SamLogan

Leave the asteroid : the unfinished swan?

SamLogan    789

Hello,

Launch Upgrade add a "quest" in the Portal that allow us to send a Duplicant to the Temporal Tears, a black hole that permit to reach a new galaxy in theory given this text from the beta-test (removed from the game).

temporal1.thumb.png.02ab0f74debddb93a5a0058eea6a91fa.png

Now, on the release version, I've been on the Temporal Tears and didn't got anything, other than the steam achievment. I did all the others quests before. And even when my Duplicant came back, nothing. By the way, this travel is suppose to be a one-way mission as the quest say :

tears.png.8d141d92c73b18f10407ab8643ee0222.png

During the beta of Launch Upgrade, we had :

- A camera sequence shot that show the Rocket take off with all Duplicants jump happy.

- An not implanted cinematic :

temporal2.thumb.png.0b09f80146c6d6ce5c7696ff9e8e2e23.png

- And the final text, show above.

So, I feel this content really need to be deepen. At least, the Duplicant should not come back for more consistency and unlock a new feature like start an asteroid with this only one Duplicant that have already all the technology.

By the way, the quest is bug, I didn't have the checked. :)

PS : here's the proof of my launch

launch1.thumb.png.facda2b1cb5c268de80c14c7eb4d7194.png

launch2.thumb.png.c4ec9ab847c5278e3c6a6bffe846d593.png

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 3

Grimgaw    523

It's only 2 months after 'release'. We should give the devs some time to finish the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yoma_Nosme    426
19 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

It's only 2 months after 'release'. We should give the devs some time to finish the game.

Of course! From now on I'll tell my boss the same...give me some time to get done with my contract, we've finished just couple weeks ago :)

Then I'll get send to a nice long vacation in a cushioned room and will wear a fancy white leather jacket like a bo$$

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chthonicone    88
18 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Of course! From now on I'll tell my boss the same...give me some time to get done with my contract, we've finished just couple weeks ago :)

Then I'll get send to a nice long vacation in a cushioned room and will wear a fancy white leather jacket like a bo$$

Go work in the government sector, this happens all the time with government software.

We couldn't get feature X to work because features M and Q that the previous teams claimed worked and tested were actually broken in certain ways and never actually functions right. We had to fix those, but that required fixing C, G, and P as well. As such feature X was pushed to the backlog for next build.

metallichydra    2,257
6 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

i thought a game was finished when released :wilson_ecstatic:

• Haha 3