Wes Rework Idea

So we can all tell, our friend and silly mime Wes is currently at a bad state at the game. He was perfect for single player don't starve in where it doesn't affect others, but in a multiplayer game like Don't Starve Together is where he doesn't fit at all. So i decided to take the time to post a idea in which he can improve him highly.

-Give him the ability to not require the need to paddle with a oar.

That's all, he's fixed. Thanks for reading. took a long time to make this to fit in with the current and future reworks. Hopefully you do end up reading this huge and complex wall of text.

:wilson_ecstatic:

7 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

So we can all tell, our friend and silly mime Wes is currently at a bad state at the game. He was perfect for single player don't starve in where it doesn't affect others, but in a multiplayer game like Don't Starve Together is where he doesn't fit at all. So i decided to take the time to post a idea in which he can improve him highly.

-Give him the ability to not require the need to paddle with a oar.

That's all, he's fixed. Thanks for reading. took a long time to make this to fit in with the current and future reworks. Hopefully you do end up reading this huge and complex wall of text.

Seriously, Wes needs more action with the balls and his magic pantomime. Then it will make him a strong character.

Like I said- I want the ability to pantomime INVISIBLE WALLS..why you ask?? I’ve seen it done in so many beloved cartoons as a kid and I think it would be absolutely hilarious to see a horde of Hell Hounds chasing after Wes only to slam into an invisible wall face first, let out a yelp be stunned for a few seconds while they shake their head and look around confused as to WTF just happened.

Heres how it works from a Gameplay perspective- Wes can build invisible walls similar to Wormwoods Snare Traps that temporarily catch enemies in place, Wes can only have a total of 4 walls active at any given time (I say four so he can perform the classic mime performance act of boxing himself into an invisible box)

WES and All other playable characters can walk through these walls as if they do not exist at all. 

And if the hardcore core fans don’t want any changes done to Wes to preserve his Hardcore nature then fine: Klei can add a toggle to the game that disables all character stats and abilities, warning sounds, passives etc.. so that you can now pick your “hardcore” character based purely off their appearance Alone- and still have that old Wes like challenge.

which opens the doorway for Klei to Rework Wes and make him just as fun to play as as the rest of the Don’t Starve Together cast without these forums becoming set on fire.

I also give a huge thumbs up to the Idea of being able to row a boat without an Oar, but at the cost of Sanity each row would end up being a bit harsh.. so yeah let’s not do that part.

I’m bring this thread back from the Dead because I have decided to revisit Wes- This post isn’t about making Wes even more insanely hardcore- if your looking for ideas on that please leave now.. because as I have stated numerous times- They can simply just add a “Hard” option while selecting your character which disables all character abilities, makes you as weak or weaker then Wes and removes all Audio Cues.

Guess What?? Even Wortox, Wormwood & Wurt just became WES!

So now that that incredibly boring and disappointing topic has been covered- let’s get to why I’m reviving this long dead thread- MAKING WES FUN.

I’ve already mentioned Pantomime walls Which would react similar to Wormwoods Snare Traps temporarily stunning enemies in place.

BUT, he needs more than that, so let’s focus on Mime/Clown gimmicks.

#1- Personal Boat, Wes Should be able to craft a balloon and then blow it up into rubber ducky float, the Balloon float is super easy to destroy though so if Wes takes Damage from any source it’s going to Pop and Wes is drowning.

#2- Wortox Gap Hop Ability- Wes should be able to craft 12 balloons and then tie them all together with a rope, Wes will then take flight while holding his stack of Balloons long enough to float across a gap of land before all the Balloons pop (Wes takes a tiny bit of Health Damage falling) additionally, this could be used to escape being surrounded in a fight, just keep in mind that once you hit the ground you will take tiny hp damages and will temporarily be stun locked as you sit there for a second on your Clown Butt shaking your head clear & shoeing away the the Stars that are swirling above your head.

#3-  Wes players are going to hate me for this but I don’t care...

After giving my first Champion Belt to the Pig King and playing the Mini-Game (it took for freaking ever and a day to get ONE Belt to spawn :() & Having those four hilarious pigs run around smacking me in the face with a giant sign knocking my character to the ground on their Butt..

that is ALL I’ve wanted for Wes as a Craftable Weapon now.

They can even steal a page out of Looney Tunes book like where when he takes Damage he holds up the sign reading “Ouch!”

In addition to these three ideas- The Op had suggested that Wes should NEVER have to craft a Rowing Oar and would instead Mime that he is Rowing. that is perfect and fits the theme I hope Klei’s going to give him.

Archived