ShadowDuelist    3,780
3 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

That looks like it could be a fun challenge, but I don’t know how long you’d last without rocks. Are there no twiggy trees or grass either?

Plot twist: you leave one sinkhole, and it leads to a "huge" cave area

x0VERSUS1y    3,450

Cute concept for a challenge at micro-level, ty!

PS: you should also include a Meteor Field and maybe a Micro Desert + Pig King (without gold and rocks is pretty much game over).

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*le PS
  • Like 1

CaptainChaotica    4,285

Ooh, Archipelago from regular DS Adventure Mode, you mean?  That could be interesting..

I think the closest I ever got to that was one time I was playing DST with my brother.  We had a regular worldgen where it turned out, we were cut off from a LOT of crucial resources, like, _entirely_, by this huge wall of killer bee hives.  But IF you braved them--and one day I did, putting on a _grass_ suit because THERE WAS NO GOLD ON OUR SIDE, it turned out that right past the bees...was a wormhole that led to the WHOLE rest of the world.

So I'm thinking, like that but more so and on purpose.  : P

...Notorious

• Like 2

It's very pleasant to see that someone finally adopted this skyblock-ish idea and ported it into the DST universe! I always loved the idea of micromanaging and dst really enables this possibility of living their very own libertarian dream – a political concept that's anthropologically bound to fail in reality but nevertheless really appeals online on a very small set of parameters.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Cute concept for a challenge at micro-level, ty!

PS: you should also include a Meteor Field and maybe a Micro Desert + Pig King (without gold and rocks is pretty much game over).

The Meteor Field would be needed for the Smooth Meteor, if you are in need of earthly goods there's always the chance of Petrified Evergreens! For gold there is the 6.6% chance to obtain it via digging up a burrow and a 0.86% chance to receive it as a gift by a befriended Catcoon. Personally, I think the Dragonfly Desert is the most important biom because it offers Tumbleweed spawners – no further explanation needed. I would also like to see the final rng-based spawner (graves excluded) à la Hollow Stump: Who doesn't love Wet Goop

In addition, I would love to have access to all – or most of the utterly important ones – renewable resource enabling bioms because unlike Minecraft DST does not offer casual random mobs with a variety of rng-based loot drops – Loot Stash is not a mob! – so the basics should be available from the start. I think the bosses make up a giant [pun] part of the game design, so I would highly recommend you to include the stationary overworld boss spawners like the Gigantic Beehive, or the Magma set piece.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, ItsPizzaTime said:

Would be a neat challenge to have worlds set up like this, multiple islands of different biomes each with a cave entrance that leads to eachother until you can build your own boat and sail to whatever island you want to kinda like shipwrecked but with normal caves.

I would also love to see this to include the ruins based loot table but I think that's a lot more work.

• Like 1

Warbucks    2,810

I wish there was an easy way to do this, it looks like it could be fun