[Game Update] - 368667

I have that skin, if the beta was free then I maybe played it(or did I watch others play?) I just bought the skin. Got it once I went from the beta back to main branch.

Looks like all owners get it, here is how it looks in-game

Spoiler

fire.png.89ee653338eb7e0b3e9543244f24b287.png

Edited by MrKoopa
added image
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:
  • New global audio-mix changes. "everything turned down" to allow for more headroom for louder scenarios.

...oh god what are you planning? :shock:

17 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Since I haven't seen anyone mentioning this, I assume that most players don't know, but (skins related spoiler) :

Mainly because I didn't notice...and also I've been kicked off of skin data mining duty. :wilson_ecstatic:

5 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Not just beta participants, but all owners.

Dang...that firepit skins look (pardon the pun) FIRE. Kinda makes me wanna buy Hot Lava just so I get get that skin... :wilson_curious:

• Like 1

That’s a cool looking fire pit skin, but it’s another one of those things we won’t get on consoles.. sigh, I hope they do some decent Halloween themed content that console players CAN get this year at least.

I am already slightly disappointed with today being International Pirate Day we didn’t get some Pirate Themed Cosmetics In-game for logging in but I mean Meh.. there’s always next year?

• Sad 1

• Developer
6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

clicked this in my downloads, it redirected me back to DST's page. What is Common Redistributables?

I believe that is the common libraries the many games rely on such as DirectX and the Visual C++ runtimes. As for why it linked back to DST, I'm not sure, maybe a bug in Steam's UI.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Not just beta participants, but all owners.

Will it be always available or just for some certain time? I wonder if it's necessary to rush with buying Hot Lava or if it can wait without worrying about losing the chance to get the skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Does this mean everything is quieter? Because it seems everything's much quieter now or am I just having the placebo effect based on this "everything turned down" in the update notes :wilson_ecstatic:?

Of course that's what it means. This is a big deal. The non-music game is half quieter for no valid reason.

Until people actually start the game up and play (rather than just yap about skins on the forums), there should be plenty of outrage in the coming days.

• Sad 2

• Developer
35 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Does this mean everything is quieter? Because it seems everything's much quieter now or am I just having the placebo effect based on this "everything turned down" in the update notes

I'm no audio designer, but yes, that is my understanding. Overall things will be quieter, to give room in the volume range for louder events, rather than having everything at max volume all the time. You may want to increase the volume of the game in your windows volume mixer, to balance that out a bit. Previously I had DST turned down in Windows, so I brought it back up after these changes.

Edit: also as Cyberboy2000 mentioned below, you may have turned down your sound settings in the in-game options menu already too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4