interesting story! Could you say what was the difference between the default Bearger and Chinese bearger? That thing murdered you with wood armor!

9 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Wow! That was actually an interesting story! Could you say what was the difference between the default Bearger and Chinese bearger? That thing murdered you with wood armor!

All Chinese giants have 10,000 health points (excluding Dragonlfy).
Their damage is increased, and they generally deal 150 to 250 damage.
They have new abilities, and this makes them really dangerous. It's fun to discover in-game them soprannatural abilities (as well as drama).
The Bearger, for example, has the ability to teleport into a cloud of smoke. This makes it very difficult to hit it, and quite complicated to dodge it. Let's say you need a certain speed and a good coordination; running in circles you can keep him at bay for a while.
However it's not only this mod that characterizes my server.
I have installed several, one of which adds serious wounds: when you get hit there is a chance of: breaking your head, wrist, legs, ribs or bleeding.
If I had not broken my leg, perhaps I would have managed to escape; but unfortunately ... I tried to pick up the walking stick (to avoid limping) but I was really too slow. Very dramatic death, anyway. A nice way to leave.

I had 20 hp, no armor and I had a morsel in my inventory. I went to the bunny farm just to see what's up but my friend opened the farm's gate. Bunnymen started chasing me, and I ran towards the Lureplant area to let the eyeplants take the bunnies' attention. But I moved too slowly and I got killed by a plant.

4 hours ago, mistrbushido said:

I was at 1 hp for some time when spelunking, and I decided to eat a cooked green cap to restore sanity...

I was on a server with this one guy who died 2-3 times this way in less than ~2 hours. Lol, funniest thing.

Archived