Weremoose vs Abigail: Spider Farming

2 hours ago, Broodalize said:

I mean, as he should be. Abigail lasts until she dies and moose has a limited duration that zeroes hunger and makes you go batty.

Unfortunately Abi also has a long cool-down period once she's gone (unless you stockpile flowers, which imo is really not intuitive or sensible to Wendy's character) and takes a huge chunk of sanity to resummon. Wendy def needs a bit more to secure her own niche against Woodie right now (or get a new niche entirely) whether it's by giving Abi more utility or Wendy herself getting something new.

5 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

;)

1) Spider Dens stacked on top of each other, which normally shouldn't be possible (well, I know it technically is but it's too much of a hassle). This means spiders will be more easily aggroed since they're all close to each other.

2) Permanent night. Your whole video lasts more than an in-game day, that never happens in any season on default settings.

3) You're still using more resoruces than Woodie would for the Kitschy Moose idol. Moggles, Thulecite Suits and a Ham Bat is way more than a bunch of Monster Meat and Grass.

4) Weremoose would probably be about the same in a scenario like this too, if not better. If you're trying to make a point, I don't see it.

Either way, Abigail and Weremoose each have their own merits and work very differently, it's silly to argue about it. It doesn't matter if one is better than the other most of the time, the game isn't always so straight forward and people have fun in different ways. I'm sure the video was trying to convey exactly that, even considering how silly it was at doing that.

12 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

dont forguet that Wendy just stand and watch how Abigail kills spiders meanwhile Woodie can be stunlocked forever

You don't get stunlocked you mash right-click. I haven't had a sitation where I've found myself stunlocked as the Weremoose, even while taking on 10 dens' worth of spiders.

30 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

dont forguet that Wendy just stand and watch how Abigail kills spiders meanwhile Woodie can be stunlocked forever

Actually, if you join the fight instead of just watching Abigail, you can make her much better. Spiders are a great example: they kill her much slower if you attack them and kill the warriors before they bite too much. The same goes for the ruins, the swamp or other monsters. You can actually kill a tallbird or a tentacle without kiting if you let Abby tank the hits (and actually you can save her if she goes on a suicide mission against a tentacle.)

51 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Actually, if you join the fight instead of just watching Abigail, you can make her much better. Spiders are a great example: they kill her much slower if you attack them and kill the warriors before they bite too much. The same goes for the ruins, the swamp or other monsters. You can actually kill a tallbird or a tentacle without kiting if you let Abby tank the hits (and actually you can save her if she goes on a suicide mission against a tentacle.)

what i mean its that is safer, ofc you will help if there is a lot or you dont have to chop or mine at same time xD

6 hours ago, HobNob said:

1) Spider Dens stacked on top of each other, which normally shouldn't be possible (well, I know it technically is but it's too much of a hassle). This means spiders will be more easily aggroed since they're all close to each other.

2) Permanent night. Your whole video lasts more than an in-game day, that never happens in any season on default settings.

3) You're still using more resoruces than Woodie would for the Kitschy Moose idol. Moggles, Thulecite Suits and a Ham Bat is way more than a bunch of Monster Meat and Grass.

4) Weremoose would probably be about the same in a scenario like this too, if not better. If you're trying to make a point, I don't see it.

Either way, Abigail and Weremoose each have their own merits and work very differently, it's silly to argue about it. It doesn't matter if one is better than the other most of the time, the game isn't always so straight forward and people have fun in different ways. I'm sure the video was trying to convey exactly that, even considering how silly it was at doing that.

I could still do it in a cave  which  is permanent  night mind you  so it's not out of the realm of possibilities   I and the equipment  I chose was to simulate the equal equipment  of the were moose  being 90 percent dmg reduction and hambat damage   

My main point is that the moose can only do the fight for so long b4 you need to retreat   while wendy is only limited by how many abbies she has   I would say moose wins over early on but  wendy is better in the long run  

Plus I did the stack cause that's how they were testing the moose  in strictly  the moose fairs way better if they are stacked like that  since it gives a better chance for you to charge through   I can still do 50 sacks planted normally  which would make it much harder for the moose  I could do this with a torch and just abbies if you want me to heh it's not my first rodeo 

9 hours ago, Electroely said:

You don't get stunlocked you mash right-click. I haven't had a sitation where I've found myself stunlocked as the Weremoose, even while taking on 10 dens' worth of spiders.

I got stunlocked during a frog rain. hit one and started charging into the frogs that took aggro. I plowed through probably 50 frogs but they just kept coming and a few lucky swings cancelled my charge and eventually I was overwhelmed.

11 hours ago, Electroely said:

If you missclick and end a charge with a bunch of enemies around, you do get perma-stunlocked and die, no matter how much you mash right click. I had that happen to me as moose a couple of times now :/ and had almost full hp (all thats left after the idol)

The reallyreally good thing moose has on its favor, is that you can mass fight groups of things that would be problematic otherwise:

• Treeguards: I fought at least 5 at the same time, I took nearly no damage. They all eventually get clumped together and walk like if they were just one thing.
  • Spider queens: Fought 3 at the same time, got moderate damage, but i was a bit careless with the group of spider minions spawned, and maybe could have been better
  • Groups of nightmares during ruins nightmare phase: Was able to kill 3 crawling horror and 2 terrobeaks almost at the same time, hitting them all with charge, over and over. Got heavy damage since many bit me as I pass through, but I suppose you can learn their attack timings to take less damage than what I got.
  • Combinations of the above: I tend to go insane during long moose fights, so it was common for me to be fighting 2 spider queens, their minions, and 2 terrorbeaks. You can still win if you are careful.

In my experience WereMoose has a terrible weakness though: Timings. Bad angles when charging, charging too soon or too late, or specially when you run out of hunger and become Woodie. Any unsolved fight around you will finish you off when you become Woodie, if you didn't escape far enough. Oportunistic terrorbeaks will also finish you off if you are trying to escape a fight to restore your hp.

Archived