[Game Update] - 368667

• Developer

You all can adjust the volumes for your 

2 minutes ago, engiSonic said:

Please, please, PLEASE add an option to re-enable it or something! I'd love to have an option for a fully re-done soundtrack to represent Charlie's reign!

More music to come my DST friends. We have only 2 composers for ALL of Klei so we all have to wait our turn

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Marco BR said:

This is not for us, unfortunately :wilson_cry:

Not yet! We just gotta grease some palms and make it happen baby!

Jokes aside, I feel like the upcoming cloth currency will let Klei give us access to these extra skins without going through a bunch of hassle with Sony. I still have faith that the SW pirate bird cage, the bottomless pit, the pop skins, and now this one will eventually be made available. At which point I instabuy all of them. 

Edited by NSAiswatchingus
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Not yet! We just gotta grease some palms and make it happen baby!

Jokes aside, I feel like the upcoming cloth currency will let Klei give us access to these extra skins without going through a bunch of hassle with Sony. I still have faith that the SW pirate bird cage, the bottomless pit, the pop skins, and now this one will eventually be made available. At which point I instabuy all of them. 

That’s the plan anyways.. let’s hope our prayers are heard & answered!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

I'm no audio designer, but yes, that is my understanding. Overall things will be quieter, to give room in the volume range for louder events, rather than having everything at max volume all the time. You may want to increase the volume of the game in your windows volume mixer, to balance that out a bit. Previously I had DST turned down in Windows, so I brought it back up after these changes.

Edit: also as Cyberboy2000 mentioned below, you may have turned down your sound settings in the in-game options menu already too.

that's nice and dandy, but my setup accounts for multiple games, softwares and music players which had everything toned perfectly. My windows was already maxed out. Now I'm forced to compensate and tweak all my other things because one game thought it'd be okay to innately halve volume.

volume isn't an universal setting. It's like mouse sensitivity. There are way too many varying factors from each computer to another.

I am not ok with this.

Will there be an option later to revert the eerily quiet music? Even at maxed ingame volume, it feels so disorienting compared to what I'm used to.

EDIT: Never mind, default values changed from 10 to 4 since I last checked during the update. Now they're back up, where they're supposed to be.

Edited by Thieverpedia

5 hours ago, dansorce said:

More music to come my DST friends. We have only 2 composers for ALL of Klei so we all have to wait our turn

Hi! Are you a new dev, or have we not seen you around until recently? I really enjoy how vocal you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PeterA said:

Unfortunately that is not currently an option.

My question is why I already have something that disappears. I participated in every twitch , it was long  hours, I have all the things in twitch, you know, suddenly I found out that my inventory is disappears, like magic hat ,The avatar and background is in my inventory,The corresponding item has disappeared.they are all indestructible, why are they gone?do you understand this feeling, just like a thief stole my things .I am going to bind what I didn't need to bind in exchange foryour reward points. This is a joke.You have to check my account and compensate for the items that I disappeared.I have a lot of such things on my account, please check it out and give me an explanation.

TIM图片20190920132512.png

TIM图片20190920132508.png

8 hours ago, dansorce said:

More music to comMy question is why I already have something that disappears. I participated in every twitch , it was long  hours, I have all the things in twitch, you know, suddenly I found out that my inventory is disappears, like magic hat ,The avatar and background is in my inventory,The corresponding item has disappeared.they are all indestructible, why are they gone?do you understand this feeling, just like a thief stole my things .I am going to bind what I didn't need to bind in exchange foryour reward points. This is a joke.You have to check my account and compensate for the items that I disappeared.I have a lot of such things on my account, please check it out and give me an explanation.e my DST friends. We have only 2 composers for ALL of Klei so we all have to wait our turn

• Sad 1

^^^ your better off posting this in the Bugs section, to hopefully have a Dev help resolve the issue for you, however please be aware that whenever a video game gets a huge update like they’re planning to do with DST.. that there are occasional mishaps, from animations breaking, music playing in places it shouldn’t & players items just disappearing randomly to randomly generated oceans not even generating at all.. 

bugs happen, it happens to all the best games (anytime GTA Online for example gets a huge update... the new update has been known to “break” every single patch/fix they’ve done before in the past, leaving them to Re-fix what they broke.)

But rest assured that I’m sure that Klei has a way of checking your account to see what should be there and what shouldn’t.. it may take until after they’re done updating the game with their planned content (see above where new stuff sometimes breaks old stuff) but give them time and be patient.

Im no game developer.. but I know enough about it to know that it is a tiresome painstaking process which can take time to go through trail & error- Glitches, Bugs.. and the occasional set backs tend to just happen.

it is our job as their (hopefully) loyal fan base & as gamers to understand that, respect that, and have patience with them while they work to get it all ironed out.

i hope you get your stuff back friend & good luck in your future adventures!

• Thanks 1

• Developer
12 hours ago, Second World said:

My question is why I already have something that disappears. I participated in every twitch , it was long  hours, I have all the things in twitch, you know, suddenly I found out that my inventory is disappears, like magic hat ,The avatar and background is in my inventory,The corresponding item has disappeared.they are all indestructible, why are they gone?do you understand this feeling, just like a thief stole my things .I am going to bind what I didn't need to bind in exchange foryour reward points. This is a joke.You have to check my account and compensate for the items that I disappeared.I have a lot of such things on my account, please check it out and give me an explanation

It's most likely that your account has too many items on it. We're hitting some limits of our database implementation, around 3000 items, which causes some items to not appear when you download your inventory. Don't worry though, the items aren't lost and are still on your account. If you can get rid of some of your duplicates, by using the trade-inn, unraveling or trading/steam market place, then you should see the rest of your items again.

This is a known issue that we're working towards fixing. Thanks for the report!

• Thanks 5