Klei, explain to me your logic

Guest aresd

Why is building repair related to “cleaning”? I'm tired of watching my duplicates with building 1 and cleaning 20 for 5-6 cycles in a row trying to fix the bunker door. But if I change priorities, my builders and mechanics will do other things

And further. Maybe you need to slightly change the amount of space debris? I regularly get garbage that covers ALL of the coverage. Do you think this is normal when you need to regularly attract duplicates to clear, because there are not even ghostly chances for robots?

5 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

this is why they opened the game for modding

"our task is to release the game, after yourself figure out how to make it work" ?))

Keep in mind the standard approach with moddable games:  

Step 1, make a decent set of guesses and release the game.   Choices typically OK but far from truly good.

Step 2, players get very annoyed at some features.

Step 3, modders fix those bad behaviors.

Step 4, devs monitor mod downloads and implement the most downloaded behaviors as fixes to the core game.

Over time the game gets better.

Moral of the story:  Download and use the mods that make the game behave the way YOU want it to behave.

10 minutes ago, zOldBulldog said:

Keep in mind the standard approach with moddable games:  

Step 1, make a decent set of guesses and release the game.   Choices typically OK but far from truly good.

Step 2, players get very annoyed at some features.

Step 3, modders fix those bad behaviors.

Step 4, devs monitor mod downloads and implement the most downloaded behaviors as fixes to the core game.

Over time the game gets better.

Moral of the story:  Download and use the mods that make the game behave the way YOU want it to behave.

the problem is that some, maybe many people, do not like to deviate from the idea of developers. Still, this is a customization of the game.

14 minutes ago, zOldBulldog said:

I do not think so. This will be theft of other people's ideas and vice versa will push the developers away. No one will develop mods if the developer will theft it. Any mod is almost a guarantee that this thing will not be in the official game

3 hours ago, aresd said:

the problem is that some, maybe many people, do not like to deviate from the idea of developers. Still, this is a customization of the game.

I do not think so. This will be theft of other people's ideas and vice versa will push the developers away. No one will develop mods if the developer will theft it. Any mod is almost a guarantee that this thing will not be in the official game

This is not true, there are many games, where devs implemented mods into the base game. For example, in Kerbal Space Program, the Mk2 aircraft fuselage was mod, that was later with it´s autors permision incorporated into the game. It works even the other way around. Again in KSP, there is one dev making mods in his free time, that got several times included into the game, since people liked them.

Even in ONI, there was mod boosting Condictive heavy wire to 50K. This is exactly what the latest update brought into the game.

18 minutes ago, Oxygenbreather said:

Repair is a little awkward altogether. why does it eat resources, but destroying the building and rebuilding it doesn't? Not that I'm complaining, I've "fixed" almost everything the second way to save on them..

Yes, Repair should be in "building" if not a category by itself.

I ran into a problem in Space. A space scanner could accidentally lose a rocket when it almost arrived at the base, but suddenly a meteor shower started and the bunker doors closed. Logically, the space scanner must remember the location of the rocket and the time of arrival, as the meteor shower scanners do. But no. when the bunker doors are closed, the scanner momentarily loses the rocket and gives a signal to close the gateway through which the rocket enters. The result is a breakdown.

2 hours ago, aresd said:

I ran into a problem in Space. A space scanner could accidentally lose a rocket when it almost arrived at the base, but suddenly a meteor shower started and the bunker doors closed. Logically, the space scanner must remember the location of the rocket and the time of arrival, as the meteor shower scanners do. But no. when the bunker doors are closed, the scanner momentarily loses the rocket and gives a signal to close the gateway through which the rocket enters. The result is a breakdown.

Thats why I build rockets outside... only very occasionally a gantry gets hit, and then it's destruct and rebuild time. Yes I'd be sad if that would cost steel already.

What I actually expected when a rocket is "Ready to Land" is to be able call it when I 'd like. Since there is a notification "A rocket is ready to land" I believe it was actually planned, then not gotten to get coded to, and then scrapped.

PS: Sorry, for going a bit off topic.

30 minutes ago, Oxygenbreather said:

Thats why I build rockets outside... only very occasionally a gantry gets hit, and then it's destruct and rebuild time. Yes I'd be sad if that would cost steel already.

What I actually expected when a rocket is "Ready to Land" is to be able call it when I 'd like. Since there is a notification "A rocket is ready to land" I believe it was actually planned, then not gotten to get coded to, and then scrapped.

PS: Sorry, for going a bit off topic.

Undoubtedly, this is a solution, especially since the moment was introduced the jetpack. but I want to stick to the ideas of the game and some realism)

Archived