-Variant    4,848

Good points, weird wording. 

Not gonna lie I'm seeing a 50/50 here, both sides are making good points, the wording is off, but a few people here seem particularly hostile.

This all seems messy.
:{

• Thanks 2

Frashaw27    376
10 minutes ago, Canis said:

"Klei can seek after veterans that main that character, since their thoughts are arguably more important than anyone else's" isn't egotistical

You see now while it maybe less douchey it's still a bit egotystical to think that veterans that main a certain character have the best insight. I never play wolfgang but from a outsider looking in perspective, I can still point out flaws and ways to fix him that might deviate from someone who plays him all the time. It's good you clarified but it still seems egotistical to assume that we also can't give feedback, or the selected testing group isn't biased.

14 minutes ago, Canis said:

Before posting this, I was confident that I hit it straight on the nail because I had nothing but mostly thumbs up from everyone I reached out to. Perhaps It was a massive stroke of luck that everyone shared the same opinion.

Maybe the people you spoke with could be biased because of their time playing? It would have been better if you also got the opinions of non veterans to shows that it isn't a plateau of skill thing.

16 minutes ago, Canis said:

-The term "veteran" was used a lot. This was basically used as a placeholder name for "someone that has years worth of experience in the game and know it inside and out." When I talk about veterans wanting something, of course I don't mean every veteran under the sun

Then why did you write it like it was. We would be less of a uproar if you made it out like a group of individuals have this opinion and not literally everybody with beteran qualities.

21 minutes ago, -Variant said:

but a few people here seem particularly hostile

Sorry if my essay went off a hostile but thats the way I saw fit to go about this. Give points of contention and explain my opinion on them, and I didn't mean to write with malice but I woll apologoze if you felt I was hostile. I think the reason why some may have gotten hostile is because the way you wrote it made it seem like you and your group to be the "correct" ones and that its what we all think. Again Im sorry if I came off malicious.

• Like 1

NinofanTOG    769

I think DST is fine...the character rework is great imo. I never touched Woodie before but now I think "Huh, this isnt actually so bad." I also dont think the new Characters are OP....

Wiona: Advantage: Building stuff. Disadvantage: Building stuff makes hungry

Wortox: Advantage: Eating souls of the innocent. Disadvantage: Eating Souls of the innocent.

Wormwood: Advantage: Is a plant. Disadvantage: Is a plant.

Warly: Advantage: Cooks good Disadvantage: Only wants cooked stuff (Rip Jerky and blue shrooms)

Also...DST is not easy. Just play with a noob once, and you will see them hardly survive past day 10. Sur the new stuff is bite sized, but its better than nothing,

EDIT: 

To be completely fair, Wortox is a bit OP when playing with friends. But since I dont have friends /s I forgot to add that.

Edited by NinofanTOG
  • Like 3

Sketched_Philo    1,073
4 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

. I think the reason why some may have gotten hostile is because the way you wrote it made it seem like you and your group to be the "correct" ones and that its what we all think. Again Im sorry if I came off malicious.

To be absolutely honest, I skimmed really quickly through your entire post and this last sentence caught my attention. Anybody who argues for a viewpoint thinks that they're correct.

This is not unique to the original poster, or to me, or to anybody.

Edited by Sketched_Philo

359368170    841
37 minutes ago, superfast said:

It is ridiculous that you can claim to be a veteran

Newcomers will learn skills from veterans. Not only because veterans had longer playing time, but also that veterans are friendly and enthusiastic with newcomers when they need help in game.

You can criticize those people who claim to be a veteran. But newcomers Do need help while they die when they said It's so dark.Something bit me. You can't judge people who asked questions about game.

Veteran doesn't mean that player is a leader or an elite in community. They always contribute to the game by sharing their experience  and achievement.

Destroying a character could do a huge amount of damage to Veterans. That is why they stand up and fight for their own interests.

• Like 1

Seero    744
2 hours ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Hours are not an indication of a player's skill level. I know people with 2000+ hours who require assistance from mods in order to survive a full year

I felt this

also nice post, i enjoyed reading it and it summed up this thread pretty well!

• Like 2

Bird Up    720

Dang, Sunset Skye always dropping the hard facts. I appreciate all the thought in this post, but I find myself not enthusiastically supportive of much speaking as a... 'veteran' with a couple thousand hours. A lot of the suggestions are really tiny micro concerns that I don't really care for when I'm actually playing the game.

I don't like the idea of a hard mode. There's already map generation changes to make things marginally more difficult. I find a lot of fun in challenging myself with difficult goals to reach in specific time frames, and that really keeps me going in terms of challenge.

The way the betas work now is best because it's very democratic - you just opt in and you can play it. Limiting it to whoever Klei arbitrarily deems a 'veteran' would annoy me so much.

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

Giggimish    727

as much as I can agree with this, downsides for a character are usually threatening for newer players, but rather irrelevant for veterans. In my opinion, hard mode could have a more completely different balance rather than making the game too hard for newer players that somewhat enjoy the balance of current dst, what i'm actually saying is besides the different revive system, the characters and mobs could be reworked.

Edited by Giggimish
  • Like 1

Canis    9,012
29 minutes ago, maradyne said:

snip

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

snop

This was a breath of fresh air. I spent a week compiling ideas from people and making sure that I got all the ideas down, and having it blow up in your face is self-esteem-shattering.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

maciu67    358

Hmm... difficulty level

In solo DS, the difficulty level increased all the time opposite to DST

• Thanks 1