New Firepit skin for Hot Lava owners!

Having Skin reward items for owning other games is a pretty cool idea- BUT.. I got a Game Informer book in the mail today and in it there was a page for a game called “Griftlands” now I know nothing at all about Griftlands outside of the fact that it’s Developed & Published by Klei.. therefore they own the rights to all material in the game right? 

So in theory.... if they wanted to take these guys from their other game (Griftlands) and suddenly have them pop out of the small fishing lakes Expert players think are completely safe in Don’t Starve Together... 

they could literally do just exactly that if they wanted to right?

E42DE6B9-5619-42E7-9DE2-3625A36ED269.jpeg

49 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

we already have the ONI alchemy engine for the people who bought in the beta. Dunno if klei is gonna add another one as proof of purchase

That was never given out to ONI Alpha testers. If I recall correctly, we were given a free Klei game on Steam. Only if you had every game did you get skins for DST, and I don't know anyone who got that to know if it was the Alchemy Pod or not. Either way, the Alchemy pod is a marketable random drop Elegant rarity item; not a Loyal like the mini monument, pirate bird rarity item cage and the lava pit.

13 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

you are wrong... and pls read what I wrote... the alchemy pod skin was given to the people that BOUGHT ONI directly by Klei .... that phase when they sold the game directly on their page

I'm confused... On Klei's page? I thought the game was on Steam since the Alpha stage.

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Very early on, when they announced the game, Klei sold the game directly on their web page. Later they move to steam

I see. Thank you for the info.

Either way, I think this post:

1 hour ago, I_Link_I said:

I dont know who or where  to ask ,but:

Are there going to be Skins for owners of other games too?

Maybe something ONI related?

is referring to how you can still buy RoG, SW and Hot Lava right now and get skins for them. I don't think the Alchemy Pod counts in this case.

45 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I see. Thank you for the info.

Either way, I think this post:

is referring to how you can still buy RoG, SW and Hot Lava right now and get skins for them. I don't think the Alchemy Pod counts in this case.

Wait,RoG and SW give Skins?

Have i missed them or is it not when you buy it in steam?(hamlet and wormwood work with steam)

5d84c2a7c9ad8_FirePits.thumb.png.398b2e5e8029bcb832e25112f458af90.png

And with that, we get out lucky 7th Fire Pit Skin. This one's certainly very unique and cool, with colors we're not used to see used in other fire pit skins (it's mostly light and dark grey). I lack the fanged and stone kiln skins and I hope they make the Kiln a purchasable award through the awards shop. Personal favorite is still Winged Blazier, looks very nice and compact, especially fitting on boats.

31 minutes ago, I_Link_I said:

Wait,RoG and SW give Skins?

Have i missed them or is it not when you buy it in steam?(hamlet and wormwood work with steam)

If I recall correctly, you get the Mini Monument Firepit skin for owning RoG and the Pirate Birdcage skin for owning SW. When I got mine, I had to type in a code Steam showed me whenever I booted up DS. I'm not sure if that's necessary anymore.

1 minute ago, Electroely said:

If I recall correctly, you get the Mini Monument Firepit skin for owning RoG and the Pirate Birdcage skin for owning SW. When I got mine, I had to type in a code Steam showed me whenever I booted up DS. I'm not sure if that's necessary anymore.

Ah,thank you,thats where those are from.

i feal stupid now :D

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hallowed Nights is coming soon and I want a Halloweenish themed fire pit and torch, except with a GREEN flame.. because uhh yeah.. it’s meant to look spooky.

Maybe just an event where all flames are green?

(and endothermic maybe a crimson red?)

Would be cool.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

you are wrong... and pls read what I wrote... the alchemy pod skin was given to the people that BOUGHT ONI directly by Klei .... that phase when they sold the game directly on their page

If that's true. I never got that skin. so how do i get it haha

9 minutes ago, I_Link_I said:

Ah,thank you,thats where those are from.

i feal stupid now :D

Maybe just an event where all flames are green?

(and endothermic maybe a crimson red?)

Would be cool.

I would like for them to be permanent that way once unlocked I can use them all year round type things..

my father writes horror stories and I spent most my childhood watching TONS of horror movies and by the way yes.. Halloween is my favorite holiday of the whole year (followed of course by Christmas) I just have this fascination for cool looking spooky things.

I kinda want to ask for a water fountain decoration I can put out in my base to look pretty (both a totally normal version & a gothic vampire blood version for Halloween) but I’m not sure how people feel about “base decorations”

you may think my ideas are a bit morbid, but hey someone at Klei must have the same mindset as me because I’m not the one who put half eaten zombie penguins in my game.

just sayin.

4 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

If that's true. I never got that skin. so how do i get it haha

You can only get it now if you purchase on the market. I hope this is gonna change soon. 

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Snip

Don't have the Tencent one yet. And I don't think we are gonna get it on Steam. 

31 minutes ago, Xenologist said:

I didn't get the alchemy engine skin from klei directly, even though I bought Oni the day it was for sale. I had bought one from the market. I also don't think I had DST then

Yeah i never heard anything about people getting the Pod skin for owning ONI on day one... I feel like it would have been a loyal skin if that were true.

3 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

And with that, we get out lucky 7th Fire Pit Skin. This one's certainly very unique and cool, with colors we're not used to see used in other fire pit skins (it's mostly light and dark grey). I lack the fanged and stone kiln skins and I hope they make the Kiln a purchasable award through the awards shop. Personal favorite is still Winged Blazier, looks very nice and compact, especially fitting on boats.

Woah, I've never seen the square one. What is that from?

Archived