Weapon? Helmets?New crafts?

3 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

1)i would love a variety like Hamlet, i like hamlet to much for his "more rpg" gameplay

2)also would be nice to craft something with all of those helmets at >10%, i only use them to pick up cactis 

1)I agree with you;

2)I want a new helmets for differents goals;

2 hours ago, Russian Philin said:

some special weapons with new abilities. It will make fight more interesting? RIGHT?

Weapons like morning star, bat bat and thulecite club have pretty cool effects... IF THEY WERE USED. AT ALL.
M-star needs to be affected by goat jelly, thulecite club needs more durability and bat bat, I dunno.
After playing Wormwood and having a cave entrance at base guarded by 2 bunnies I actually started appreciating bat bat a lot more than I used to.

idk why klei prevents people using variety of items with punishing them

night armor and dark sword : fragil and highly consuming sanity

marble armor : slow..

hambat : mostly like to remain as "one time weapon for bosses" due to rotting in no time

grass armor : too weak for fighting in general, i would use if it was atleast 70%

thulecite tools : dosen't last long even when they should

tail o three cat, morning star : uses items thats rarely invested, too situational for being useful

well they have include a new helmet, maybe a little weak but works like log suit. I expect they will keep including more animales and mobs in general (not only in sea) with new resources.

Maybe the new music its a hint about hamlet contents (with his bugs)

edit. as you are talking. Ruins weapons should have more uses, i think hambat its pretty strong and cheap like dark sword, night armor its not worth it since if you get hitten you will have to deal with a lot of mobs (shadows with 50 damage) meanwhile you are fighting a boss, morning star its pretty usefull but only in spring or in caves when water leaks and the damage isnt so good for a tediuous crafting weapon, batbat its pretty cool for heal meanwhile you fight but not so strong for the low % of wings drop

5 hours ago, Russian Philin said:

The meaning of this topic is that the game has very few helmets and few very good weapons. I just want it to be noticed. And, for example, added some special weapons with new abilities. It will make fight more interesting? RIGHT?

1568088201413.jpg

It is part of the design to limit weapons

Shouldn't we get a rework of items that currently exist first? The meta is only like this because plenty of items are of limited use, or too expensive (or both)

EG:

• Night armor is a cool concept but in reality I'm probably the only player that tries to use it every time he can. And quite frankly I agree that they are not that effective. I think they should have a permanent drain of 5 sanity/min instead of  current 10 sanity/min, and they should probably be cheaper to make (just 2 papyrus instead of 3)
  • Batbats are an awesome secondary weapon, their usage is not meant to "only use that", but more to fight with dark sword, hambat, spear or any other weapon, and when you get injured, you switch to batbat briefly to regain some hp while you keep dealing some damage. The problem is that they are too expensive to make. I'd drop its cost to just one living log, the 5 bat wings, and the purple gem. Or 3 fuel instead of the gem.
  • Marble armor: these are actually pretty good, but again, too expensive to make. Marble being renewable is not a problem now, I'd probably drop its rope cost to just 2. The other cons are fair, and it has a decently high durability, I also think its fair that it makes you slow, given that you are getting a cheap armor that provides 95% protection.
  • Thul club: Too expensive for what it gives, or for what you can get with a dark sword, specially considering that you can make dark swords anywhere, and thul clubs require you to make at the ruins. I'd increase their damage to Dark sword level, and drop their cost to 4 fuel, 3 thul, 1 living log. They will then be better than dark swords and worth investing the time to go make them, because they will not have a sanity drain, increase your speed slightly, and have the shadow tentacle bonus.

ETC..

I could go on, but you get the point. There's plenty of room for improvement with what we got.

18 hours ago, Poebus said:

dark sword should become stronger and stronger as your sanity drops

glass cutter's damage should change little bit depend on moon cycle

thulecite club should offer more durability

You know what, I like the idea. This is will change the look of the old weapons and will give more interest to the fight.

I hope the devs revamp the old weapons first tbh. 

I agree with the idea that Thulecite Club needs more durability. 

Tbh I think Glass Cutter is extremely situational to bother with it. Ancient Fuelweaver weapon IMO

I think the Cat of three Tails is not that bad... But not so great either... So meh

Bat Bat is not bad actually. Maybe if they increased a bit the wings drop rate that weapon would be much more used. 

More weapons and armor options would be great. I think there are lots of underrated materials for weapons. And I hope we get some sort of forge for new metals alloys or something like that. An alloy metal combining Flint and Nitre would be pretty interesting. 

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

1)I hope the devs revamp the old weapons first tbh. 

2)I agree with the idea that Thulecite Club needs more durability. 

3)Tbh I think Glass Cutter is extremely situational to bother with it. Ancient Fuelweaver weapon IMO

4)I think the Cat of three Tails is not that bad... But not so great either... So meh

5)Bat Bat is not bad actually. Maybe if they increased a bit the wings drop rate that weapon would be much more used. 

6)More weapons and armor options would be great. I think there are lots of underrated materials for weapons. And I hope we get some sort of forge for new metals alloys or something like that. An alloy metal combining Flint and Nitre would be pretty interesting. 

1)+

2)+

3)Hm...

4)I don't like this weapon[don't ask me:"WHY?"] 

5)Bat Bat need a buff, I guess

6)Wonderful idea. I think any new sort of forge is really good for new materials->armors and weapons. 

2 minutes ago, Russian Philin said:

1)+

2)+

3)Hm...

4)I don't like this weapon[don't ask me:"WHY?" 

5)Bat Bat need a buff, I guess

6)Wonderful idea. I think any new sort of forge is really good for new materials->armors and weapons. 

Cat of Three Tails is great if you are looking for the atrium in case you got no Hutch for whatever reason. The problem is that is very situational and costly cuz you only have some Tails until the catcoon dens refresh. So meh. 

I only want one thing a “pirate” themed cosmetics pack..

i want a boat sail for the classic black flag with skull and crossbones.

a pirate cutlass sword that reskins the Spear.

a Pirate Treasure Chest That would reskin the regular storage chest to look like a pirates treasure (lid always opened and filled with a pile of gold coins)

i want a pirate captain hat & red Do-rag with a Pirates Eye patch to reskin the Straw hat into something more pirate like Arghh! 

And (forgive me for not knowing the creatures name) but I want a skin that reskins the flying pet into a pirates parrot.

i would gladly buy this skin pack on day one of its release. 

53 minutes ago, Russian Philin said:

The forge idea is good. It could let us make some experiences, crock pot style, recipes for swords, armors and weird weapons.

We could add spikes on the hambat with  "bee spike" (my bad english) for 10 or 15 more damage.

9 hours ago, Moonatik said:

The forge idea is good. It could let us make some experiences, crock pot style, recipes for swords, armors and weird weapons.

We could add spikes on the hambat with  "bee spike" (my bad english) for 10 or 15 more damage.

Improving weapons it sounds very cool. But I'm not sure we need the addition to weapons even any pieces(bee spikes, etc.). 

I just want us to be able to get cheaper, more normal weapons so everyone can use them. Just in the game there are many types of weapons, but few who use them all.

I'd be for bringing armor durability back up to DS standards. The DST armor durability nerf had good intentions, but it just makes things more grindy. Kinda like non-scaling inflated boss health.

I think more durability would also help the Bat Bat. The absurdity of that weapon's effect stacking with Wigfrid's passive is a lot of fun...but I don't use it as often as I might otherwise because it's gone so quickly that it feels like a waste of gems. Rather...I barely use it at all outside of finding them in the Labyrinth on a Guardian rush.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, Russian Philin said:

I had the idea of shadow helmets, but it works on the principle of shadow armor, so this idea is garbage. I had an idea about the shadow crown... I'll show it to you later, maybe[right now] 

Reveal hidden contents

85%IMG_20190802_155206.thumb.jpg.20767e2513958ba96ea7669eefd07026.jpg

Great minds think alike, hehe. Something I've been meaning to work on...but I just keep getting into other stuff.

...design docs from my side:

Spoiler

[[Nightmare Crown]]

Basic idea is a crown attuned to Their influence. Afflicts the mind with dark thoughts (with some exceptions), and attracts shadow creatures.

[Stats]

Materials:
 10 Nightmare Fuel
 2 Purple Gems
 1 Rope

Shadow Manipulator

5 minute durability
Refuelable with Nightmare Fuel
-10/minute Sanity Aura
Creates a red-purple glow around the wearer to indicate the Aura
Low-pitched, slowed down spooky Abigail whisper when worn
All nearby shadow creatures target the user regardless of sanity, and stay hostile till dead (Bernie effect)
If reasonable to do, remove the targeting shadows chance to randomly vanish

When not worn, it's just a couple Purple Gems sitting in a pile of muck
When worn, animates similarly to the Celestial Orb's surrounding energy...but, y'know, shadows

[Desc]

Negative reinforcements.

Wilson: "Sometimes I can still hear Them calling me back."
Willow: "Quiet, you. This is my home now."
Wolfgang: "Wolfgang not fear you, scary voices!"
Wendy: "Whisper sweet nothings unto me."
WX-78: "FINALLY"
Wickerbottom: "Now, if only they were better listeners."
Woodie: "Y'hear that, Lucy?"
Maxwell: "Hello darkness, my old friend."
Wigfrid: "Come forth, creatures of darkness!"
Webber: "Wearing it makes me think of...bad things."
Winona: "This is a bad idea. Hah! Really though."
Warly: "I hope Maman is..."
Wortox: "Oho ohey, do the Frayed wish to play?"
Wormwood: "Angry hat brings baddies"

Was going for something more in line with shadowy effects, but I like the idea of an item with an HP boost. No reason we can't import Forge mechanics in general. Hm...

18 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Cat of Three Tails is great if you are looking for the atrium in case you got no Hutch for whatever reason. The problem is that is very situational and costly cuz you only have some Tails until the catcoon dens refresh. So meh. 

Huh? How's Cat o' Nine Tails useful in that situation? I like it on PvP because it's range is good :)

Archived